IVC 2022

I agree with most of this but to try to cut on tcc schedule a year after they played 8 playoff teams 3 division 5’s and wheeling who lost in WV state final 4 I just feel like Casey got alittle smarter after having a good team last year with a ridiculous schedule. 16 teams make it you play 5-6 bad teams and win you’re in sadly
It's not like TCC chose that schedule last year. They played Edison (7-4) only because their game against 0-9 Grove City got cancelled. Then they got stuck with Garaway and Sandy Valley in crossover games. The only team they actually scheduled that was good was the Wheeling team. But yeah, last year's schedule was certainly much tougher than this year's schedule. This year's schedule is ridiculously bad.

Thoughts from last night:

Garaway with the huge win and they have been dominant the last two weeks. Are they true state title contenders?
Props to Ridgewood for playing West Branch last night. Took a beating but they are probably the best team Wood will see all year.
Indian Valley dominated Cambridge, their tough early season schedule paying dividends.
Congratulations Claymont! Looking ahead, the Stangs could get to 3 wins.
Malvern is 4-0 now but we still know nothing about them. We'll find our Friday night in West Lafayette if 4-0 is a product of their schedule or not.
Happy for Newcomerstown. This week will be rough but 5-6 wins looks attainable for them this year.
Congrats to East Canton for getting a W. Their first 3 opponents are a combined 10-1 so maybe they are better than weeks 1-3 showed.
Buckeye Trail is 0-4 but their opponents are a combined 15-1. WOW! The rest of the games seem winnable even though they are 0-4.
Tusky and Strasburg are staring down winless seasons. Sad. Both have at most 2 games left they can compete in.

Thoughts from last night:

Garaway with the huge win and they have been dominant the last two weeks. Are they true state title contenders?
Props to Ridgewood for playing West Branch last night. Took a beating but they are probably the best team Wood will see all year.
Indian Valley dominated Cambridge, their tough early season schedule paying dividends.
Congratulations Claymont! Looking ahead, the Stangs could get to 3 wins.
Malvern is 4-0 now but we still know nothing about them. We'll find our Friday night in West Lafayette if 4-0 is a product of their schedule or not.
Happy for Newcomerstown. This week will be rough but 5-6 wins looks attainable for them this year.
Congrats to East Canton for getting a W. Their first 3 opponents are a combined 10-1 so maybe they are better than weeks 1-3 showed.
Buckeye Trail is 0-4 but their opponents are a combined 15-1. WOW! The rest of the games seem winnable even though they are 0-4.
Tusky and Strasburg are staring down winless seasons. Sad. Both have at most 2 games left they can compete in.
How was Carrollton or is garaway just that good?

Claymont with a win! Saw all their coaches without a headset but had coaches in the box ???
Must've forgotten to pack the headsets, or else they weren't working. My school had a pair of headsets that wouldn't sync up in the state title game at OSU a few years ago. 1 of the coaches in the box and 1 on the field communicated via cell phones.

Buckeye Trail might be the best 0-4 team in D6. Their 1st 4 opponents are a combined 15-1 after 4 games apiece.

Must've forgotten to pack the headsets, or else they weren't working. My school had a pair of headsets that wouldn't sync up in the state title game at OSU a few years ago. 1 of the coaches in the box and 1 on the field communicated via cell phones.

Buckeye Trail might be the best 0-4 team in D6. Their 1st 4 opponents are a combined 15-1 after 4 games apiece.
Interesting their opponents are 15-1 so far and yet their schedule was ranked 83rd out of 106 teams in DVI going into the week by the Fantastic 50 site. Wonder what it'll be next week.

Garaway 35 - Carrollton 0
Indian Valley 38 - Cambridge 7
Claymont 14 - Marietta 0
Sandy Valley 43 Minerva 13
West Branch 38 - Ridgewood 14

Newcomerstown 24 - Sciotoville East 22
Conotton Valley 50 - Strasburg 22
East Canton 35 - St. Thomas 0
Shenandoah 36 - Buckeye Trail 20
Montpelier 40 - TCC 19

IVC goes 6-4 in non league play in week 4.
IVC ends non conference schedule 20-26 overall.

