Are you a true West Sider??

Seton not already handicap accessible? That just doesn’t sound right.
I believe that the new parking lot is in response to increased enrollment (incoming freshman class around 200). In addition to 90-100 new parking spaces I believe that they will be adding a handicapped entrance to the main floor of their auditorium. The building is already handicap accessible but this new entrance will make it more convenient (for parking and entry) if a patron has mobility issues.

The Port of Greater Cincinnati received $1.7 million in state funding to demolish the old Lunkenheimer building in South Fairmount. It's the big abandoned industrial building near the corner of Beekman and Queen City.

The Port of Greater Cincinnati received $1.7 million in state funding to demolish the old Lunkenheimer building in South Fairmount. It's the big abandoned industrial building near the corner of Beekman and Queen City.

The building is an eyesore, but it is sad to think of all of the jobs that were once there and all of the families supported by them.

Hopefully demolishing the building allows the land to be redeveloped into something that can lead to new jobs.
Agree. The Port of Greater Cincinnati has a good track record in Lower Price Hill with bringing in Nehemiah Manufacturing(Elder Grad Dan Meyer), Tri-State Wholesale Building Supply and Millcraft Paper. All 3 companies building new sites for their business and bringing jobs to that area. Hopefully they can do the same for this location.

It was sad to see the Crosley Building being included in this effort. It is a historic building and well worth saving. I would have loved to have seen it in its prime and visit the top floor studio where so many great performers would have lit up the airways.

It was sad to see the Crosley Building being included in this effort. It is a historic building and well worth saving. I would have loved to have seen it in its prime and visit the top floor studio where so many great performers would have lit up the airways.
Not all of the buildings listed will be demolished. Some--including the old Crosley and Shillito's buildings--will be remodeled.

According to city councilman Mark Jeffreys, the Crosley building will become apartments.

Not all of the buildings listed will be demolished. Some--including the old Crosley and Shillito's buildings--will be remodeled.

According to city councilman Mark Jeffreys, the Crosley building will become apartments.
This article is from a year and a half ago. Not sure if artist studios are also planned along with the apartments.

LaRosa's Family Pizzeria is revamping its flagship location on Cincinnati's West Side.

Cincinnati's hometown pizzeria chain announced last week its flagship location at 2411 Boudinot Ave. will undergo "major renovations." The store closed Tuesday and will host a grand reopening event sometime in October. The announcement notes the location will still offer pick-up and delivery.

LaRosa's will embark on a major dining room renovation, "drastically" changing the interior layout by adding new party and meeting rooms, removing the bar and updating the overall décor, according to the announcement. The company's CEO, Mike LaRosa, said the renovations will cost upward of $1 million.
I wonder how many more party and meeting rooms they plan to add since the renovation they did 5(?) years ago added a number of party/meeting rooms.

Last edited:
The quality of the food at all Larosas has gone downhill the last few years imo. With many other options now available, I believe Larosas Pizza is the worst of the bunch.
I think the food quality at most restaurants has gone downhill in the wake of COVID. I’ve cut down on going to restaurants recently just because the quality I’ve been getting isn’t worth the price I’m paying.

No sir. Marcos,Jets and last but not least Trottas have way better pizza!
This doesn't even include the "unique" places like A Tavola, Taglio, Catch A Fire and Adriaticos who's quality and freshness of ingredients are so much better.

But agree with you on the chains. I would put Donatos on your list as well that are better than LaRosas. The only thing LaRosas has going for it is convenience. It's ok pizza but It's fast and usually close because they have so many restaurants.

I call it the Chuck E Cheese pizza because it's perfect for kids parties with their BOGO deal. But if I want good pizza, it's never LaRosas.