Are you a true West Sider??

Saw on Spacebook that a car was stolen while the owner was working out at Planet Fitness on Glenway. Saw a woman was carjacked at Home Depot over there. Anyone else hear anything?

The roof has leaked almost as long as it has been open. Didn’t see that on the list of improvements.
According to a comment on Facebook they will be fixing the roof.

I feel like that library has had more updates and renovations than any other. Maybe I'm wrong, but it reminds me of I-75... Always under construction and nothing really actually gets done.

Noticed today that they are starting to tear down the houses on Muddy Creek across from the Ameristop as part of the MSD storm water project.

Noticed today that they are starting to tear down the houses on Muddy Creek across from the Ameristop as part of the MSD storm water project.
MSD must be one of the biggest boondoggles in the history of this area. There’s no way Muddy Creek should have been closed this long. Heads should roll but there is zero accountability.

MSD must be one of the biggest boondoggles in the history of this area. There’s no way Muddy Creek should have been closed this long. Heads should roll but there is zero accountability.
All of muddy creek has been problem plagued for well 25+ years regarding sewage and wastewater. First they built the treatment plant (I guess that's what it's called) at Muddy Creek and Neeb. Then they built the way bigger one by the corner of Westbourne and Werk. Didn't they already tear some houses down? Now more homes. And I also believe lots of work was done on the part of Devil's Backbone from the one hairpin up towards Visi. All of this was for wastewater and sewage issues along the creek.

MSD must have been a terribly run organization decades ago. Raw sewage in people's homes is bad and raw sewage in creeks is bad. The houses torn down should have never been have been allowed to be built where they were in the first place. It's a shame, though, that we're all now left paying mistakes made long ago.

MSD must have been a terribly run organization decades ago. Raw sewage in people's homes is bad and raw sewage in creeks is bad. The houses torn down should have never been have been allowed to be built where they were in the first place. It's a shame, though, that we're all now left paying mistakes made long ago.
It's not any better now. Raw sewage is still spilling into homes and businesses during heavy rains.

Roads flood constantly because storm drains can't keep up. MSD allows new neighborhoods to be built all over and just allows all those homes to tap into existing sewer lines. Few of the sewers and storm drains can actually handle the volume they get, and that's all on MSD.

It's not any better now. Raw sewage is still spilling into homes and businesses during heavy rains.

Roads flood constantly because storm drains can't keep up. MSD allows new neighborhoods to be built all over and just allows all those homes to tap into existing sewer lines. Few of the sewers and storm drains can actually handle the volume they get, and that's all on MSD.
To piggy back on this, the biggest issue in the City is the fact that we still have combined sewer system. In almost every other area that i have worked in, there has been a separate storm system and sanitary system. All of the existing pipes, per regulations are sized to withstand a 10 year storm, so literally every larger storm event will cause surcharging in the combined sewers, which... well you can imagine. Its nothing new, but at the same time, they would need an entire overhaul of storm sewers to fix the problem.

Its nothing new, but at the same time, they would need an entire overhaul of storm sewers to fix the problem.
MSD is under a consent decree with the EPA to that.
In Cincinnati, local rivers and streams receive 11 billion gallons of combined sewer overflows (CSOs) each year, placing Cincinnati in the top five cities in the country for combined sewer overflows. Under the Clean Water Act, a Federal Court consent decree was approved in 2010 requiring the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati (MSDGC) to reduce combined sewer outflows by 1.78 billion gallons each year.

The new Hampton Inn on Harrison looks like it is ready to open. I checked their website. Oct. 19 is the first date you can book a room. I’m wondering how they will be able to hire an entire staff of low wage service workers in this job market. Especially with Sonic and Dunkin Donuts opening soon.

Anyone notice the mess next to the Boys and Girls Club on Glenway? They demo'd the old mansion and now have tons of soil to remove, not to mention the deep pit they dug to remediate the EPA issues at the old gas station/detail shop in the Southwest corner. They were offered the old Sears building a block away for practically nothing and they could have been doing the asbestos abatement and simple remodeling in that building already and done in just a few months.

Stupid

Last edited:
The new Hampton Inn on Harrison looks like it is ready to open. I checked their website. Oct. 19 is the first date you can book a room. I’m wondering how they will be able to hire an entire staff of low wage service workers in this job market. Especially with Sonic and Dunkin Donuts opening soon.

Who actually stays in these hotels on Harrison?

Who actually stays in these hotels on Harrison?
I wonder about that and the hotels popping up everywhere. Florence has hotels popping up all over.

Business travel is all but dead, and I don't see it ever getting back to where it once was.

Im guessing these are money laundering operations for crime syndicates just like all the carwashes and self storage places being built everywhere.

I wonder about that and the hotels popping up everywhere. Florence has hotels popping up all over.

Business travel is all but dead, and I don't see it ever getting back to where it once was.

Im guessing these are money laundering operations for crime syndicates just like all the carwashes and self storage places being built everywhere.
There are still plenty of nuts and bolts businesses that need hands on services. I have several friends who are in IT hardware or industrial hardware that do installation and trouble shooting and cannot do it virtually.

There are still plenty of nuts and bolts businesses that need hands on services. I have several friends who are in IT hardware or industrial hardware that do installation and trouble shooting and cannot do it virtually.
Road crews and utility companies rent rooms for crews that travel.

I have tried to rent a room at the Holiday Inn on Rybolt and found it booked up. The parking lot is usually pretty full. It is not a front. 🙄 Does the IRS really believe most hotel rooms are rented with cash? 😂

Anyone notice the mess next to the Boys and Girls Club on Glenway? They demo'd the old mansion and now have tons of soil to remove, not to mention the deep pit they dug to remediate the EPA issues at the old gas station/detail shop in the Southwest corner. They were offered the old Sears building a block away for practically nothing and they could have been doing the asbestos abatement and simple remodeling in that building all ready and done in just a few months.

Stupid
Maybe someone could talk to Pete Witte about the decisions that were made. The Sears location does not seem to be a convenient location for Pete, since his Barron's Engraving shop is right across the street for the Boys/Girls Club and the demo'd site.

I have tried to rent a room at the Holiday Inn on Rybolt and found it booked up. The parking lot is usually pretty full. It is not a front. 🙄 Does the IRS really believe most hotel rooms are rented with cash? 😂
That's where I stay when I visit, and it's always packed. Hotel rooms rented for cash are usually rented by the hour. Entirely different problem.

Good news! We have a new bakery in Price Hill! The family that owns Veracruz Mexican Restaurant has opened their bakery and butcher shop. I was in there today and was impressed with the large variety of pastries baked on site.

I understand that one of the owners are usually there, but, when I stopped in they had just stepped out and struggled with my marginal Spanish to make a purchase. I am glad I did as it tasted fantastic.

Give them some support. They have become great neighbors.

Good news! We have a new bakery in Price Hill! The family that owns Veracruz Mexican Restaurant has opened their bakery and butcher shop. I was in there today and was impressed with the large variety of pastries baked on site.

I understand that one of the owners are usually there, but, when I stopped in they had just stepped out and struggled with my marginal Spanish to make a purchase. I am glad I did as it tasted fantastic.

Is it where the restaurant is or a completely different location?

Where is it?