Now we get a week of IVC crossover blowouts :(

Garaway 35 - Carrollton 0
Indian Valley 38 - Cambridge 7
Claymont 14 - Marietta 0
Sandy Valley 43 Minerva 13
West Branch 38 - Ridgewood 14

Newcomerstown 24 - Sciotoville East 22
Conotton Valley 50 - Strasburg 22
East Canton 35 - St. Thomas 0
Shenandoah 36 - Buckeye Trail 20
Montpelier 40 - TCC 19

IVC goes 6-4 in non league play in week 4.
IVC ends non conference schedule 20-26 overall.

Now we get a week of IVC crossover blowouts :(
Trail probably beats claymont but that’s about it 😂 I’d say tcc and tusky won’t be too bad. Idk who else plays besides malvern and ridge wood

Trail probably beats claymont but that’s about it 😂 I’d say tcc and tusky won’t be too bad. Idk who else plays besides malvern and ridge wood
Ridgewood vs. Malvern
Garaway vs. Strasbrug
Sandy Valley vs. East Canton
Indian Valley Newcomerstown
Claymont vs. Buckeye Trail
Tusky Valley vs. TCC

Ridgewood vs. Malvern
Garaway vs. Strasbrug
Sandy Valley vs. East Canton
Indian Valley Newcomerstown
Claymont vs. Buckeye Trail
Tusky Valley vs. TCC
So my early guesses would be...

Ridgewood 42 - Malvern 13
Garaway 56 - Strasburg 0 (only because Garaway pulls starters super, super early)
Sandy Valley 35 - East Canton 12
Indian Valley 56 - Newcomerstown 13
Buckeye Trail 21 - Claymont 20
Tusky Valley 35 - TCC 20

Agreed, need to mutually agree to cancel like Wood/Strasburg did last year. This game does absolutely no one any good.
Why did the IVC ever schedule this game? Everybody knew that Strasburg was just trying to field a team and Garaway is a team hoping to compete for a state title. What a ridiculous matchup.

I think the IVC needs new leadership.
Why did the IVC ever schedule this game? Everybody knew that Strasburg was just trying to field a team and Garaway is a team hoping to compete for a state title. What a ridiculous matchup.
Why would this game even been scheduled. Where is the leadership in this conference. Somebody should take charge here, and never let this happen again.

I just read that Carrollton came into the Garaway game with almost 900 yards rushing in the first 3 games. The Pirates defense held them to 135 total yards of offense….I don’t think anyone in the IVC will have over a 100 yards rushing on them. The Pirates D-Line is fast and strong. They will load the box on the run and force teams to throw if they want to move the ball.

There’s no way Strasburg wants to play this game either. Garaway might want to for some rest and younger reps.
Believe me Garaway doesn’t want to play this game. They gain much more taking the week off, practicing an extra day, and going against their 2nd and 3rd string kids that actually make their starters better. Mutually cancel, nobody has to forfeit, takes Ways divisor down by 10 in Harbins but absolutely does nothing to hurt their playoff standing, May even help it. Avoids a spectacle nobody wants to see.

Believe me Garaway doesn’t want to play this game. They gain much more taking the week off, practicing an extra day, and going against their 2nd and 3rd string kids that actually make their starters better. Mutually cancel, nobody has to forfeit, takes Ways divisor down by 10 in Harbins but absolutely does nothing to hurt their playoff standing, May even help it. Avoids a spectacle nobody wants to see.
May even be able to pickup someone else tomorrow. Do we think there’s any chance of this or just yappi talk?

I don't really think the commissioner is the person to blame here as much as it is the ADs wanting the crossovers so they don't have to schedule week 5.

It would make much more sense to have Strasburg play Tusky Valley but at some point somebody is going to have to play Indian Valley, Ridgewood and Garaway as long as you have the crossovers

Week 4 was so much better without crossovers than it was when we had them so I wish they would just get rid of them for week 5 as well but that's something the ADs would need to want to do

I don't really think the commissioner is the person to blame here as much as it is the ADs wanting the crossovers so they don't have to schedule week 5.

It would make much more sense to have Strasburg play Tusky Valley but at some point somebody is going to have to play Indian Valley, Ridgewood and Garaway as long as you have the crossovers

Week 4 was so much better without crossovers than it was when we had them so I wish they would just get rid of them for week 5 as well but that's something the ADs would need to want to do
Yes. Those types of league decisions are made by whomever in the league has voting privileges (could be the principal, AD, superintendent, or some combination of those administrators).

Most HS league commissioners' main duty is to assign officials for contests involving member schools. I know someone who currently serves as a league commissioner. He attends the league meetings, but he doesn't set league policy. The principals are the ones with voting power in that particular league.