Memorial Stadium in Troy

didn’t they just install new Kentucky bluegrass?

either way, Troy having turf would be great for hosting playoff games. area needs another good place to host

And no more soccer at Troy Memorial. As they will have their own field with lights behind the High School.

Good luck. We all want it. But The Mercers have a strong grip on Troy and they take care of the field and have for years. I won’t believe it until I see it

Putting turf in at Troy is a good move. That nice, large stadium sitting empty every postseason is kind of a disappointment. Also, the grass field is typically in pretty rough shape towards the end of the regular season.

Mercer does a great job. To me, the mud, rough turf makes football. It's part of the game. Artificial turf takes away that variable in the game. Troy Memorial should be natural, Troy is the home of the original Chem Lawn Corp, which was the first lawn care company in the country, (Trugreen now). There are at least 4 lawn care companies in this city.

Once they get turf I would expect Troy to try and host playoff games as often as they can. The community seems to always be hosting different events, they do a great job hosting district wrestling right next door at the Hobart arena

Mercer does a great job. To me, the mud, rough turf makes football. It's part of the game. Artificial turf takes away that variable in the game. Troy Memorial should be natural, Troy is the home of the original Chem Lawn Corp, which was the first lawn care company in the country, (Trugreen now). There are at least 4 lawn care companies in this city.
In today’s world of football and revenue (look at college football) Troy is missing out on additional revenue streams. Piqua and Sidney must be bringing in decent money from hosting playoff games, or they wouldn’t do it every year.

In today’s world of football and revenue (look at college football) Troy is missing out on additional revenue streams. Piqua and Sidney must be bringing in decent money from hosting playoff games, or they wouldn’t do it every year.
Most of what is writen here is accurate.

It has become increasingly difficult to staff playoff games in recent years. Parking and concessions are where schools get some of their investment back. The turf cartel has flooded their fields across Ohio and America, so many sit empty on playoff nights even with ADs bidding on games. The local stadium was the flavor of the week for a few years, but neighboring schools have since added turf, receiving bids the local school might have received just three years ago.

We only make money from concessions and parking for our booster groups. The state pays very little to the host school for stadium rent.

We only make money from concessions and parking for our booster groups. The state pays very little to the host school for stadium rent.
I know Sidney has run a 50/50 for some of the games it hosts. I think it only gets to keep 25% instead of 50%, though, as I believe the state gets 25%.

So if Troy gets turf should we go for the trifecta and have Piqua, Sidney and Troy put a bid in to jointly host the state championship games?

As soon as I heard Troy was possibly getting Turf, this instantly came to mind! So much opportunity for the three, but they will need to put in a heck of a bid to pry it away from Stark county. Then if they could get the state to let them do a trial run they would have to knock it out of the park to keep it!

As soon as I heard Troy was possibly getting Turf, this instantly came to mind! So much opportunity for the three, but they will need to put in a heck of a bid to pry it away from Stark county. Then if they could get the state to let them do a trial run they would have to knock it out of the park to keep it!
And I’d honestly think you’d have people from other areas in the Miami Valley willing to help. Places like Wapak, St. Marys, some MAC teams that don’t make it… willing to come to those 3 to just volunteer to help make it happen. I know I for one would consider it.

And I’d honestly think you’d have people from other areas in the Miami Valley willing to help. Places like Wapak, St. Marys, some MAC teams that don’t make it… willing to come to those 3 to just volunteer to help make it happen. I know I for one would consider it.
i would love to come be an usher or such for a weekend of championship games!