Open HS Jobs

Any word on what's going on at St. X? Are they narrowing it down? Has it been filled, just not made public yet? Seems like this one would have been an easy quick fill.

Heard that Jerome was down to one since everyone pulled their names out of the ring. Think it is an assistant with a couple years exp. Good luck to that dude with those parents and administrators... he'll need it. Congrats to my guy Dave Starling for heading up the Bradley program. They will do just fine in that league.

Any word on what's going on at St. X? Are they narrowing it down? Has it been filled, just not made public yet? Seems like this one would have been an easy quick fill.
They just named their coach today. The returning players and students got to meet him. Its Don DiGiacomo.

Last edited:
They just named their coach today. The returning players and students got to meet him. Its Don DiGiacomo.
It took HOW many weeks to come up with a guy who is already in the building and who they know incredibly well? The “exhaustive search”, as their own release described, put them well behind with fall workouts and the like. Doesn’t seem to make much sense.

It took HOW many weeks to come up with a guy who is already in the building and who they know incredibly well? The “exhaustive search”, as their own release described, put them well behind with fall workouts and the like. Doesn’t seem to make much sense.
Sorry. The phrasing they used was “extensive search”.

Sounds to me like X pushed very hard for the Badin Baseball Coach. When they couldn’t convince him to come to X they went with an obviously reliable,quality internal guy. Kind of surprised, thought they would go with a younger but also familiar face.

Sounds to me like X pushed very hard for the Badin Baseball Coach. When they couldn’t convince him to come to X they went with an obviously reliable,quality internal guy. Kind of surprised, thought they would go with a younger but
Sounds to me like X pushed very hard for the Badin Baseball Coach. When they couldn’t convince him to come to X they went with an obviously reliable,quality internal guy. Kind of surprised, thought they would go with a younger but also familiar face.
If that was the course of action, St X got a blessing in disguise by being told no. That doesn’t explain how it takes 7+ weeks to hire a guy who was in the building the whole time. If you approach a guy and he turns you down, maybe you make one more run at him, but when you take this long and it’s the last day of September before you make a hire, you’re losing ground to Elder, Moeller, Mason, etc., who are no doubt having fall workouts for those athletes not playing fall sports. That’s not the path that’s led St. X to three of the last five GCL South titles.

If that was the course of action, St X got a blessing in disguise by being told no. That doesn’t explain how it takes 7+ weeks to hire a guy who was in the building the whole time. If you approach a guy and he turns you down, maybe you make one more run at him, but when you take this long and it’s the last day of September before you make a hire, you’re losing ground to Elder, Moeller, Mason, etc., who are no doubt having fall workouts for those athletes not playing fall sports. That’s not the path that’s led St. X to three of the last five GCL South titles.
I don't think they made much of a push at the Badin coach. Most know that Moeller is the class of the GCL South and until you rack up some state titles or at least play for one you really haven't accomplished much. I agree!

You actually think St. X Baseball hasn’t been having any Fall Workouts? If they really haven’t I would consider that to be an Athletic Dept problem.

You actually think St. X Baseball hasn’t been having any Fall Workouts? If they really haven’t I would consider that to be an Athletic Dept problem.
Do you know that they have? I don’t know either way, but I don’t know who would have been running them if they were occurring at this point. I would agree it’s a problem if not.

Do you know that they have? I don’t know either way, but I don’t know who would have been running them if they were occurring at this point. I would agree it’s a problem if not.
If they have had someone in the building and not having Fall Baseball workouts the AD or Assistant AD should be Fired. That’s the ultimate disservice to the kids. I don’t believe the St. X Athletic Department is that incompetent.

If they have had someone in the building and not having Fall Baseball workouts the AD or Assistant AD should be Fired. That’s the ultimate disservice to the kids. I don’t believe the St. X Athletic Department is that incompetent.
I agree it’s a disservice to the kids if they haven’t been having fall workouts. But who would be leading those workouts? The former coach resigned almost two months ago. The current coach wasn’t on the previous staff, didn’t have the job until two days ago, and has been busy coaching a fall sport. So who would have been leading the workouts, especially with no direction from a head coach?

Sounds like St X is a cluster, but I guarantee you it isn't as big as the humpty dance they are doing at jerome! Let a hall of famer go two days before school for doing basically nothing, to still not have a coach hired. Shoot, I don't think there is anyone left that hasn't pulled their name out after they meet that administration. All that fall ball and 4 or 6 man's whatever it is now, missed. Shows you how much the country club thinks of it.

Sounds like St X is a cluster, but I guarantee you it isn't as big as the humpty dance they are doing at jerome! Let a hall of famer go two days before school for doing basically nothing, to still not have a coach hired. Shoot, I don't think there is anyone left that hasn't pulled their name out after they meet that administration. All that fall ball and 4 or 6 man's whatever it is now, missed. Shows you how much the country club thinks of it.
That sounds terrible. Are they going to hire one of Huey's asst coaches?

And the latest ICYMI, everyone pulled their name out apparently except for the one varsity assistant, Sealy. (sp?) Then they made him go through the final two rounds by himself with no competitors, one with players interviewing him and one with finally the principle. In the last one, they told him he wasnt their guy and opened it all back up agin! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, someone needs to hold them accountable for this entire whack job! Where do these dads get off thinking they run entire districts and its my way or else? Leave if you dont like it Jack... Absolutely obliterated a competitive strong program off the map. At least my YeOldTW team allowed Olsen to figure it out and get the right people in to help.

And the latest ICYMI, everyone pulled their name out apparently except for the one varsity assistant, Sealy. (sp?) Then they made him go through the final two rounds by himself with no competitors, one with players interviewing him and one with finally the principle. In the last one, they told him he wasnt their guy and opened it all back up agin! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, someone needs to hold them accountable for this entire whack job! Where do these dads get off thinking they run entire districts and its my way or else? Leave if you dont like it Jack... Absolutely obliterated a competitive strong program off the map. At least my YeOldTW team allowed Olsen to figure it out and get the right people in to help.
Is it a principal or parent issue? This wouldn’t be the first time for both.

why on gods earth are the players interviewing their own assistant coach that they already know, tf?

I know! It’s apparent that the kids and parents want to run that place. Fire coaches like they’re candy. Feel bad for the kids that want to play. Met Heuy at several umpire clinics, stand up guy, Shame what’s happening there.

I know! It’s apparent that the kids and parents want to run that place. Fire coaches like they’re candy. Feel bad for the kids that want to play. Met Heuy at several umpire clinics, stand up guy, Shame what’s happening there.
They did the same thing with the football coach. The whole community interviewing the candidates. Sad times

The guy X hired has been an assistant baseball coach for X off and on for years. In fact, one might say that he was the secret sauce for X when they were good. But he got out of it when they hired the guy that came from Fenwick. He then went on to help coach the swimming team. He knew nothing about swimming but learned. I have a lot more confidence in this guy than the last two but the key will be if he establishes a program like Moeller, Badin and Mason or does he just run a team?

Salem in Youngstown area is looking for a coach. They have a few good years in a row so I was surprised to hear their coach quit or was let go. I think it was the same guy from 2021 team that played Canfield twice and he was a younger coach.

No one here has heard if they hired anyone yet so i'm guessing they hired from within the staff.