2022 Mahoning Valley Scrimmage Schedule

I heard Chaney’s athletes just took over, to be expected they got some freaks over there this year
Word around town was Hubbard couldn't contain Chaney's speed. Probably the fastest team Hubbard will see this season from what I hear. Hubbard needed that kind of scrimmage.

2146 and BTrev - your both probably right, but first game, I think it will be a bit closer than the talent gap leads you to believe. Poland is well coached and usually has some pretty good size and strength on the offensive and defensive lines. Chaney QB great athlete, strong runner, strong arm but not great accuracy, so I’m curious if Poland slows down run game could keep it close. Being a Thursday game with two local teams is what interest me. Ursuline vs Hartley Thursday will probably be a better game overall though. If I’m back in town Thursday I’d probably go see Chaney play.

2146 and BTrev - your both probably right, but first game, I think it will be a bit closer than the talent gap leads you to believe. Poland is well coached and usually has some pretty good size and strength on the offensive and defensive lines. Chaney QB great athlete, strong runner, strong arm but not great accuracy, so I’m curious if Poland slows down run game could keep it close. Being a Thursday game with two local teams is what interest me. Ursuline vs Hartley Thursday will probably be a better game overall though. If I’m back in town Thursday I’d probably go see Chaney play.
Poland with 2 starters back isn’t going to be able to run on chaney. That one might get ugly

Ursuline plays Brookfield not Hartley week 1.

I think Chaney will run all over Poland.
Poland played an always tough Buchtel team even. I would say Buchtel is similar to Chaney athletic wise. Chaney does have some very good athletes. Hewlett is a stud and will need to be contained. They probably have a coaching upgrade from Amil to Antram IMO.

Poland lost a ton of offensive fire power last year but they get Barringer back who is very tough. Williams coming back to coach the defense is a huge plus for Poland. I can see Pavalansky taking advantage of Chaney's aggressiveness to create some big plays especially the screen game.

I see this being a very good tough game. If Ursuline vs Brookfield is game of the week, I may have to record it and go to this game.

That's exactly what I heard, I'm glad Hubbard got to scrimmage such a fast and talented Chaney team, and I'm also glad it was only a scrimmage for Hubbard's sake...lol.
Picked 2 good scrimmages, Brookfield got some horses. Their rb and receiver are also blazers

Poland played an always tough Buchtel team even. I would say Buchtel is similar to Chaney athletic wise. Chaney does have some very good athletes. Hewlett is a stud and will need to be contained. They probably have a coaching upgrade from Amil to Antram IMO.

Poland lost a ton of offensive fire power last year but they get Barringer back who is very tough. Williams coming back to coach the defense is a huge plus for Poland. I can see Pavalansky taking advantage of Chaney's aggressiveness to create some big plays especially the screen game.

I see this being a very good tough game. If Ursuline vs Brookfield is game of the week, I may have to record it and go to this game.
Irish and warriors are game of the week on tv

I agree Targeting. I asked a friend of mine from Mogadore who thought this might be a bit of a down year for the Wildcats this year. Not sure how accurate that is, but regardless, Adorni always has the Wildcats fundamentally sound. So that is a good sign if the Raiders were able to fare well against them.

Word around town was Hubbard couldn't contain Chaney's speed. Probably the fastest team Hubbard will see this season from what I hear. Hubbard needed that kind of scrimmage.
Yes, and nothing to be ashamed about. Seen the tape. Chaney took it to Hubbard. It's a scrimmage and they'd do that a lot of teams in the area this year. They're loaded with talent. Looking forward to Hubbard - Brookfield scrimmage Thursday. Kids will get another great look from what should be a good Brookfield squad this season.

I agree Targeting. I asked a friend of mine from Mogadore who thought this might be a bit of a down year for the Wildcats this year. Not sure how accurate that is, but regardless, Adorni always has the Wildcats fundamentally sound. So that is a good sign if the Raiders were able to fare well against them.
Mogadore should be very good this year one of the better teams in d6 region 21 along with the favorite Kirtland and Brookfield

Yes, and nothing to be ashamed about. Seen the tape. Chaney took it to Hubbard. It's a scrimmage and they'd do that a lot of teams in the area this year. They're loaded with talent. Looking forward to Hubbard - Brookfield scrimmage Thursday. Kids will get another great look from what should be a good Brookfield squad this season.
Is that at Brookfield? If so I find that odd that they arnt playing on turf instead of grass

I agree sportster, I'm glad Hubbard scrimmaged Chaney, it definitely showed what the Eagles need to work on. The Hubbard faithful that I talked to that went to the scrimmage was highly impressed with the Cowboys.

Ursuline Vs GlenOak Thursday.

Also, Ursuline received one of Campbell's players yesterday in DeSean Will. Very Good basketball player, not sure if he is as good of a football player as he is a basketball player. But, the rich get richer!
If he played in the first scrimmage he’s ineligible for the season in football, if not out for second half of the season for both football and basketball

I went to see the Lowellville/LaBrae scrimmage Friday night, and "MAN" did Lowellville look good. They would have scored all night long with the offense they have(and did). A lot of speed for a public D-7 program. A see them making a "run" in the playoffs. Vinny Ballone is a hell of an athlete as a QB, and talented receivers like Burnofsky, Lucente, and Mike Ballone catching the football. Two nice RB'S which will keep the defense honest with the run and pass scheme. I was impressed how they handled LaBrae last Friday night. I see them going 9-1 at worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if they "run the table."

I went to see the Lowellville/LaBrae scrimmage Friday night, and "MAN" did Lowellville look good. They would have scored all night long with the offense they have(and did). A lot of speed for a public D-7 program. A see them making a "run" in the playoffs. Vinny Ballone is a hell of an athlete as a QB, and talented receivers like Burnofsky, Lucente, and Mike Ballone catching the football. Two nice RB'S which will keep the defense honest with the run and pass scheme. I was impressed how they handled LaBrae last Friday night. I see them going 9-1 at worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if they "run the table."
The bottom line is that the Rockets need to play defense. Offense sells tickets, but defense wins games. Their defense looked better Friday than it did last year, but that needs to stay consistent through the whole season. The real litmus test will be week 4 against Springfield. Imo, it will be a shame if they go any worse than 9-1 this regular season (hopefully all games are played).

If he played in the first scrimmage he’s ineligible for the season in football, if not out for second half of the season for both football and basketball
He hasn't played in any scrimmages. His name is listed on the Campbell roster online but never came to one practice. I believe he was contemplating going over to Kennedy Catholic for basketball.

My Red Devils can't catch a break!