First Set of Rankings for the 2022-23 Season

Well I’m guessing if he could make that weight he wouldn’t have went 141 at a super 32 qualifier. My point in the whole beginning was what does the wadsworth lineup look like and someone replied look at the rankings. I just know not all kids are ranked where they are going to go during the season because believe it or not they do grow.

Well I’m guessing if he could make that weight he wouldn’t have went 141 at a super 32 qualifier. My point in the whole beginning was what does the wadsworth lineup look like and someone replied look at the rankings. I just know not all kids are ranked where they are going to go during the season because believe it or not they do grow.

So why would an outsider have better knowledge than someone more familiar with the program? If you have inside knowledge then post what you think the lineup is going to be. Outsiders, such as myself, wouldn't have a better idea than Boro.

I'm pretty sure that is the exact basis for the first reply about using Boro's rankings.

Also I
So why would an outsider have better knowledge than someone more familiar with the program? If you have inside knowledge then post what you think the lineup is going to be. Outsiders, such as myself, wouldn't have a better idea than Boro.

I'm pretty sure that is the exact basis for the first reply about using Boro's rankings.
think it is all just a rough guess until season starts! I don’t think we will have an exact weight until alpha. In a couple months I’m sure we will all know exactly what weight everyone is going to go.

I'd probably call it more of an educated guess as I know Boro has contact with parents and/or coaches that will provide projected lineups. But yeah, we'll all know eventually. The thing that we won't know is weight loss charts from hydration testing.

Ohio kids registered for S32 by weight class. Generally speaking, the weight class kids go for S32 will be their in-season weight (or in some cases one below where they go in-season). S32 obviously uses NFHS weights, so there will be some differences in the upper-middle.

Only listing OHSAA kids for this purpose.

106: Dom Prosperi (Canton South), Xander Gfell-King (Edison), Tate Hisey (St. Mary's Memorial), Adam Gelman (Sycamore), Mason Rohr (Massillon Perry), Neal Krysty (Bishop Watterson), Colyn Limbert (Medina Buckeye), Ayden Dodd (Perrysburg), Jake Landis (St. Paris Graham)

113: Joseph Curry (Bishop Watterson), Trevor Wilcox (Otsego), Johnny Green (Aurora), Mason Taylor (West Holmes), Jacob Ohl (Ontario), Cole Evans (Perrysburg), Jaxson Rosselli (Olentangy Liberty), Kaiyon McKinney (Elyria)

120: Wyatt Hinton (Norwood), Marcus Blaze (Perrysburg), Kyle Jardine (Wadsworth), Max Hermes (Milan Edison)

126: Vinny D'Alessandro (Mayfield), Brennan Warwick (Massillon Perry), Ryan Avalos (Perrysburg), Austin McBurney (Massillon Perry), Joseph Sandefer (St. Edward), Dillon Campbell (Legacy Christian), Darian Davis (VASJ), Brogan Fielding (Jefferson)

132: Dylan Rhoads (Louisville), Cameron Plotts (Massillon Perry), Dakota King (Barnesville), Grayson Woodcock (Dublin Coffman), Kaden Mellon (Wadsworth), Omar Ayoub (Dublin Coffman), Jaxon Joy (Wadsworth), Holden Huhn (Cin. LaSalle), Brogan Tucker (St. Paris Graham)

138: David McClelland (Columbus DeSales), Jeremy Ginter (Toledo Whitmer), Wyatt Brock (Cin. LaSalle), Ashton Homan (Monroeville), Hunter Vogus (Monroeville)

145 (144): Eric Kabitsch (Cin. St. Xavier), Brayden Brown (Legacy Christian), Bryce Kohler (St. Paris Graham), Dominic Hoffarth (Louisville), Ian Cho (Dublin Jerome), Ty Wilson (Dublin Scioto), Wynton Denkins (Perrysburg), Brodie Dominique (Archbold)

152 (150): Tristin Greene (Keystone), Mitchell Younger (Bishop Watterson), Cohen Bunting (John Glenn), Jacob Keirn (Wadsworth)

160 (157/165): Gunner Cramblett (Graham), Austin Holman (Milford), Joey Blaze (Perrysburg), Josh Henderson (Hilliard Davidson), Luke Conway (Cin. St. Xavier), Hunter Andel (Gar. Garfield), Chris Earnest (Wadsworth), Andrew Supers (Medina), Ethan Birden (Dublin Coffman)

