Week 1 - St Thomas Aquinas at Struthers

Who you got

• St Thomas

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Struthers

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters

330Football

Struthers is a huge favorite, numbers still seem to be down in Aquinas. Curious to see if the throw it up and pray tactic is the go to again this year with their big receiver.

For Struthers the defense has been stout in the last 2 scrimmages, especially on the ground against west branch and Jfk

Gryzb has been lights out at receiver scoring 3-4 times so far in the offseason. Dukes is a threat with the ball in his hands every play, did get dinged but seems to be okay last night against JFK. Hopefully the cats get out of the game earlier to let the backups get quality reps

I've read the O & D-lines are much improved on another thread. That's huge if true. Only way to find out is Friday night lights. Hope Dukes is ok. Cats seem to be heading in the right direction. Now begins the fastest 10 weeks of the year

I've read the O & D-lines are much improved on another thread. That's huge if true. Only way to find out is Friday night lights. Hope Dukes is ok. Cats seem to be heading in the right direction. Now begins the fastest 10 weeks of the year
That’s true on the lines. Also back to using more bodies, separating the ol and dl for the most part. Some going both ways tho

Shame how fast STA has fallen. They used to be one of the better programs in the stark area. I remember watching them play CCC ten or so years ago. Big line, well coached kids. Similar to Poland under Brun. I’m sure that’s what Struthers thought they were getting here. Not this mess. Struthers will roll easily.

Shame how fast STA has fallen. They used to be one of the better programs in the stark area. I remember watching them play CCC ten or so years ago. Big line, well coached kids. Similar to Poland under Brun. I’m sure that’s what Struthers thought they were getting here. Not this mess. Struthers will roll easily.
Even as early as 2019 they were pretty good. They whipped Kennedy that year before getting ousted by the D7 runner-up.

We scheduled this right after that season I believe
Hopefully we're done with them after this season. If we wanted to play a D6 team, there's plenty of them in our area that are a whole lot better.
Anyone have any idea yet for the replacements for Aquinas, Streetsboro and/or Geneva?

Hopefully we're done with them after this season. If we wanted to play a D6 team, there's plenty of them in our area that are a whole lot better.
Anyone have any idea yet for the replacements for Aquinas, Streetsboro and/or Geneva?
Nothing yet, we will see soon, I did get word that Canfield has indeed reached out to the NE8 but the likelihood of them getting in is slim to none

Louisville Leopards is a good replacement since you already know how to get here?
But I don't see why there are not more NE8 vs. EBC games in the OOC schedule.
Any word on who is taking Jefferson spot?

Aren’t weeks 1, 3 and 8 open?
Week 1… maybe Brookfield? Isn’t their thing with Ursuline just a one year deal?
Week 3… IDK.
Week 8… maybe East Liverpool. I think they’re open that week.

I think Geneva is a home and home, right? So week 2 doesn’t open up until 2024. Boardman would be cool.

Aren’t weeks 1, 3 and 8 open?
Week 1… maybe Brookfield? Isn’t their thing with Ursuline just a one year deal?
Week 3… IDK.
Week 8… maybe East Liverpool. I think they’re open that week.

I think Geneva is a home and home, right? So week 2 doesn’t open up until 2024. Boardman would be cool.
Yes you have the weeks correct. Salem is open week three next season
Liberty and Ursuline open week 1
Chaney open week 3
Newton falls mighty tigers open week 3
Lake catholic open 1,8
Louisville open 3
And a bunch more

Last edited: