2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

i do think the trc is the weakest football conference in the area. Outside of milton (possible regional champs) there’s not much. excited to see how well milton does this year. i hope other programs can get rolling soon as well.
Two things, I had just posted about the Pick em in earlier threads. Secondly, MU has things rolling because of a great senior class. After this year they will be more in line with the rest of the league. As for the comment about it being the weakest league, you’re far off, in my opinion. But, opinions are like -+=%””,: everyone has one. ??

Weaker than who? The MAC? of course. WOAC? WOAC has better teams at top, the middle is equal and the bottom is much much worse than the TRC botton. So a draw there? What other small school conferences you comparing to?
I’d take MU vs either Preble or TV. Riverside is no pushover. Northridge, would give TV or Shawnee a game.

Weaker than who? The MAC? of course. WOAC? WOAC has better teams at top, the middle is equal and the bottom is much much worse than the TRC botton. So a draw there? What other small school conferences you comparing to?
Mvl, Mac, Woac, Swbl, Cbc and no school other than milton competes with preble or tv

I love it that the TRC is being looked at like this. Ask Eaton and Indian Hill about MU, Riverside made their own statements. Northridge had some talent last year that they lost.
in a normal year, East and Covington would be as good MU and Riverside.

Mvl, Mac, Woac, Swbl, Cbc and no school other than milton competes with preble or tv
Tc could of easily beat tv last year. They lost it more than TV won it. 5 trips in the red zone with zero points hurt. Give credit to the TV D though they made plays in the red zone to shut drives down. Is TV winning 21-7 againt a middle TRC team mean TRC cant compete? Losing QB is devasating and patriots showed solid pulling it out.

This year I would make TV a bigger favorite, but TC is going to suprise and show well.

I do not see the gap that wide personallly but fun to debate.

TC 80 boys says no worriees, bring it. We will bring our 25 strong, all play both ways and give it a go. Hey other 20, go kick all the rears in soccer. Thats half the school!! What, no soccer team. whatever. lame. Ok next 20, lets get some pride in our band. 20 left, get ready for state wrestling!!!

How you interpurit your word compete is important.
Grades this year:
MU A
TV B+
PS B+

TC C-

Can a C- compete with an A nooooo. Can it compete with q B+.....maybeish no

Tc could of easily beat tv last year. They lost it more than TV won it. 5 trips in the red zone with zero points hurt. Give credit to the TV D though they made plays in the red zone to shut drives down. Is TV winning 21-7 againt a middle TRC team mean TRC cant compete? Losing QB is devasating and patriots showed solid pulling it out.

This year I would make TV a bigger favorite, but TC is going to suprise and show well.

I do not see the gap that wide personallly but fun to debate.
agreed fun to debate when civil! but if their qb isn’t hurt they beat tc by 30 it’s that big of a differnce imo

I love it that the TRC is being looked at like this. Ask Eaton and Indian Hill about MU, Riverside made their own statements. Northridge had some talent last year that they lost.
in a normal year, East and Covington would be as good MU and Riverside.
i said outside of mu

In 2016, what many who posted on here called a very weak Troy Christian team (big bucks fan among others) saw that they really were not weak at all when compared to the CCC in general. Other than a one point loss to Covington they soundly beat teams such as Miami East 42-21 (ME qualified for playoffs) . I would say other than Tri Village and Shawnee, the TRC is the stronger conference.
Tri Village was the last conference team Bradford beat when they went 3-7 back in 2016. So Tri Village is not always real strong. Lately yes. Still, if you pitted the bottom 3 of the. TRC vs the bottom 3 of the WOAC I dont think the WOAC would win a game very often.

Bethel, Miami East and Covington vs Bradfird, Mississinawa and National Trail. Not likely to be competitive. And it shouldn't be, the TRC has much larger schools on average with the exception of the private schools.

In 2016, what many who posted on here called a very weak Troy Christian team (big bucks fan among others) saw that they really were not weak at all when compared to the CCC in general. Other than a one point loss to Covington they soundly beat teams such as Miami East 42-21 (ME qualified for playoffs) . I would say other than Tri Village and Shawnee, the TRC is the stronger conference.
Tri Village was the last conference team Bradford beat when they went 3-7 back in 2016. So Tri Village is not always real strong. Lately yes. Still, if you pitted the bottom 3 of the. TRC vs the bottom 3 of the WOAC I dont think the WOAC would win a game very often.

Bethel, Miami East and Covington vs Bradfird, Mississinawa and National Trail. Not likely to be competitive. And it shouldn't be, the TRC has much larger schools on average with the exception of the private schools.
Size of schools:
TRC:
Northridge d4
Bethel d4
MU d5
East d5
Covington d6
Lehman d7
Troy Christian d7
Riverside d7

WOAC:
Shawnee d5
Arcanum d6
National Trail d6
Tri Village d6
Dixie d6
Twin Valley S d6
Ansonia d7
Miss Valley d7
Tri County N d7
Bradford d7

Looks like TRC is a smidge larger. I’d take MU over every WOAC team in most years.
Riverside would be top 2-3 every year.
East and Covington are having down years, typically they are in the top 2-3.
Troy Christian would be top 2-3
Northridge would be top 3-4.
Lehman would struggle but still beat everyone but the top 3.
Flip side is Tri Village and Shawnee who would struggle with most TRC schools. Arcanum is having a good streak with the QB that left. Everyone else would get smoked. MU will put a running clock on NT every time and most other WOAC schools. Riverside the same. Shawnee and TV would be the only two that would compete with the TRC top 4, who I think are MU, Riverside, Northridge and Troy Christian. Overall, the WOAC would lose more than the TRC would.
Shawnee in ‘22 would beat everyone but MU.
TV would beat everyone but MU maybe Riverside.
Arcanum is on the Miami East level, to me.
Milton would, this year, beat everyone including Shawnee by 14+. The Dogs just have so much speed and athleticism. Shawnee is a great team and I hope we see them in the playoffs.

Last edited:

I see your point but that was literally Tri Village’s first year of varsity football.

I get your point here D4fan. But that was Tri Villages first year of varsity football… that coach left for because the “talent was not there”… Then TV in a quick span won their conference, beat Fort Loramie on the road.. then beat the defending state champions New Bremen….. If you want to compare conferences at this time then MU is the top dog. But PS TV and Riverside are all right there together. The bottom tier teams in the TRC are better

Out of the 18 teams listed, it will be interested to see how Ansonia is rated at the end of the season. I see them pushing TV and PS this season. Hearing good things from out of their camp.
TC scrimmagses them Sat. I hope to make it for an update.

It will be interesting to see how the Brookville/Preble Shawnee, Brookville/Milton Union scrimmages turn out.
Can we really use that as a gauge on strength? I think the coaches typically use those scrimmages to work out kinks in the armor. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t see Milton showing everything they have to win a scrimmage with Valley View watching.

I read that Cates(old coach who is now at VB) mentioned in and interview that numbers coming up was slimmer. Add a little negative leadership from older players that haven't bought into a little change and Covington finds them in the same spot Minster was in last year.
Could happen to any program.