170 (165/175): Dylan Newsome (Bishop Hartley), Myles Takats (Perrysburg), Jonathan Wikette (Cin. St. Xavier)

182 (175/190): Abraham Duvall (Cin. St. Xavier), Max Ray (Tiffin Columbian), Wyatt Ferguson (Oak Hills)

195 (190): Andrew Liber (Toledo St. Francis), Camden McDanel (Teays Valley), Brady Quillian (Olentangy Liberty), Myles Johnson (Springboro), Carson Miller (Granville)

220 (215): Dylan Russo (Olentangy Liberty), Brenton Simmerman (Little Miami)

285: Connor Garren (Olentangy Orange), Aidan Fockler (Massillon Perry), Jeffrey Blair (Dayton CJ)

If I am missing kids, it's because of how the data dump is working out of the registration link.

Which was +3, like I said I will bet anyone on here any amount of money he not going 126
132 + 3 = 135.

My advice would be to sit back and watch as things take shape over the next few months. Pre-season rankings and rankings in general don't really matter all that much. Some kids will grow, some kids will cut weight, and teams will fill their lineups as needed. There are always many unknowns this time of year. Boro does a thankless job and he does it well, but it's an imperfect science at best. Preseason rankings are based on the best information available which includes recent results, as well a lot of opinions, hearsay, wishful thinking, misdirection, and agendas. Everything will sort itself out over the course of the long season. If you feel your kid is ranked too low, use it as motivation and prove everyone wrong.

Last edited:
132 + 3 = 135.

My advice would be to sit back and watch as things take shape over the next few months. Pre-season rankings and rankings in general don't really matter all that much. Some kids will grow, some kids will cut weight, and teams will fill their lineups as needed. There are always many unknowns this time of year. Boro does a thankless job and he does it well, but it's an imperfect science at best. Preseason rankings are based on the best information available which includes recent results, as well a lot of opinions, hearsay, wishful thinking, misdirection, and agendas. Everything will sort itself out over the course of the long season. If you feel your kid is ranked too low, use it as motivation and prove everyone wrong.
I agree with everything you said my whole point was some jumped my crap when I asked about wadsworth lineups they said see the rankings and I said the rankings aren’t always right on weights, and used this kid as an example. Had nothing to do with boro at all. Just was proving my point . Heck I just wanted a lineup .

I agree with everything you said my whole point was some jumped my crap when I asked about wadsworth lineups they said see the rankings and I said the rankings aren’t always right on weights, and used this kid as an example. Had nothing to do with boro at all. Just was proving my point . Heck I just wanted a lineup .
You say you got crap when you asked about wadsworth lineup, but what exactly are you looking for that you didn't get from the rankings? Your question about lineup was puzzling tbh. Borofan ranked 12 wrestlers. If you don't agree fine. What you got?

You single out one wrestler (out of about 300 ranked D1 wrestlers) Huhn from Lasalle, you saw at a tournament and think he is ranked wrong.

Last edited:
I simply asked a question about the lineup because not all kids will wrestle at the weight they are ranked, that’s not hard to understand. I used one kid as an example. Didn’t think this was hard to understand.

What happened to Graham's Beric Jordan, I do not see him in the rankings for this year. I thought last year he was just a sophomore.

I simply asked a question about the lineup because not all kids will wrestle at the weight they are ranked, that’s not hard to understand. I used one kid as an example. Didn’t think this was hard to understand.

Yeah, it is hard to understand for anyone that is not an insider with the program. We know that Boro likely has more insight than we do. Using one kid as an example is not a good way to prove a point about an educated guess. We all understand that not every kid will end up in the weight class where they are ranked right now. That still does not change the fact that 99% of the people on this board probably know less about Wadsworth's projected lineup than Boro does.

He didn't wrestle last year correct? Only have to sit out in a sport you participated in the previous year.
Even if he played football at Steubenville this year? I don’t really understand the transfer rules, so I usually keep everyone ranked until they are no longer eligible (in January).

Even if he played football at Steubenville this year? I don’t really understand the transfer rules, so I usually keep everyone ranked until they are no longer eligible (in January).
Lost Octopus is correct. If he did not wrestle last year, then he can wrestle a full season this year.

1) If you physically move your residence into the new school district, then you can play in the new school.
2) If you are attending a private school, you can transfer into the public school district where your residence is.

1) If you physically move your residence into the new school district, then you can play in the new school.
2) If you are attending a private school, you can transfer into the public school district where your residence is.
None of this matters in this case. A transfer exemption is only required for a sport that you participated in the previous 12 months.