Division 4 Region 13

Poland loses their top 11 tacklers that’s a ton. Barringer should help on both sides, Fulton was huge in the run game last year, not sure they have a dedo type receiver this year either

I think this league may be won by girard as crazy as that may sound to some

I don’t think that’s too crazy. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. NE8 should be very competitive this year. Everyone except Lakeview has a shot.
I still have South Range as the favorite, though. Then Girard a close second. Then Niles and Hubbard…

I’ve been waiting to drop this comment . Now seems like a good time with the Lakeview comment . Lakeview currently has kids that live In Cortland playing varsity football at the following schools .Warren Harding 1 kid , Warren jfk 3 kids ,Mathews 2 kids .McDonald ,1 kid ,and the latest Garfield 1 kid . They had a bunch more quit these past couple weeks or not come out for football this year after playing last year . Say what you want about Pavlansky but in my book it not how you start it’s how you finish and he left that place a real mess just like he will Poland .

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting to drop this comment . Now seems like a good time with the Lakeview comment . Lakeview currently has kids that live In Cortland playing varsity football at the following schools .Warren Harding 1 kid , Warren jfk 3 kids ,Mathews 2 kids .McDonald ,1 kid ,and the latest Garfield 1 kid . They had a bunch more quit these past couple weeks or not come out for football this year after playing last year . Say what you want about Pavlansky but in my book it not how you start it’s how you finish and left that place a real mess just like he will Poland .
Are they going to have enough for a team?

I’ve been waiting to drop this comment . Now seems like a good time with the Lakeview comment . Lakeview currently has kids that live In Cortland playing varsity football at the following schools .Warren Harding 1 kid , Warren jfk 3 kids ,Mathews 2 kids .McDonald ,1 kid ,and the latest Garfield 1 kid . They had a bunch more quit these past couple weeks or not come out for football this year after playing last year . Say what you want about Pavlansky but in my book it not how you start it’s how you finish and he left that place a real mess just like he will Poland .
Kids leaving now is the current coach’s fault. Went 0-10 last season after all.

I think the first year is normally the old coaches fault, the new season with a full off season they should be getting better. I think they can beat Labrae to start out the season

I don’t think that’s too crazy. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. NE8 should be very competitive this year. Everyone except Lakeview has a shot.
I still have South Range as the favorite, though. Then Girard a close second. Then Niles and Hubbard…
Cats will be in that mix with Niles and Hubbard. A lot of people acting like they don’t have any talent or something. If they’re put in a better situation this season they’ll give some teams some problems

I think the first year is normally the old coaches fault, the new season with a full off season they should be getting better. I think they can beat Labrae to start out the season
Lakeview's HC is a very good coach. The program that he inherited is a mess. It will take at least a couple of more years to get it straightened out.

Someone told me that Lakeview is pay to play. Is this true?

Lakeview's HC is a very good coach. The program that he inherited is a mess. It will take at least a couple of more years to get it straightened out.

Someone told me that Lakeview is pay to play. Is this true?
Pay to play is tough, you have kids who will quit because they arnt going to get on the field, then you have low numbers and struggle to give the starters good quality looks in practice.

I was part of a replacement of a turf field and it took almost 6 weeks. This Woodridge situation is a whole different animal, and I hope they get it done.
It’s official. The Woodridge home game against CVCA has been moved to CVCA. The Royals schedule now shows it as a home game:

Here’s Woodridge’s field last weekend:
95A86ADC-8F92-4C4F-B17B-60C77E7D67EC.jpeg

Last edited:
This region is so wide open this year. I really don't see any dominant favorite. A few of the top teams that use to be here, have either changed divisions, or regions.

I agree. West branch is beatable, and should by no means be the overwhelming favorite that they are now that the pre season is over.
I had West Branch pre season as the favorite too. But after the scrimmages, I don't know if they have the skill, and lines around DeShields like last year.

I completely agree. My first thought was, “Poland will be lucky to finish top 4 in the NE8, let alone top 4 in the region.”
I have South Range, Hubbard, Girard and Struthers all ahead of them. Maybe Niles, too.

I know it’s been really tough to count Poland out until they’re officially out of it. So I wasn’t going to be the first to say anything. But I don’t see it from them this year. I think last year was probably their last big hurrah for a while.
They do still have some good players, so they won’t be a total push over. But the days of winning 8+ games every year are behind them. Especially after this year.
If Hubbard has a decent line, I can see number two in the league. They lost a lot on the line, but skill position is still pretty good so I guess we will have to see!!

I feel really bad for Sammy Belino the head coach. He is a great kid

The silent partner here that nobody is mentioning is Jefferson. They return everybody a year older stronger and hungrier. They didn’t have a senior on the roster. They are going to challenge some teams this year.

How good is their skill? i’m not sure of the scrimmage results from the Eagles
No speedsters but a lot of experience. There's no reason Hubbard can't compete this year. #22 is a 4 year starter who can be carry the ball. #15 should be one of the better athletes in the conference and hungry after missing most of last season, #8 was a hard runner behind Caffey last year. #2 is another one to keep a eye on. 3 year starter on defense. Had a long touchdown run last year in a scrimmage. If the freshman #1 is anywhere close to as fast as his brother was he'll be a good one at Hubbard and one to watch. Chaney shellacked Hubbard and they scrimmaged a good Brookfield team about even. Who knows. Probably won't have a good read on Hubbard until week 3.