Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

I think the Central Ohio Holy War could be another Instant Classic.
Watty playing good Ball. DeSales over the last couple weeks has
found their game. Throw the Record Books out. I’m fairly sure its
going to be a DonnyBrook. Good Luck to both Teams.

I think the Central Ohio Holy War could be another Instant Classic.
Watty playing good Ball. DeSales over the last couple weeks has
found their game. Throw the Record Books out. I’m fairly sure its
going to be a DonnyBrook. Good Luck to both Teams.
This game going to be wild. wonder if ODU has enough seating?

Good Game!! Not an Instant Classic. Watty won the first Half.
Karl Rd won the 2nd Half. Watty caught the Break at the end of the Game.
Great effort by both Teams. Pretty Standard Game between these two Great
Schools. Congrats Bishop Watterson.

Great game….disappointing outcome. ODU was WAY too small for this game. Add on road closures and the parking situation it makes me think that this game should never be held at ODU again. There has to be access to a larger venue for this game in the future

Great game….disappointing outcome. ODU was WAY too small for this game. Add on road closures and the parking situation it makes me think that this game should never be held at ODU again. There has to be access to a larger venue for this game in the future
Sunbury Rd has been a major issue for ODU hosting big games for years. If Capital were a Catholic school then ODU would’ve been kicked to the curb for hosting CCL a long time ago (just like the Central District has been trying to do.)

Sunbury Rd has been a major issue for ODU hosting big games for years. If Capital were a Catholic school then ODU would’ve been kicked to the curb for hosting CCL a long time ago (just like the Central District has been trying to do.)
They also obviously sold more tickets than the venue could hold. At times it was 3 or 4 deep surrounding the field and they had no endzone bleachers for the band so they had everyone crammed in to a very small space. Watterson really needs to solve this problem before they host this game again. BRING BACK HAGELY!!

They also obviously sold more tickets than the venue could hold. At times it was 3 or 4 deep surrounding the field and they had no endzone bleachers for the band so they had everyone crammed in to a very small space. Watterson really needs to solve this problem before they host this game again. BRING BACK HAGELY!!
Yeah; yikes! At least it’s a testament to the rivalry staying gold in the hearts of thousands upon thousands.

I went to this game with my wife and had a great evening. first, of all, the comments above about the venue are very accurate. we walked in around 630 and got a nice seat on the home side but a quickly look over to away side we noticed that it was already full by 635 and there were hundreds of desales fans tailgating in parking lot and many cars still arriving. that was a pure mess as the desales band and students had 75% of the seats so i cannot imagine hoe many older folks had to stand for 3 hours!

Watty got a W which is most important but I think most would admit that the offense has a lot of work to do if they want a very deep run in the playoffs. Watty could not run the ball at all. I would highly doubt if Watterson had over 25 yards of rushing and I'm sure had over 30 carriers. it was really tough. first half we did sling the ball which seemed to catch Deslaes off guard and grabbed to TDs. 2nd half ,Desales made adjustments and blitzed like crazy. Watty didn't handle well at all. I'm not sure Watterson had more then 2 first downs entire second half. Desales Dline and blitzing LB's dominated.

On the positive side, Watterson defense is as god as advertised. I'm not sure desales would have scored ANY points if not for getting so many turnovers (5) and many of them giving them the ball inside Watterson own 25. desales couldn't muster anything. Couldn't run the ball, and certainly couldn't pass. I think the Soph Desales QB was 1-8 for 14 yards and 2 INT's. The 14 yards came on a screen pass. Watterson def looked good enough to play at deep playoff level.

Can the get the off to come with them??

Either way, loved seeing Watterson get the W and hoping they finsih off hartley for sole share of CCL championship!

I went to this game with my wife and had a great evening. first, of all, the comments above about the venue are very accurate. we walked in around 630 and got a nice seat on the home side but a quickly look over to away side we noticed that it was already full by 635 and there were hundreds of desales fans tailgating in parking lot and many cars still arriving. that was a pure mess as the desales band and students had 75% of the seats so i cannot imagine hoe many older folks had to stand for 3 hours!

Watty got a W which is most important but I think most would admit that the offense has a lot of work to do if they want a very deep run in the playoffs. Watty could not run the ball at all. I would highly doubt if Watterson had over 25 yards of rushing and I'm sure had over 30 carriers. it was really tough. first half we did sling the ball which seemed to catch Deslaes off guard and grabbed to TDs. 2nd half ,Desales made adjustments and blitzed like crazy. Watty didn't handle well at all. I'm not sure Watterson had more then 2 first downs entire second half. Desales Dline and blitzing LB's dominated.

On the positive side, Watterson defense is as god as advertised. I'm not sure desales would have scored ANY points if not for getting so many turnovers (5) and many of them giving them the ball inside Watterson own 25. desales couldn't muster anything. Couldn't run the ball, and certainly couldn't pass. I think the Soph Desales QB was 1-8 for 14 yards and 2 INT's. The 14 yards came on a screen pass. Watterson def looked good enough to play at deep playoff level.

Can the get the off to come with them??

