2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The News Herald info is behind a paywall, any chance for a copy and paste here?
QB: Lucas Kaltenbach, So., 6-3, 205
RB: Luke Reed, Jr., 5-10, 175
Z/TE: Kareem Jennings*, Jr., 6-4, 240
WR: Erik Cloud, Jr, 5-9, 170
WR: Jace Ellis, Sr., 5-11, 160
WR: JJ Baldwin, So., 5-11, 152
LT: Anthony Illiano*, Sr., 6-4, 260
LG: Patrick Morse*, Sr., 6-1, 250
C: Brian Underwood*, Sr, 6-0, 290
RG: Eddie Dinwiddie*, Jr, 6-3, 255
R: DiVontae James*, Jr, 6-0, 240
K: James Cole, Sr, 5-10, 170

DEFENSE
DE: Kareem Jennings*, Jr., 6-4, 240
DT: Anthony Illiano*, Sr., 6-4, 260
DT: DiVontae James*, Jr, 6-0, 240
DE: Calvin Gore, Sr., 6-1, 210
LB: AJ Slemc, Sr., 5-11, 200
LB: Ryan Konyecsni*, Sr., 5-11, 200
LB: Kenmari Hayes, Sr., 6-1, 200
CB: Sharmar Darling, Jr., 6-0, 168
CB: Christopher Maloney, So., 5-9, 170
SS: Robert Wesley, Jr., 6-1, 185
FS: Antonio Hobbs, So., 5-8, 150
P: Aaron Green Jr., Sr., 6-3, 230
* = Returning starters

Took some liberty to fix a couple mistakes I noticed
DiVontae’s name was spelled differently on offense and defense
Chris Maloney was listed as a junior
Removing Lucas and Cloud as returning starters
DiVontae and Eddie were listed as RG and RT, respectively

Last edited:
7EA572BC-A4B8-4A0F-AC6E-268F233212F0.jpeg

Week 1 betting lines

I posted the same thing last year, but the quality of your Special Teams is a direct reflection of coaching. Tonight was one of the worst Special Teams performances I’ve ever seen - kickoff returned for TD, blocked punt, and had to start going for 2 after missing first 2 XPs.

Embarrassing loss to a school Benedictine should never lose to.

Side note - Walsh may have the worst uniform / helmet combo in the state. Most CYO teams look better

I posted the same thing last year, but the quality of your Special Teams is a direct reflection of coaching. Tonight was one of the worst Special Teams performances I’ve ever seen - kickoff returned for TD, blocked punt, and had to start going for 2 after missing first 2 XPs.

Side note - Walsh may have the worst uniform / helmet combo in the state. Most CYO teams look better

"A team Benedictine should never lose to"

Walsh has an overall winning record over the Bengals all-time.

Acting like WJ is Akron North.

This post reeks of Homerism.

I expect better from the Bene faithful.

first things first- let’s not overreact too much, WJ is a quality opponent, it was a great game and BOTH teams are capable of doing plenty of good this season

However…. i said it earlier and was killed for it but the general theme among other opponents/ staffs is that this is a team with flaws that are highlighted by a coaching staff that does a heck of a lot more yelling/cheerleading than it does teach and correct. And I just think with this schedule that’s going to be become something we see more of on a weekly basis. Just my opinion

So much for win with class, lose with class.

Walsh is a quality opponent and the Benedictine/Walsh games have historically been good ones.

Special Teams, Special Teams!!! No kicking game at all, no blocking for punter or kicker, punts of 20 yards are not going to get it done, opponents start drives near 40 yard line or better (even kick returns for TD)!!!

Just a couple observations: offense too one sided (kid has a good arm but how about setting up the passes); with the speed of this team what happened to an outside running game; Play calling in overtime without a plan of attack; did coaches scout at all? No plan to stop a very good running QB (seemed surprise) How about a spy? Hot dog play after a reception cost them big time (Muny League BS not BHS). Very disappointed in the overall demeanor of this team—more trash talking then necessary, seemed to be very little corrections made by coaching staff. Guess they condone such actions. How many guys do you need on the sidelines? Seemed to add to the general look of confusion, chaos, and confusion displayed on the field. Not having a running back on the field in OT and a QB that was surprised to be going out on the fields just screams no preparation by coaches, especially the head coach. This is something that should be worked on at practice. Did they ever run their OT offense? If yes, they sure need more work. Delay of game penalty in OT demonstrates lack of preparation. Did OC or Head Coach ever explain OT rules to the offense, just in case it ever happened?

Yes, they played hard, almost won, and could have won with any kind of special team play but the last play of the game summarized the entire game. Get a kicker and punter and maybe work on special teams. If you say they do work on special teams—change what they are doing—it’s not working. Finally, when a coaching staff is disciplined the team will follow. My two cents.

Tell me where I am wrong Fr. Willie. Not usually this negative but this team needs to have a structure and I am afraid this staff will continue to let uncontrolled emotion continue. As I watched Walsh players and compared to ours what a difference. One last example, play run on the Walsh sidelines, Bennie runner run out of bounds five Bengals running to side line looking to start something is not a good look and don’t say that is teammates supporting teammates. Nothing happened to cause such an action. Ref ultimately walked one of our players to the sideline because he could not keep his mouth shut. Once again, not a BHS attitude. Willie you worked with Coach, what would he say?

Last edited:

Get used to losing to Walsh. Nick Alexander has done an incredible job with Walsh football program. The best is yet to come. The freshman class is loaded (see the freshman score)…with lots of talented sophomores and juniors.

He will be. And why does Benedictine have so many people walking around on the sidelines ? They are not organized . Same story , different season. They’ll go 3-7 if lucky. Last time Benedictine did not have a Punter or Kicker? YIKES !
I Can GUARANTEE that there is NO ONE named Anthony Jakubowski a Benny in71

Status
Not open for further replies.