2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

The talk continues, I was talking with a couple of folks that told me Talawanda is and will be in the Swbl when Edgewood and ross join. They aren't letting it out right now as they are looking for another school to come with. They were in talks with Middletown and they declined. heard WC is the next option they are considering. Don,t see them leaving the MVL but you never know. I don't see Madison and Carlisle looking to go anywhere when this happens. They will have a big school side and smaller school side. Outside looks if WC joins:

Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Edgewood
Ross
Talawanda
West Carrolton

Carlisle
Waynesville
Madison
Brookville
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood

I work with a guy that played for the new Madison coach up here in Northwest Ohio. The kid has nothing but great things to say about the coach. Seems like he was successful in making a program that was irrelevant and a laughing stock into one that was competitive and winning a bunch. Whether that translates to another school, who knows. What does their schedule look like? Winnable games on it?

Without getting into specifics let’s just say fhe coach rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Plus the parents don’t help but that happens in a lot of schools anymore

The talk continues, I was talking with a couple of folks that told me Talawanda is and will be in the Swbl when Edgewood and ross join. They aren't letting it out right now as they are looking for another school to come with. They were in talks with Middletown and they declined. heard WC is the next option they are considering. Don,t see them leaving the MVL but you never know. I don't see Madison and Carlisle looking to go anywhere when this happens. They will have a big school side and smaller school side. Outside looks if WC joins:

Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Edgewood
Ross
Talawanda
West Carrolton

Carlisle
Waynesville
Madison
Brookville
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
forget West Carrolton and tell Waynesville to go take a hike (to the SBAAC). that makes a 12 team league with 2 very nice looking divisions. it would be a league that could last a long time. the travel for all would be as good as it gets.

2 mandatory crossovers: 1 permanent and 1 rotating based of prior league standings

forget West Carrolton and tell Waynesville to go take a hike (to the SBAAC). that makes a 12 team league with 2 very nice looking divisions. it would be a league that could last a long time. the travel for all would be as good as it gets.

2 mandatory crossovers: 1 permanent and 1 rotating based of prior league standings
Like the crossover ideas, Waynesville fits nicely into small school side of it though. D5 Region 20 has Carlisle, Madison, Valley View, Brookville and Waynesville in it. Then you have Eaton who is D4 region 16. Oakwood is D3 region 12 though. They might want to go to big school side instead of WC. Then small schools pull a region 16 ,or 20 over, ideas could be Massie or Fenwick. Or reach out to the OHC and see if any of those schools might have interest. It will be interesting to see who they add.

EAST

Franklin D3 R12
Bellbrook D3 R12
Monroe D3 R12
W.C. D3 R12
Talawanda D2 R8
Edgewood D2 R8
Ross D2 R8

WEST

Oakwood D3 R12
Eaton D4 R16
Brookville D5 R20
Carlisle D5 R20
Madison D5 R20
Valley View D5 R20
Waynesville D5 R20

Like the crossover ideas, Waynesville fits nicely into small school side of it though. D5 Region 20 has Carlisle, Madison, Valley View, Brookville and Waynesville in it. Then you have Eaton who is D4 region 16. Oakwood is D3 region 12 though. They might want to go to big school side instead of WC. Then small schools pull a region 16 ,or 20 over, ideas could be Massie or Fenwick. Or reach out to the OHC and see if any of those schools might have interest. It will be interesting to see who they add.

EAST

Franklin D3 R12
Bellbrook D3 R12
Monroe D3 R12
W.C. D3 R12
Talawanda D2 R8
Edgewood D2 R8
Ross D2 R8

WEST

Oakwood D3 R12
Eaton D4 R16
Brookville D5 R20
Carlisle D5 R20
Madison D5 R20
Valley View D5 R20
Waynesville D5 R20
Very unlikely that Oakwood would agree to move to the big side. I could see Valley View taking that on. Eaton would be a good move to the bigs. I really can’t see WC or Middletown moving to the SWBL. Fenwick is not an option due to being a private. SWBL doesn’t like private schools.
this looks like a good set up.

Very unlikely that Oakwood would agree to move to the big side. I could see Valley View taking that on. Eaton would be a good move to the bigs. I really can’t see WC or Middletown moving to the SWBL. Fenwick is not an option due to being a private. SWBL doesn’t like private schools.
I don’t see WC or Middletown moving to the SWBL either. And still believe Madison is looking to get out if they get a invite to another league.

