Covington Football Faces Issues As Season Nears

Something is going on there. I hope it's worth it to those Seniors who are sitting out their final year after working so hard the years prior.
I urge parents to encourage their kids to play if they like the sport and want to play and dont use the 'i dont like the coach' as an excuse.

For whatever reason, that excuse seems to get kids off the hook for quitting.

Use it as a teaching moment and a life lesson. If you like the game of _______, play. Your whole life you have to work with, work for and deal with people you do not like. It is just the nature of life.

To foster an environment of quitting just because ya dont agree with a coach is a bad lesson to learn.

Many of those kids will look back on this and regret giving up their last season or two of playing football. Ever. Just because they had a petty dispute and didnt like the coach.

I urge parents to encourage their kids to play if they like the sport and want to play and dont use the 'i dont like the coach' as an excuse.

Use it as a teaching moment and a life lesson. If you like the game of _______, play. Your whole life you have to work with, work for and deal with people you do not like. It is just the nature of life.

To foster an environment of quitting just because ya dont agree with a coach is a bad lesson to learn.

Many of those kids will look back on this and regret giving up their last season or two of playing football. Ever. Just because they had a petty dispute and didnt like the coach.
Amen. Football has taught me many lessons in life.

Covington use to have some very passionate and opinionated posters on Yappi, it would be interesting to see what they have to say about what has gone on with the Bucs football program.

It wasn’t too long ago (2013 or 14) the Bucs had the 2nd best team in the state in their division, they lost a tough one in the playoffs to Marion Local. Covington had a stud rb who had a stellar career at Ohio University and I believe played a bit in the CFL.

Covington use to have some very passionate and opinionated posters on Yappi, it would be interesting to see what they have to say about what has gone on with the Bucs football program.

It wasn’t too long ago (2013 or 14) the Bucs had the 2nd best team in the state in their division, they lost a tough one in the playoffs to Marion Local. Covington had a stud rb who had a stellar career at Ohio University and I believe played a bit in the CFL.
Yes, AJ Oullette was a heck of a player. Just a few years back in 2019, the Buccs were very good as well and went 3 games deep in the playoffs.

Yes, AJ Oullette was a heck of a player. Just a few years back in 2019, the Buccs were very good as well and went 3 games deep in the playoffs.
Believe he originall went on as a walk on, and was awarded a scholly after a few practices in the spring because they were so impressed and didnt want someone else to get to him

He was a heck of a wrestler too, I believe he placed at state as a senior wrestling 195 or 220

This is really unusual for this area of the state. Bradford and Covington, which are neighboring communities, are having issues with participation in football.
Both are blue-collar football towns. Bradford borders Versailles as does Covington. There seems to be an issue with the coaching and the lack of interest in the new conference? That is what I have read. The TRC is home to Milton-Union, Bethel, Miami East, Troy Christian, Riverside, Dayton Northridge and Lehman along with Covington. The Covington AD is the commissioner of the league. So, I am questioning the league being an issue.
I know Covington has the kids and the passion to compete and be very good. This is a tragedy for those young men.

I agree to a certain extent, but we do not know all the circumstances. If a coach is blaming the kids for his own shortcomings, then I find it justified a player will not play for said coach. Like I said we do not know what this situation is all about but there are cases I would say, "I dont blame ya"

I agree to a certain extent, but we do not know all the circumstances. If a coach is blaming the kids for his own shortcomings, then I find it justified a player will not play for said coach. Like I said we do not know what this situation is all about but there are cases I would say, "I dont blame ya"
I also believe, to an extent, that a number of kids do not like the game and use the 'i dont like the coach' as an excuse.

Face it, football isnt for everyone. It is physically and mentally demanding from the early morning workouts to the physical nature of the game. It isnt for the feint of heart.

This is really unusual for this area of the state. Bradford and Covington, which are neighboring communities, are having issues with participation in football.
Both are blue-collar football towns. Bradford borders Versailles as does Covington. There seems to be an issue with the coaching and the lack of interest in the new conference? That is what I have read. The TRC is home to Milton-Union, Bethel, Miami East, Troy Christian, Riverside, Dayton Northridge and Lehman along with Covington. The Covington AD is the commissioner of the league. So, I am questioning the league being an issue.
I know Covington has the kids and the passion to compete and be very good. This is a tragedy for those young men.
hasn't Bradford always had trouble with the # of players? i mean at least for the 15 or so years?

Still in the CFL plays for Toronto.

This is not a complete surprise, last year Cov. had less than 30 players on their team. Wonder if this is why the SH - Covington game was not on arbiter for awhile ( it is back on now ). This is a process throughout Ohio ( less football players ) that has been going on the last 10 years ( except for a few teams ). Be surprised if Ohio has tackle football in 30 years.

There are still plenty of schools that have good participation #’s. It’s concerning when a school like a Covington with a rich football tradition has low turnout. Covington has one of the best websites, great job in setting that up.

Sorry to here about BigBuccFan.

I remember that great 2012 team they had. They killed everyone until Coldwater. (No shame in that of course)

I also believe, to an extent, that a number of kids do not like the game and use the 'i dont like the coach' as an excuse.

Face it, football isnt for everyone. It is physically and mentally demanding from the early morning workouts to the physical nature of the game. It isnt for the feint of heart.
Oh definitely, but not knowing how many kids decided not to go out, you cant make that assumption. If it was a significant number, chances are the majority "just did not like" football. How often do you see a kid who does not like football, play up to their senior year, then call it quits. Most of the time when a kid quits or does not go out his senior year, something besides not liking the sport, is the culprit

This is not a complete surprise, last year Cov. had less than 30 players on their team. Wonder if this is why the SH - Covington game was not on arbiter for awhile ( it is back on now ). This is a process throughout Ohio ( less football players ) that has been going on the last 10 years ( except for a few teams ). Be surprised if Ohio has tackle football in 30 years.
yep.... with the way the WOKE young crowd is today, that is a solid bet

Oh definitely, but not knowing how many kids decided not to go out, you cant make that assumption. If it was a significant number, chances are the majority "just did not like" football. How often do you see a kid who does not like football, play up to their senior year, then call it quits. Most of the time when a kid quits or does not go out his senior year, something besides not liking the sport, is the culprit
follow the leader could have something to do with it