2022 St. Edward Football

Is the week 10 game Hoban vs. Ed's on Friday or Saturday. I have seen both. I'm seeing lately that it is on Saturday, but looking for confirmation on which day it is. Thanks.
Both the St. Edward Athletic Website and Hoban website have it on Friday. Lakewood appears to be "away" that week. But it's "@tbd - league championship". I didn't realize conferences were doing championship games and flexible scheduling for week 10.

I thought the 2010 and 2011 Eagles lines were enormous. This year's and next look right up there.
Looks pretty good on paper. Not quite as “beefy”as that ‘10-‘11 group yet, and whether they will dominate like those guys did remains to be seen.

Eds looks to have an advantage on the lines against the 'Cats the next two years. Ignatius is void of big linemen with the exception of junior to be Raynor.

Matt Goul was reporting that the Pick North scrimmage was going to be on Thursday the 4th at 11. The Ed's athletic calendar is still showing Friday the 5th, with Fitch as well as Pick North. Can anyone confirm which date is correct?

Eagles are the prohibitive favorite in D1. Size and skill all over. A junior class that hasn't lost a game as a group. I'm trying to see a loss this season. I just don't.

Eagles are the prohibitive favorite in D1. Size and skill all over. A junior class that hasn't lost a game as a group. I'm trying to see a loss this season. I just don't.
Away games at Moeller and Massillon. Hoban and St. Ignatius will be tough games as well.

Away games at Moeller and Massillon. Hoban and St. Ignatius will be tough games as well.
Agreed. Plenty of potential "L's" with this schedule. I'd add Cherry Creek to that list as well. They have a number of Power 5 recruits in their defensive front seven that will give a highly touted, but largely untested, Ed's o-line a run for their money.

You guys are just being cautious. I get it. Eagles are loaded, even losing a few stand outs to Glenville.

And Ignatius has huge questions at QB and the defense.

Pitt Central Catholic I would lose sleep on as well. To me, they are just like any of the Cincinnati schools or us and Ignatius. Cherry Creek is going to be a game. They have the talent but my Ohio bias will play into this and not trust Colorado's high school football. That doesn't mean Cherry Creek isn't good, just that they may not be as used to playing tight games. I also think travel is always a big factor for high school athletes, there just is not really a great way to prepare for that besides doing it consistently enough to get used to it.

Undefeated.
A lot of tough games on the schedule. It's very difficult to run the table with the schedule the eagles play. I don't mind a loss or two during the season to give them some things to work through as they enter the play-offs. Of course, it always depends on who the loss comes from....

Great scrimmage here at Eds. Athletes all over the place!
Fitch, Eds and Pick North each went against each other in 12 min sections.
Overall Eds won that portion. North moved the ball decent. Fitch also had some nice runs.
Defense wise- Eds d looked solid. PN looked impressive but got caught out of place a few times. Fitch will be tough, but needs more up front besides the De.

after that a 10 minute “game”
Eds v Fitch- was 14-0 eds

in a shocker-
Pick North was up over Eds 7-0

Eds, OLine was massive but the Pick North D line more than held their own. Honestly I expected more domination from eds

8, and 43 are the real deal for Eds

it’s early, but that was a great scrimmage

Great scrimmage here at Eds. Athletes all over the place!
Fitch, Eds and Pick North each went against each other in 12 min sections.
Overall Eds won that portion. North moved the ball decent. Fitch also had some nice runs.
Defense wise- Eds d looked solid. PN looked impressive but got caught out of place a few times. Fitch will be tough, but needs more up front besides the De.

after that a 10 minute “game”
Eds v Fitch- was 14-0 eds

in a shocker-
Pick North was up over Eds 7-0

Eds, OLine was massive but the Pick North D line more than held their own. Honestly I expected more domination from eds

8, and 43 are the real deal for Eds

it’s early, but that was a great scrimmage
Thanks for the recap. Was hoping to attend on Friday, but couldn’t make it work today. I expect it to take some time for the Ed’s offense to ramp up with so many new faces. Defense may have to carry the team in the early going.

What do y’all think St Ed’s record will be this season?
Not sure about their record. They could lose a game along the way. Injuries are always the unknown and can be a factor regarding predicting their win loss record for the season. But I have them as the team to beat and the favorite to win another state title.

Not sure about their record. They could lose a game along the way. Injuries are always the unknown and can be a factor regarding predicting their win loss record for the season. But I have them as the team to beat and the favorite to win another state title.
Regular season record means very little to me. Staying healthy, rotating depth and going into the playoffs in a rhythm are what most important. He just wants to know if we think the eagles can beat Massillon.

Regular season record means very little to me. Staying healthy, rotating depth and going into the playoffs in a rhythm are what most important. He just wants to know if we think the eagles can beat Massillon.
If you only knew.?

At the end of the day, if Ed's wins the state championship, nothing else matters. Not any regular season loss no matter who it would be against matters. (IMHO).

After watching some of the clips of Ed's, it's amazing they are ranked only number 24 in the country. They should definitely be much higher.

After watching some of the clips of Ed's, it's amazing they are ranked only number 24 in the country. They should definitely be much higher.
Anything short of a State Championship and #1 ranking in the country will be a disappointment for this Eagles squad:rolleyes: