2. Coventry
3. Niles
4. Northwest
5. Woodridge
6. East Liverpool
7. Girard
8. Hubbard

Struthers is at #12
You get 6 points for defeating a D2 school, 5.5 points for defeating a D3 etc. The "rankings" are based on the scoring system, not based on an opinion on who is best.

You get 6 points for defeating a D2 school, 5.5 points for defeating a D3 etc. The "rankings" are based on the scoring system, not based on an opinion on who is best.
Point differential is not even a factor, or considered. Meaning the score of the game

Only one week in. Joe’s rankings are meaningless until a few weeks into the season. lol
So are buckeyes...
Joe goes by numbers and Buckeye goes by his own personal opinion. It's your choice on which one you actually want to believe in, it really doesn't matter to me either way, whatever makes you happy and puts a smile on your face is alright with me.

Last edited:
Nobody knows until they play the games. The jury is out on most of the teams in this region. Points and personal opinions mean nothing currently.

So are buckeyes...
Joe goes by numbers and Buckeye goes by his own personal opinion. It's your choice on which one you actually want to believe in, it really doesn't matter to me either way, whatever makes you happy and puts a smile on your face is alright with me.

Early on, go with opinions.
Later on, always go with the numbers.

Your way off according to Joe Either:
1. Lutheran East
2. Coventry
3. Niles
4. Northwest
5. Woodridge
6. East Liverpool
7. Girard
8. Hubbard

Struthers is at #12
Just my personal power ranking it’ll probably look way different when I post next week lol

Well I’d say after this week, there were already some rude awakenings. Any reassessment of your personal top 16 this week. Still some questions about some favorites.

After week 2 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Branch (+2)
2-Girard (+2)
3-Canal Fulton Northwest (+6)
4-Hubbard (-2)
5-Salem (+3)
6-Poland Seminary
7-Streetsboro (+5)
8-Mentor Lake Catholic (-7)
9-Woodridge (+1)
10-Coventry (+6)
11-Canton South (+2)
12-Jefferson Area (+5)
13-Niles McKinley (-8)
14-Ravenna (+1)
15-Buchtel (-4)
16-Struthers (-9)
17-Field (+3)
18-Ashtabula Edgewood (+4)
19-Beaver Local
20-Lutheran East (+1)
21-East Liverpool (-3)
22-Youngstown East (-8)
23-Akron Springfield (+2)
24-Minerva
25-Warrensville Hts (-2)
26-Orange

Last edited:
After week 3 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Branch
2-Hubbard (+2)
3-Salem (+2)
4-Girard (-2)
5-Poland Seminary (+1)
6-Streetsboro (+1)
7-Lake Catholic (+1)
8-Canal Fulton Northwest (-5)
9-Canton South (+2)
10-Jefferson Area (+2)
11-Coventry (-1)
12-Ravenna (+2)
13-Niles McKinley
14-Woodridge (-5)
15-Buchtel
16-Struthers (+1)
17-Beaver Local (+2)
18-Field (-1)
19-East Liverpool (+2)
20-Ashtabula Edgewood (-2)
21-Lutheran East (-1)
22-Youngstown East
23-Warrensville Hts (+2)
24-Minerva
25-Akron Springfield (-2)
26-Orange

After week 6 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Branch
2-Girard
3-Poland Seminary (+1)
4-Salem (-1)
5-Jefferson Area (+5)
6-Lake Catholic (-1)
7-Hubbard (-1)
8-Canton South (+3)
9-Woodridge (-1)
10-Buchtel (-1)
11-Canal Fulton Northwest (+1)
12-Streetsboro (-5)
13-Beaver Local
14-Coventry
15-Struthers (+1)
16-Field (+3)
17-Ravenna (-2)
18-Niles McKinley (-1)
19-Ashtabula Edgewood (-1)
20-Lutheran East
21-East Liverpool
22-Youngstown East
23-Warrensville Hts
24-Minerva
25-Akron Springfield
26-Orange

I'll take the time to give some thoughts this week into ny rankings. I follow this region closely as I am a Field alumnus and my grandkids go to West Branch.

West Branch has another easy week (although Marlington is better than their record). Weeks 8-10 will be a good barometer on how good the Warriors are.

Girard has regional foe Poland. I look for a very close game that could go either way.

Salem has Minerva. Nuf said.

Jefferson Area is at Struthers and should pick up a close win.

Lake Catholic needs a win at a tough Canton Central Catholic. They have Walsh and VASJ coming up and end the season with NDCL in what will be a must win. If they get into the playoffs they will be a very low seed but will be a tough out for whomever they play.

Canton South has a very tough Fairless team that I figure a toss up.

Streetsboro @ Field should be a good game. The Rockets are the favorites but Field is good. It should be close. I will probably go check this one out.

Edgewood has a tough schedule to close out the season. They will have to pick up a win somewhere to help their playoff chances.

I have seen Cloverleaf and they are tough. Woodridge is the underdog in this one.

Buchtel should get into the playoffs at 5-5. A win over Akron East next week should cement a 13-16 seed (IMO) and maybe a little higher.

Northwest has an uphill battle vs CVCA this week.

Last edited:
After week 6 w/ changes from last week. This is a week to week power ranking, not a projected Harbin pts list.
1-West Branch
2-Girard
3-Poland Seminary (+1)
4-Salem (-1)
5-Jefferson Area (+5)
6-Lake Catholic (-1)
7-Hubbard (-1)
8-Canton South (+3)
9-Woodridge (-1)
10-Buchtel (-1)
11-Canal Fulton Northwest (+1)
12-Streetsboro (-5)
13-Beaver Local
14-Coventry
15-Struthers (+1)
16-Field (+3)
17-Ravenna (-2)
18-Niles McKinley (-1)
19-Ashtabula Edgewood (-1)
20-Lutheran East
21-East Liverpool
22-Youngstown East
23-Warrensville Hts
24-Minerva
25-Akron Springfield
26-Orange
Without their starting QB Girard will struggle. Being in a very, very soft region helps though.

He is and can throw. Believe me, I know him and have coached him. It is just going to be tough to insert him in the middle of a season.
Remember I think Bengala got inserted to QB during the middle of the year, last year when Valley went down injured. Bengala did very well last year

He is and can throw. Believe me, I know him and have coached him. It is just going to be tough to insert him in the middle of a season.
I would think they woulda have gotten him some reps at practice, not sure exactly but normally they would

However you spin it, region 13 is the weakest D4 region. But, one of those teams will be in the final four.
Curious to what Region they would play in the semi. I know Region 16 would be out, just because of geography. But it could be 14 or 15. Also Region 15 doesn't look that good either, besides Steubenville.

Last edited:
West Branch definitely widening the gap as the clear cut favorite in this region. But with a bunch of average teams after that just beating each other, who in the heck would be the next best couple teams. Throw about 15 teams in a hat, and pick one out maybe. Who ya got here, at this point now? Lol

I really like looking at his site. It has a lot of great data to see projections and so forth. The only problem there is no
eye test, personal, or accounting for injuries, and things like that. Actually not a problem, I was just pointing out that those type of things could sway the projections. Impossible to have all that though

Last edited: