St. Edward @ Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, doesn't that feel better than beating a ... say, Mansfield? Doesn't this better prepare your team to challenge for a state championship and give them more confidence than a 55-0 slaughter of an Akron public school? Congrats to the Tigers; you earned this one. Keep scheduling the tough games and it will pay off.
We have been scheduling games like this for years now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
St Ed’s, Moeller, Pick Central, Ignatius, East St Louis, Benedictine and on and on.
There are very few if any public schools that will schedule St Ed’s and Moeller in the first 5 games of the season.

Now, doesn't that feel better than beating a ... say, Mansfield? Doesn't this better prepare your team to challenge for a state championship and give them more confidence than a 55-0 slaughter of an Akron public school? Congrats to the Tigers; you earned this one. Keep scheduling the tough games and it will pay off.
🤫

Interesting point. With 2 timeouts I estimate we get the ball deep in our end w/ under a minute. I actually think I would have tried to get one more first down too. Tough decision. Can NOT fumble in that situation. I know we been there before too. Unbelievable.
I believe he fumbled even after (otherwise) attaining the yardage to gain for the first down that would’ve iced it. Kept fighting for more yards and got stripped, IIRC.

Feel for him and the St. Edward kicker, but really it can’t be pinned on either of them (nor should it.) It was one hell of a regular season game for both titans to ink up for, and it delivered. Credit to Massillon for their resilience and tenacity. I think what impressed me the most was how composed the Tigers were on that final drive — they probably did make some slight mistakes in light of the dwindling clock (really don’t know where the blame falls on that, players or coaches) but they didn’t panic or screw-up in a situation where a sack or stop before the sticks could’ve ended it (or, with a spike, one final play.)

I'm trying to understand the crack on Mansfield? There's a history between the two, and it wasn't long ago when TY nearly won State. Also lately, they're a threat to win their Region although I realize it's a crud Region. And as mentioned, Massillon has played the big boys.

Alright, off my soapbox. I have a reputation to maintain

So spotting teams 14 points is good now? lol

If you read the thread I commented back on my own post saying that things were turning around. Let’s not pretend that Massillon played some perfect game tonight. Imagine if we actually did 🤷🏼‍♂️
So when have you seen that team that young play a perfect game against a nationally and state ranked opponent? How about this since you think you got the answers to everything why don't you come out and coach?

I'm trying to understand the crack on Mansfield? There's a history between the two, and it wasn't long ago when TY nearly won State. Also lately, they're a threat to win their Region although I realize it's a crud Region. And as mentioned, Massillon has played the big boys.

Alright, off my soapbox. I have a reputation to maintain
FYI. That comment about Mansfield, was not from a Massillon fan. Yes, we do have a history with the Tygers.

I thought it was a great game. Massillon and St. Ed's proved the team that makes the least mistakes and fights to the end often wins. 3-4 missed FGs and turnovers doomed us. Particularly a fumble after the defense held on a huge series late in the game. Massillon stuck to what they did best and were rewarded for it. Feel for our kicker.

Last night was a perfect example of why I physically go to the games every week, and I drive from Columbus to do it. You just never know. You just never know when our Tigers are going to give you that absolute thriller that you will remember for a lifetime. To be in that stadium watching our Tiger and coaches give it their all. Watching the band, students section, fans, just the atmosphere in general of PBTS makes it worth every moment and mile I drive. No one else has that but us. Next week for Austintown I'm bringing a van full of ten people from Columbus to the game, most of which have never been to Massillon. Two of them are from Puerta Vallarta Mexico. I can't wait. GO TIGERS!

We've giveen love to Slaughter, we've given love to Toles, to Banks, to the front 7 on D and individually the linebackers....how about a little love to that O line who didn't play perfect but battled all night.
Great post JLP !!!
That OL before the season that a few people on here were saying they were horrible and couldn’t run block etc. They really haven’t had a bad game as a group in 5 games so far this year, considering the DL’s they have went up against in Moeller and St Ed’s. I know we are 1-1 in those 2 games but putting up 728 yards is a huge testament to that OL. 🐅🐅🐅

Didn’t get to take this one in live, but can’t wait to watch the replay. Reading the articles, and is it correct that Ed’s missed 4 FG’s and also blocked 3 Massillon XP’s? If so, that’s pretty wild. I said previously that Banks was going to be a problem for the Eagles young and undersized secondary. Looks like I was right. The Slaughter kid was impressive when he came in late in last years game, and sounds like he came with that same ice water in his veins to this game. Good luck to Massillon the rest of the year in a pretty loaded D2. Hopefully we can keep this series going (maybe a few in Lakewood please). As for my Eagles, they’ve been playing on the edge the past few weeks and were fortunate to keep winning. It wasn’t sustainable and this may be a turning point.

Status
Not open for further replies.