Percentage of games rained out 1st week

wildcat71

With the high school football season now starting in mid August what is everyone guessing on percent of rain outs, delays and postponements that 1st week. I'm guessing 60%...

Never heard of a football game being rained out. I've experienced games that were delayed or postponed by lightning, but not rain alone. Some of those postponements happened in September and October.

With the high school football season now starting in mid August what is everyone guessing on percent of rain outs, delays and postponements that 1st week. I'm guessing 60%...
None will be rained out.

Less than 10% delayed until the following day because of lightning.

Care to share with us how you came up with 60%? I am truly interested.

So, you have a dart board with %'s on it?

Interesting.

Try this one out. What % of Yappsters will think your joke was funny?

If it doesnt land on zero then it is defective....
Threw a dart at a board...sort of like weather forecasting!

I happen to love postponements. A couple of years ago I went to 4 games on Saturday! They had the resume times perfect.
was it week 1 if 2016? i remember about every game in our area getting pushed to saturday that weekend

I believe this was an attempt, as lame as it is, to ridicule starting the season so early.

Swing........and a miss.
Which doesn't even make sense, there have been years prior that have started near the same time. 2008 the first friday was August 22nd, 2012 and 2018 was August 24th.

It's obviously ridiculously early, but current forecast is high in the low 80s and no rain, at least here in NW Ohio.

There's a better shot of no inclement weather than a BS number like 60% someone comes up just because they're mad it's not 1962 anymore and things change in life.

Anyone remember 2002? The whole northeast corner of the state got hit with a thunder and lightning deluge that resulted in most games being suspended and completed the next day (the one I played in was delayed at halftime), some not being started at all, and others finishing very very late in the night.

Anyone remember 2002? The whole northeast corner of the state got hit with a thunder and lightning deluge that resulted in most games being suspended and completed the next day (the one I played in was delayed at halftime), some not being started at all, and others finishing very very late in the night.
A couple years ago there was a handful of games in mahoning and Trumbull continued on Saturday because of lightning Friday night

Find out when I'll be flying home and there's sure to be rain.
Caught a game at West Branch a couple years ago. Got outta there just in time. Started pouring like a big dog.

I'll be back Aug 26 (Geneva) and Sept 2 (@ Streetsboro). Wouldn't be a bit surprised if I get nailed one of those weekends. :rolleyes: