Division I Football Poll - Week 5 (09/19/22)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

1 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati) (5-0) (287) [24]
2 Lakota West (West Chester) (5-0) (235) [2]
3 Springfield (Springfield) (4-0) (218) [4]
4 St Edward (Lakewood) (4-1) (174)
5 Fairfield (Fairfield) (5-0) (156)
6 Centerville (Centerville) (5-0) (154)
7 Elder (Cincinnati) (4-1) (94)
8 Dublin Jerome (Dublin) (5-0) (55)
9 St Ignatius (Cleveland) (3-1) (54)
10 St Xavier (Cincinnati) (2-3) (53)

Others - Cleveland Heights (Cleveland Heights) (5-0), Pickerington North (Pickerington) (4-1), Medina (Medina) (4-1), Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna) (4-1), Princeton (Cincinnati) (4-1)

Would the schools just below them even WIN a game with that schedule?

I'll do a Horseshack raise my hand and do a ooh,ooh,ooh

I don't care who the wins and losses were against, halfway through the season, you can't be ranked in the Top 10 with a 2-3 record.
Ask yourself this...Would you rather face St. X, or Cleveland Heights? Or Gahanna? Or Princeton? In just about any non top 10 matchup I could name, I'd rather face the "other" team than St. X. That's why they're in there. But I get the 2-3 argument.
Poll itself looks pretty good to me.

Springfield would manhandle X just like what we saw on ESPN.
Doubtful. Springfield Struggled to beat an average Wayne team. Springfield doesn't have as many dudes as Moeller and Lakota West have this season. Of course in the end it will come down to who is healthy.

You thought Moeller and Lakota West were going to roll StX and that didn't happen. No doubt Loyola had their way with StX but I would also say that Loyola team would be the #1 team in Ohio. Their QB was superior to anything I have seen in Ohio and their OL/DL is better than anything I seen in Ohio as well.

Doubtful. Springfield Struggled to beat an average Wayne team. Springfield doesn't have as many dudes as Moeller and Lakota West have this season. Of course in the end it will come down to who is healthy.

You thought Moeller and Lakota West were going to roll StX and that didn't happen. No doubt Loyola had their way with StX but I would also say that Loyola team would be the #1 team in Ohio. Their QB was superior to anything I have seen in Ohio and their OL/DL is better than anything I seen in Ohio as well.
By all accounts, Moeller didn't play their best game last week. That happens. Springfield did not struggle to beat Wayne. Who told you that? I don't think X could handle SHS's speed.

Lakota West vs Moeller

QB - slightly in favor of LW only because of experience, but the Moeller QB throws a better football
RB - Significant Edge Moeller
TE - Moeller
OL - Lakota West (more athletic)
DL - Lakota West
LB - Moeller (strength of their Defense)
DB - Significant Edge Lakota West
Special Teams - slight edge Moeller

By all accounts, Moeller didn't play their best game last week. That happens. Springfield did not struggle to beat Wayne. Who told you that? I don't think X could handle SHS's speed.
Moeller actually played pretty well. Not sure what they could of done better other than give the rock to #24 a little bit more. StX is a tough matchup. Everyone is judging them on the Loyola game and I don't think people understand how good that Loyola team is this season. StX lost their FS for the season so that is going to sting.

Moeller actually played pretty well. Not sure what they could of done better other than give the rock to #24 a little bit more. StX is a tough matchup. Everyone is judging them on the Loyola game and I don't think people understand how good that Loyola team is this season. StX lost their FS for the season so that is going to sting.
Springfield has better athletes than St X

Springfield has better athletes than St X
Not disagreeing but that doesn't equal a victory and it certainly doesn't equate to Springfield "Manhandling" StX as you stated in your previous post. Both Lakota West and Moeller have more athletes than Springfield and they barely got it done against StX. You can't underestimate the Bombers and what they bring to the table in regards to depth, coaching, scheme, and they also have a lot of good football players. But most importantly they are Battled Tested.

Not disagreeing but that doesn't equal a victory and it certainly doesn't equate to Springfield "Manhandling" StX as you stated in your previous post. Both Lakota West and Moeller have more athletes than Springfield and they barely got it done against StX. You can't underestimate the Bombers and what they bring to the table in regards to depth, coaching, scheme, and they also have a lot of good football players. But most importantly they are Battled Tested.
Coaching? Scheme? Depth? What are you smokin? GBM

I know about the power of the GCL South. But, I also know what I saw on ESPN. Plus, last week was a rivalry game too where you throw out the recordbooks. SHS-St X would not be a rivalry game. I don't think the St X defense could handle SHS's passing game.

Lakota West vs Moeller

QB - slightly in favor of LW only because of experience, but the Moeller QB throws a better football
RB - Significant Edge Moeller
TE - Moeller
OL - Lakota West (more athletic)
DL - Lakota West
LB - Moeller (strength of their Defense)
DB - Significant Edge Lakota West
Special Teams - slight edge Moeller
That LW OL got their @$$ kicked last time they played Moeller. That LW DL got owned the last time they played Moeller. That DB of LW was burned last time they played Moeller and to top thinks off, Moe's DBs are better this go around. Do your homework before you come on here and talk $h!+ GBM

That LW OL got their @$$ kicked last time they played Moeller. That LW DL got owned the last time they played Moeller. That DB of LW was burned last time they played Moeller and to top thinks off, Moe's DBs are better this go around. Do your homework before you come on here and talk $h!+ GBM
Sensitive

Ask yourself this...Would you rather face St. X, or Cleveland Heights? Or Gahanna? Or Princeton? In just about any non top 10 matchup I could name, I'd rather face the "other" team than St. X. That's why they're in there. But I get the 2-3 argument.
Poll itself looks pretty good to me.
Yep, it's a matter of "eye test" vs. record as means of ranking. Since this is an opinion poll, I understand why some would put St. X in the top 10. To me, I just can't rank a team that high with a record below 0.500. But I see the other side asking who I'd rather face.