I think Greenville would be an option? Better than Middletown IMO

It’s would be over 60 miles from Greenville to Ross. Too far away. Similar if they added Harrison. Either would be good fits if not for the long travel distances. Even going to Ross will be a haul for some.

EAST

Franklin D3 R12
Bellbrook D3 R12
Monroe D3 R12
W.C. D3 R12
Talawanda D2 R8
Edgewood D2 R8
Ross D2 R8

WEST

Oakwood D3 R12
Eaton D4 R16
Brookville D5 R20
Carlisle D5 R20
Madison D5 R20
Valley View D5 R20
Waynesville D5 R20
Oakwood will not move to the big side. The Jr. classes is the outlier. For every girl there are two boys so that has bumped us just to D3 but that is short lived. Even that said it isn’t a very athletic class and we wouldn’t complete on the big side in football at all.

I don’t like being on the small side for all the other sports. We have be 1st or 2nd and mainly 2nd in the all sports league title for 20 years or more with Bellbrook being 1st.

My understanding is the goal will be to add two bigger schools. Talawanda is one and the other had not yet committed and it might not so the search could continue. For how long??? They (SWBL) may need to go in a different direction, reshuffle the sides…? It’s obviously still up in the air and so is the timeline. All subject to change is my bet meaning I don’t know Jack? about what will happen.

I think Massie would want the SWBL. There was an invite letter to an informational meeting sent to them. In a conversation with an administrator at massie I gathered that they attended that meeting along with several other schools representatives. After that, no other contact has been made. He didn’t say why but there has been no official invite to apply for the SWBL.

Personally, as a former falcon and community member, I would love the SWBL. I don’t think very highly of the current league that they are in.

I think Massie would want the SWBL. There was an invite letter to an informational meeting sent to them. In a conversation with an administrator at massie I gathered that they attended that meeting along with several other schools representatives. After that, no other contact has been made. He didn’t say why but there has been no official invite to apply for the SWBL.

Personally, as a former falcon and community member, I would love the SWBL. I don’t think very highly of the current league that they are in.
I defiantly agree. To me, Massie would be the school if I was SWBL

I don’t see that as a problem. Football is the money maker for every school. Massie is a perfect fit. Greenville is not a fit in any form or fashion.
Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, Massie really make this league a strong contender.

I don’t see that as a problem. Football is the money maker for every school. Massie is a perfect fit. Greenville is not a fit in any form or fashion.
Edgewood, Ross, Talawanda, Massie really make this league a strong contender.
Not saying football isn’t the money maker, but those basketball games would be a hard watch.

EAST

Franklin D3 R12
Bellbrook D3 R12
Monroe D3 R12
W.C. D3 R12
Talawanda D2 R8
Edgewood D2 R8
Ross D2 R8

WEST

Oakwood D3 R12
Eaton D4 R16
Brookville D5 R20
Carlisle D5 R20
Madison D5 R20
Valley View D5 R20
Waynesville D5 R20
Hell Week starts Monday morning and most teams have full scrimmages Friday or Saturday. Franklin travels to Columbus Bishop-Hartley Friday,8/5 for freshman at 3 and Varsity at 5. Next week on Fri.12th they have Miamisburg at home for the Jamboree game. Go 'Cats !!

Hell week is here indeed. Gut feeling is that this is going to be a competitive conference again this year. See a lot of potential playoff success for several SWBL teams this year. Hope it’s a healthy season all around. My gut feeling

East
1. Bellbrook
2. Monroe
3. Franklin
4. Waynesville
5. Oakwood

West
1. Eaton
2. Brookville
3. Valley View
4. Carlisle
5. Madison

I’ll take a stab…
East
1. Bellbrook
2. Monroe
3. Franklin
4. Oakwood
5. Waynesville

West
1. Valley View
2. Eaton
3. Carlisle
4. Brookville
5. Madison
i agree completely with this. with that being said, it’s almost impossible to predict this years SWBL. so many teams that are very close to eachother

Looking forward to week two game between Brookville and Anna. Possible two middle of the pack teams in their leagues. I here line play in Anna should be solid but will be starting sophomore Qb.

Looking forward to week two game between Brookville and Anna. Possible two middle of the pack teams in their leagues. I here line play in Anna should be solid but will be starting sophomore Qb.
The Rockets are typically a load to take down. Brookville is coached well. Do t know much about what they return.