Either way, loved seeing Watterson get the W and hoping they finsih off hartley for sole share of CCL championship!
Good observations. I caught the game on 97.1 and they were wondering about Watterson passing the ball up two with four minutes left in lieu of burning clock and running. Seemed odd to me as well, given the previous INT’s. Happy for the Eagles on their victory.

Good observations. I caught the game on 97.1 and they were wondering about Watterson passing the ball up two with four minutes left in lieu of burning clock and running. Seemed odd to me as well, given the previous INT’s. Happy for the Eagles on their victory.
Really no choice -- could not run at all.

Don't base your observations of Watterson's D being legit over stopping a DeSales Offense who hasn't been able to get out of their own way all year.
I would think Eagles D falls in between the Tiffin Columbian game and the DeSales game. Plus you gave up 24 to Granville.
Aces and Tiffin are more like the Offenses you will see in the playoffs.
Be more concerned with DeSales D laying the blue print on how to stop the Eagles Offense IMO.

Don't base your observations of Watterson's D being legit over stopping a DeSales Offense who hasn't been able to get out of their own way all year.
I would think Eagles D falls in between the Tiffin Columbian game and the DeSales game. Plus you gave up 24 to Granville.
Aces and Tiffin are more like the Offenses you will see in the playoffs.
Be more concerned with DeSales D laying the blue print on how to stop the Eagles Offense IMO.
What defenses are you speaking of in region R11? Dresden who lost 28-0 to Desales? Tiffin gave up 37 to Watty in R10 as the best team in that region. Desales front 7 are better then everyone Watty has played this season... Whitehall brought the house versus Watty first 2 series and it got them crushed quickly... It wasn't gameplan but players. 5 turnovers is NOT normal for Watty and I think its as bad as they can play offensively. Good teams find a way, that's what Watty did.

Watty, relax go back to the beginning of the thread i picked your Eagles to Win the CCL Week 1. Hartley got smashed by Westerville Central in preseason and WC has won like 2 games this year. DeSales struggled all of Preseason and frankly all year with their Offense.
i figured Watterson had the 2 best units combined coming into the Season and they do.
R11 is Wattersons for the taking. Biggest threat might be a rematch with Granville.
But thats when things get tight. Chardon and Hamilton Badin do have the defenses to duplicate DeSales defensive game plan and both are battle tested and tough. Thats what i was referring to. R11 is as weak as its been in a few years Top to Bottom.
Good luck to the Eagles and all the CCL Teams in the Post Season. I hope we show well but the Hawks and Stallions have a lot of work to do . Watterson the most well rounded of all the teams and have the best chance for a Regional Title. Go get it Eagles.

Watty, relax go back to the beginning of the thread i picked your Eagles to Win the CCL Week 1. Hartley got smashed by Westerville Central in preseason and WC has won like 2 games this year. DeSales struggled all of Preseason and frankly all year with their Offense.
i figured Watterson had the 2 best units combined coming into the Season and they do.
R11 is Wattersons for the taking. Biggest threat might be a rematch with Granville.
But thats when things get tight. Chardon and Hamilton Badin do have the defenses to duplicate DeSales defensive game plan and both are battle tested and tough. Thats what i was referring to. R11 is as weak as its been in a few years Top to Bottom.
Good luck to the Eagles and all the CCL Teams in the Post Season. I hope we show well but the Hawks and Stallions have a lot of work to do . Watterson the most well rounded of all the teams and have the best chance for a Regional Title. Go get it Eagles.
good note -- I agree

Does anyone here have a list of the DeSales ‘Hall of Fame’ they can send me that is updated? The DeSales website only lists 2014 through 2020. For that matter, when does SFD accept nominations to be considered for them?

Does anyone here have a list of the DeSales ‘Hall of Fame’ they can send me that is updated? The DeSales website only lists 2014 through 2020. For that matter, when does SFD accept nominations to be considered for them?
Coach Wiggins or Thom Synder at Pouring Purple can help you. They can be reached through their school email addresses. Hope that helps.

Thanks, a bunch!
Good Luck with your nomination. There are many very deserving people who need nominated.

One of my Family members got that honor and it was a very proud moment for our family.

If you can't get the information let me know i will reach out through one of the Stallion websites.

I am definitely rooting for Watty to haven a deep run this season. They are set up nicely in their region. Unfortunately DeSales can’t expect too much in the post season due to the fact they didn’t enroll in Coach/Professor Burchfield’s offseason Competitive Balance Roster Management course. D2 is a different monster.

Good Luck with your nomination. There are many very deserving people who need nominated.
Thank you! We're working on it now (it may take a few days or so.)
One of my Family members got that honor and it was a very proud moment for our family.
It's a greatly prestigious honor! I'm delighted to hear about the induction of your loved one and the amount of pride it brought to all who love him. I'm not related to the person I have in mind, but I love the man's family dearly and I know it would mean the world to them in seeing their dad recognized in the same company as many of the great ones who walked the halls and coached on Karl Road.
If you can't get the information let me know i will reach out through one of the Stallion websites.
I found their emails. Thanks, again!

Just ignoring Bellefontaine being better than they were last year who beat Watterson and Tri Valley, on the road