2022 Elder Football

I thought that part of the alumni yard sign thing included free tickets to the PC game. (Does anyone else remember reading that?) If I’m remembering correctly that could take a few thousand tickets out of the mix, but tickets shouldn’t be terribly difficult to come by. As ElderHSfan02 said there hasn’t been a sellout in quite a while.
I don't recall that but I don't recall a lot of things.

Yeah that is part of the deal. An email will be sent to the address you used to get the sign. I told my uncle about the sign, and he didn't want the tickets and gave them to me. So I have 2 season tickets 2 tickets for my sign and 2 for my uncle's. So I am taking My wife, two kids, Brother-in-law and Father-in-law.
I know the yard sign language originally mentioned free tickets to the PC game, but I can't remember if it said one or two, and the original language has been changed. You're sure it said two?
Thanks.

I know the yard sign language originally mentioned free tickets to the PC game, but I can't remember if it said one or two, and the original language has been changed. You're sure it said two?
Thanks.
I am pretty sure it said two per sign. I remember doing the math knowing I would have six tickets to the game.

A few years ago when they did the electronic ticket I went and counted the number of reseved seats. I believe I came up with 2500 reserve tickets. So if 2000 yard signs were handed out and 2 tickets per sign that is 4000 tickets. So the first game already has 6500 tickets sold.

Granted not all reserved seats are sold and people like my Uncle wanted the sign, but not the tickets. So I would expect a big crowd, don't know if it is sold out or not.

Hearing really good things about Schoster at QB. He’s got the size and arm to make all the throws at this level.

If you have an NFHS subscription, there is a stream of the scrimmage at Oak Hills today.

To get an NFHSNetwork.com account (which is free) you can go to this URL, https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/redeem and enter the code WCAT23 to get a free subscription through June 30, 2023.

Last edited:
After 1 quarter, Elder is up 14-0. The Panthers have second and goal from about the 1 or 2 yard line.

Update: Whoever is wearing #25 (Elder has their practice jerseys on) just scored his second TD. Elder leads 21-0.

Random notes: before the game if you would have watched each team warm up nearly every person would have thought Elder was the winless team and Oak Hills was the annual playoff contender.

Oak Hills treated this like a real game. From pregame stretching, uniforms, warm-ups, to the rah-rah cheering, passionate coaching, and individual position player drills. Oak Hills looked sharp, well coached, and impressive.

Unfortunately for Oak Hills they started playing the actual game and none of it translated to success on the field. I do believe they will be improved and if they can stay healthy should win a few games. Credit to the coach for at least getting the Highlanders to look the part.

I left at the half, think it was 35-0. Elder looked good, but had a couple of mishandled snaps. Would like to have seen them run the ball a little better against Oak Hills.

Random notes: before the game if you would have watched each team warm up nearly every person would have thought Elder was the winless team and Oak Hills was the annual playoff contender.

Oak Hills treated this like a real game. From pregame stretching, uniforms, warm-ups, to the rah-rah cheering, passionate coaching, and individual position player drills. Oak Hills looked sharp, well coached, and impressive.

Unfortunately for Oak Hills they started playing the actual game and none of it translated to success on the field. I do believe they will be improved and if they can stay healthy should win a few games. Credit to the coach for at least getting the Highlanders to look the part.
I really hope there is improvement on Ebenezer Road.

Oak Hills last won a regular season game on September 19, 2018. Any single win would be like winning the Super Bowl.

I left at the half, think it was 35-0. Elder looked good, but had a couple of mishandled snaps. Would like to have seen them run the ball a little better against Oak Hills.
Flowers is sitting out, so that might have something to do with it. The snaps worry me.

Oak Hills last won a regular season game on September 19, 2018. Any single win would be like winning the Super Bowl.
They won 2 games in ‘20. However, it’s going to get harder to win games bc the GMC is getting better.

Last edited:

There may be some improvement but with 9 League Games, the regular season losing streak might continue. We better stop talking about OH, Omar will lose his mind.

Hearing really good things about Schoster at QB. He’s got the size and arm to make all the throws at this level.
Schoester started at Qb at the freshman and Jv level. I am not sure who Ramsey will give the qb role to in week 1? I would rather have a clear cut favorite, but we might not know for a couple of weeks?

They won 2 games in ‘20. However, it’s going to get harder to win games bc the GMC is getting better.
Like I stated, they haven't won a REGULAR SEASON game since September of 2018. The 2 games they "won" in 2020 was after they got destroyed by Princeton 55-0 in round one of playoffs (which everyone made due to Covid). After that, teams were allowed to keep playing if they chose to, which most teams used to give reps to younger guys and to work on things. Oak Hills did not do that. Oak Hills "beat" Middletown and Harrison after that, in exhibition.

Those were not games, and had no bearing on anything. That would be like someone celebrating winning a big scrimmage.

So Oak Hills is definitely winless the past 3 seasons, and winless again in 2017. Oak Hills has been winless 4 out of the past 5 seasons.

