Covington Football Faces Issues As Season Nears

Yes, AJ Oullette was a heck of a player. Just a few years back in 2019, the Buccs were very good as well and went 3 games deep in the playoffs.
Yes, they were tremendous in 2019. That year Fort Loramie had arguably their best ever team (took eventual state champion ML to OT in what ended up as ML's only single digit playoff game) and in week four the Buccs had a play at the Loramie 2 to try and win the game at the buzzer. Didn't get it and lost 19-14 but wow, one of the best games ever played at Redskin field without question and the best non MAC team we played that year by a mile.

I urge parents to encourage their kids to play if they like the sport and want to play and dont use the 'i dont like the coach' as an excuse.

For whatever reason, that excuse seems to get kids off the hook for quitting.

Use it as a teaching moment and a life lesson. If you like the game of _______, play. Your whole life you have to work with, work for and deal with people you do not like. It is just the nature of life.

To foster an environment of quitting just because ya dont agree with a coach is a bad lesson to learn.

Many of those kids will look back on this and regret giving up their last season or two of playing football. Ever. Just because they had a petty dispute and didnt like the coach.
One of best posts I've ever read on Yappi. Totally agree.

Well for what it's worth I always loved the game. Played peewee thru college and played in an adult league in Dayton until I was about 32. I would play now if my body could take the punishment. Good coaches, lousy coaches, but I put the game in front of anything else. I could not fathom throwing away my senior year - for 99% of people the last year that they will EVER play football, and instead just sitting at home on Friday nights. It's a different generation I guess.

I had one coach who pursaded an athlete to go out by saying "20 years from now, what are you going to tell your kids you did in high school, just hang around or will you tell them that I was part of a championship team? (Mr. Delong, for those who want to know). The athlete decided to go for it and we did indeed win a championship. You only get one chance at life, why throw it away.

AJ Oulette put on a show in the 2013 playoff game between Covington and Marion Local - he was nearly phenomenal as a running back, yet the Flyers narrowly won.

As mentioned, Oulette now plays for the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL.

Everyone on this thread: Talks about Covington football.

Bless Em All: Finds a way to say Milton.

office space workplace GIF by Tech Noir

AJ Oulette put on a show in the 2013 playoff game between Covington and Marion Local - he was nearly phenomenal as a running back, yet the Flyers narrowly won.

Yes he did!!! One of the best playoff games I have seen - just outstanding and a tremendous crowd as well.

He was fun to watch at Ohio University