IVC 2022

If tonight is/was any indication, It will be a LONG season for my CARDS!!!! Dropped a 21-7 decision to the Mustangs of Tuslaw in one half of play.... 4 turnovers.. Personally, i was a lil shocked at how much they dropped off from last season.... The OL is slow & can't/won't stay on a block... The QB still has trouble getting the ball to receivers if/when they can get open... The D has problems wrapping up, too many try hitting high only to be pushed back... Fundamentals need worked on BIG time from now til Thursdays opener.... On a positive note, they have a DE who was somewhat impressive tonight... Hard for me to fathom the thought that they ONLY have TWO Seniors on the team, that's unacceptable.... Looking forward to see if they improve come Thursday evening, Fairless is MUCH better than Tuslaw.... Thankfully, tonight was just a scrimmage.. All of the above is: IMO.... GO CARDS!!!! Malvern & Coshocton played scoreless ball for one half of play......

Saw Coshocton at Malvern. They we’re 0-0 for one half. Malvern had a TD dropped, interception and a missed FG all inside the 20. Coshocton only passed the 50 one time

Does anyone know if Strasburg was able to get there numbers up to be able to field a team? Then I see there crossover game is Garaway. Poor tigers

Week One IVC predictions

Garaway 20 Bellaire 6 -The Pirates are the team this year. Seems like the offense has struggled in scrimmages but the D will carry them early.
Rigewood 24 Cohcocton 6 - This is the type of team Slusser gets the most out of. They won't compete for the IVC but will be better than expected.
Indian Valley 34 Beaver Local 20 - Another fun game similar to last year's matchup but the Braves will be just a bit better.
Harrison Central 35 Claymont 6 - Until the Mustangs prove it on the field, I expect them to struggle
Fairless 14 Sandy Valley 0 - Read SV has only two seniors. No Blair, no Petro. Where will the offense come from?
Waynedale 34 Tusky Valley 6 - Was told TV will be improved but I'm not sure improved will equal competitive this year.

Just keep working hard buddy and don’t pay attention to what anyone is saying on this site or social media.
Just to be clear, I'm rooting for Claymont, Tusky and Sandy Valley but I also have to go by what those programs have shown on the field over time when making my guesses as to what will happen. Hopefully I am wrong. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

BTW, did all the IVC fans leave Yappi? Where did everyone go? Is nobody interested in HS football anymore?

Just to be clear, I'm rooting for Claymont, Tusky and Sandy Valley but I also have to go by what those programs have shown on the field over time when making my guesses as to what will happen. Hopefully I am wrong. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

BTW, did all the IVC fans leave Yappi? Where did everyone go? Is nobody interested in HS football anymore?
Honestly, my comment was not directed towards you. I hadn’t read what Claymontfan was responding to.
You are fully within your rights to post criticism of HS football teams on a HS football forum.
My comment to this new, I’m guessing young poster, is, that if he is involved or on the team, to focus on himself and his teammates, not what us old guys are saying on a message board ?.
No offense toward you intended.

l felt the same. This forum used to have a lot of interesting banter.

Rough start for the IVC last night. Both SV and Newcs got blown out. Hopefully the league will represent itself better tonight.

Sandy valleys starting qb was injured in the last scrimmage and was out last night as well as the back up qb..a third string freshman started last night.

Sandy valleys starting qb was injured in the last scrimmage and was out last night as well as the back up qb..a third string freshman started last night.
SV Soph backup DID start last night, he was pulled in favor of the Frosh..... Wouldn't have mattered if the starter was able to go.... SV will struggle mightily this season.... IMO.... GO CARDS!!!!

SV Soph backup DID start last night, he was pulled in favor of the Frosh..... Wouldn't have mattered if the starter was able to go.... SV will struggle mightily this season.... IMO.... GO CARDS!!!!
It's one game and maybe Fairless is pretty good but if losing one kid affected the team that much then the team isn't very good.

I agree, it looks like it might be a long year in Cardinal land. A few years ago it looked like Sandy might be able to join RW, IV and Garaway. Instead, they seem to be trending towards TV and Claymont.

Yep both sides of the league unfortunately look really top heavy again. Newcomerstown seems like a lost cause at this point. Truthfully SV just reverting to the historical norm for them. Wish more programs on both sides could get it figured out.

Not hating at all just stating the fact that the gap between them and the big 3 is pretty large again and appears to be moving in the wrong direction.

Week One Finals

Indian Valley 41 - Beaver Local 20
Ridgewood 42 - Coshocton 14
Waynedale 21 - Tusky Valley 20
Harrison Central 36 - Claymont 18
Fairless 31 - Sandy Valley 0

Malvern 31 - East Palestine 14
Shenandoah 48 - Newcomerstown 8
Dalton 42 - East Canton 7
Rittman 24 - Strasburg 6
TCC 63 - Fisher Catholic 14

Good luck to Garaway and Buckeye Trail today.

After watching Newcomerstown I sadly do not see them winning a game this season.
Little size, less speed, and really low numbers.
I hope I am wrong.

After watching Newcomerstown I sadly do not see them winning a game this season.
Little size, less speed, and really low numbers.
I hope I am wrong.
I feel like there are 4-5 IVC schools this year who may only have a chance to win against other struggling IVC schools. Newcs vs. Strasburg is an example. Someone has to win right?

I just watched Garaway.
My thoughts are this. Their QB at least today looked to have as good as football IQ as I have watched in a Lind time. His decision making was nearly flawless
Their defense is hard nose and will give teams fits. I can see them winning nine or ten games in the regular season.

I just watched Garaway.
My thoughts are this. Their QB at least today looked to have as good as football IQ as I have watched in a Lind time. His decision making was nearly flawless
Their defense is hard nose and will give teams fits. I can see them winning nine or ten games in the regular season.
He’s the great value version of a kid that graduate last year for Wood ??‍♂️. Good player though!

Any word on the Wallick kid? What exactly happened? Word on Ethan Miller, hopefully nothing serious that’s a bummer! God speed!

Any word on the Wallick kid? What exactly happened? Word on Ethan Miller, hopefully nothing serious that’s a bummer! God speed!
Bellaire stopped Wallick on 4th & goal from the 1 with about 8 minutes left in the game. After the play, as they were unpiling it looked like he was was upset that he was ruled down instead of in for the TD. When he popped up it looked like he may have been questioning the official and another official near by threw a flag. Then as his teammates were walking him away from the pile he took off his helmet and another official threw a second flag. Unfortuante situation.

Is he suspended
I'm not sure of the exact rules now but 3-4 years ago a kid from Tusky Valley was ejected in a similar situation and he was indeed suspended for the next game so unless that rule has changed he may be.

Hopefully not but if he is Garaway will be fine vs. Waynedale. That game will be a mismatch.