2 comments on here about some bad snaps today. Quality snaps can’t become an issue with the Schedule Elder has. Hopefully this gets cleaned up asap!! How the Elder Kicking Game looking this year?

Like I stated, they haven't won a REGULAR SEASON game since September of 2018. The 2 games they "won" in 2020 was after they got destroyed by Princeton 55-0 in round one of playoffs (which everyone made due to Covid). After that, teams were allowed to keep playing if they chose to, which most teams used to give reps to younger guys and to work on things. Oak Hills did not do that. Oak Hills "beat" Middletown and Harrison after that, in exhibition.

Those were not games, and had no bearing on anything. That would be like someone celebrating winning a big scrimmage.

So Oak Hills is definitely winless the past 3 seasons, and winless again in 2017. Oak Hills has been winless 4 out of the past 5 seasons.
Oak Hills needs to find a way to stop the exodus of their good young talent going to private schools to play football. I am aware of at least a handful of nice grade school players with parents with Oak Hills ties playing in the youth Catholic leagues with no intention of going to Oak Hills. I know this is good for Elder but just saying the only way to fix the problem is from the bottom up. Nice uniforms and beautiful cheerleaders will not matter how good their coaches are. Four or five stud players can start to turn things around. LaSalle has been the biggest beneficiary of this in past years but this appears to be turning Elders way

Oak Hills needs to find a way to stop the exodus of their good young talent going to private schools to play football. I am aware of at least a handful of nice grade school players with parents with Oak Hills ties playing in the youth Catholic leagues with no intention of going to Oak Hills. I know this is good for Elder but just saying the only way to fix the problem is from the bottom up. Nice uniforms and beautiful cheerleaders will not matter how good their coaches are. Four or five stud players can start to turn things around. LaSalle has been the biggest beneficiary of this in past years but this appears to be turning Elders way
OH has no way to stop the exodus. If the kids a good athlete, band member, whatever and the parents can afford private school then private school is what it will be. OH I’m sure in the top level/advanced classes offers a top notch education but the overall environment and other stuff going on up their is basically a sh it show!

Uniforms don't win games. I happened to watch this today. This was the best shot Oaks Hills had of beating Elder in the last 30+ years. Oak Hills still came up short. It is a coach's cut so he had the radio called sinked up to it. A few times they mention the independent schedule Oak Hills played. I went and looked it up this was the year before they went to the GMC. So they had to play an independent schedule that year. They went 7-4 with two loses to Elder, one to LaSalle, and one to Colerain. I think playing an independent schedule makes you better. It made Oak Hills better for a year.

Oak Hills needs to find a way to stop the exodus of their good young talent going to private schools to play football. I am aware of at least a handful of nice grade school players with parents with Oak Hills ties playing in the youth Catholic leagues with no intention of going to Oak Hills.
Do these kids attend Oak Hills elementary/middle schools?

I think over the years, Elder has "lost" more kids who attended traditional feeder Catholic grade schools and then went to play sports at Oak Hills than kids who attended Oak Hills schools and then played sports at Elder.

I think over the years, Elder has "lost" more kids who attended traditional feeder Catholic grade schools and then went to play sports at Oak Hills than kids who attended Oak Hills schools and then played sports at Elder.
2 have actually switched to parochial schools. 2 at Bridgetown. I know it’s only 4 that I know of but they are very good all around athletes.

how is a team supposed to warm up for a scrimmage? the kids weren't wearing their game #s or uniforms. they are allowed to save old game gear to use as practice/scrimmage gear. so elder wasn't doing individual position warm ups on the grass field before coming to the turf? seems kind of odd that elder reported to the field without warming up and went directly into team offense and defense? i thought i saw them actually punting, kicking, snapping? just saying as an impartial observer.

jtk
()

Schoester started at Qb at the freshman and Jv level. I am not sure who Ramsey will give the qb role to in week 1? I would rather have a clear cut favorite, but we might not know for a couple of weeks?
It sounds like Schoster is QB1 and Reuter will play the Wildcat

2 have actually switched to parochial schools. 2 at Bridgetown. I know it’s only 4 that I know of but they are very good all around athletes.
They’re still in grade school? I know a current freshman at Elder, whose brother was a stud at LS, and he came from OH Middle schools.

They’re still in grade school? I know a current freshman at Elder, whose brother was a stud at LS, and he came from OH Middle schools.
Yes. LaSalle was getting kids from Rapid Run Middle School- one started for 4 years at middle linebacker. State champ years.

Yes. LaSalle was getting kids from Rapid Run Middle School- one started for 4 years at middle linebacker. State champ years.
Yeah, that was Bledsoe. They also had Uran, from Dulles, his brother was the one I was referencing. I think he’s starting RB for Elder’s Frosh.

The argument Oak Hills will say is the Catholic schools hurt OH, because they live in the district. They have a point. Imagine if the westside wasn't such a big Catholic area. Combine the best Oak Hills kids with the best Elder kids(that live in the district) and you have a really good team. The same could be said with Taylor.

All that said, there are plenty of kids in OH school district to field a decent team. The new coach is trying to build it. They need to give him 10 years.