2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eds will smash us like they did last season. Just too much size , depth … I can go on and on. Why scrimmage them ?
All good points, but I also remember Benedictine kept out a few starters and played their main guys for a series or 2 while Ed's was still getting in their 2nd and 3rd team varsity guys playing vs the JV Benny team...like you said it doesn't make sense to scrimmage them with their numbers

I say scrimmage Ed's, this is the type of team we will see in DeMatha. Might as well get a feel for the size, speed, and depth of a high level nationally ranked HS Football team in a scrimmage 1st so you can be prepared for a real game.

I say scrimmage Ed's, this is the type of team we will see in DeMatha. Might as well get a feel for the size, speed, and depth of a high level nationally ranked HS Football team in a scrimmage 1st so you can be prepared for a real game.
I agree but I don't think the scrimmage helps Ed's as they may play their starters some but getting guys 35-70 meaningful reps will be hard vs a smaller team like Benedictine

Anyone have the scrimmage schedule for the first two weeks of August?

Wanted to check out some of the teams before the start of the season.

It’s pointless.
That is such a soft take. Playing a superior team as the final dress rehearsal before the regular season is exactly what you want. Playing a team like Eds is going to highlight everything that needs to be addressed prior to playing games that actually matter. Maybe next year we can scrimmage Holy Name instead so we can hang the prestigious undefeated preseason banner in the gym.

That is such a soft take. Playing a superior team as the final dress rehearsal before the regular season is exactly what you want. Playing a team like Eds is going to highlight everything that needs to be addressed prior to playing games that actually matter. Maybe next year we can scrimmage Holy Name instead so we can hang the prestigious undefeated preseason banner in the gym.
Might as well scrimmage St Ignatius , Eds, Mentor. Makes sense.

Heard Lucas looked much better last night...baseball season coming to an end I'm sure so he can focus on football more
I heard the opposite. Barker 2nd string. Nick Iliano will probably be playing safety.

I disagree whole heartedly. We always play strong talent. Whether Ed’s is a juggernaut or not, it gives our guys a look at what it takes to be successful. DeMatha is cut from the same cloth at that program. Competing against the best will make you better. There’s a reason Benedictine traditionally gets into the playoffs and fares well after playing some of the toughest schedules in Ohio irregardless of Division.
It’s pointless.

I heard the opposite. Barker 2nd string. Nick Iliano will probably be playing safety.
Lucas looked really good. He will sometimes make soph. mistakes however he is an uber-talented qb. Barker played really well and we have 3 talented sophomores. Can't wait till pads come on a week from Monday. It's less than a month till SHOWTIME.

? yeah, because getting your butt kicked really builds confidence .
? yeah, because getting your butt kicked really builds confidence .
How about leaving our site and go bother someone else's site. The Benedictine Bengals are a proud and successful program ( 8 State titles) and we don't need your kind to tell us how to run a program.JerryCugini is a liar and a fraud.

Bengals didn’t make the cut. Chardon was the only D3 school represented at #12
Glenville made the top 25 which kind of surprised me, they have some strong athletes but not sure about the depth and there are still concerns on the coaching front. We will know a lot more come week 3 when they play Avon.

First time back on the forums in a while - hope everyone had a great off-season!

Does anyone know which way we voted in the OHSAA NIL vote back awhile ago? It would have been neat to see some Bengals doing Original Mattress Factory TV ads.

B3AB5D06-13B0-4DF4-A8C5-B2E343E7F2B1.jpeg

Work begins August 1st
#MOB

It’s pointless.
Scrimmages are not about winning & losing. They are for learning. Learning what it takes to play with topflight competition. Learning composure. Learning, win or lose, to keep on fighting. Learning to trust your teammates. Learning how to win or lose with dignity. Learning to be Men of Benedictine. No one said it would be easy. There are no guarantees in life. Time to learn these valuable lessons in a scrimmage, so they carry over to the regular season. Welcome to The Home of Champions. Ora Et Labora!

Status
Not open for further replies.