D2 Region 8

Troy will be going back to the Wing T under a new head coach. Will be interested to see if they can become relevant again.
But ya, Lasalle and WW are basically locks at this point

It's July 07, 2022

IUDOGS: Division II, Region 8

Who's going to win region 8??
What is your Top Eight lie in Region 8 ??

Region 8

01. Cincinnati Aiken

02. Cincinnati Anderson

03. Cincinnati LaSalle

04. Cincinnati Northwest

05. Cincinnati Turpin

06. Cincinnati Winton Woods

07. Cincinnati Withrow

08. Dayton Belmont

09. Fairborn

10. Hamilton Ross

11. Harrison

12. Kings Mills Kings

13. Lima Senior

14. Loveland

15. Morrow Little Miami

16. Oxford Talawanda

17. Piqua

18. Riverside Stebbins

19. Sidney

20. Trenton Edgewood

21. Troy

22. Xenia

IUDOGS PICKS: Cincinnati Winton Woods to win Region 8

IUDOGS: Top Eight in Region 8 (not in order)

1. Cincinnati Winton woods

2. Kings Mills Kings

3. Cincinnati LaSalle

4. Piqua

5. Cincinnati Anderson

6. Trenton Edgewood

7. Cincinnati turpin

8. Cincinnati Withrow

:):cool::p:banana::unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
Winton woods vs Lasalle for the 20,000th time.
Probably. I know WW has a lot of talent back, but I'm not sure how La Salle will stack up. The QB has to play better than last year. The sophomore and junior classes are pretty good too.

Still, as we saw last year at Anderson, even a run-of-the-mill La Salle team is likely in the top couple of teams in this region.

Prayers go out to the Lasalle community
1657269025874.png

Photo La Salle Athletics

Let's not get carried away here, WW defense improved dramatically with better coaching last year. I appreciate the respectful approach to coach Parker, but fact remains he was a poor defensive coach and WW upgraded significantly when he moved on.

In the 3 playoff years prior to last year (spanning 4 seasons, because they missed in 2019), they averaged giving up 24 points a game, and gave up more than 30 in 4 of 13 games. That's hardly solid.

The difference was quite noticeable last year.
Coach Parker and his staff are part of the fabric that makes WW a premier D2 program. His staff didn't have the benefit of a Conference to work out the kinks, every game was a meat grinder. With that said Coach Grey defense is extra spicy and is fun to watch.

Let's not get carried away here, WW defense improved dramatically with better coaching last year. I appreciate the respectful approach to coach Parker, but fact remains he was a poor defensive coach and WW upgraded significantly when he moved on.

In the 3 playoff years prior to last year (spanning 4 seasons, because they missed in 2019), they averaged giving up 24 points a game, and gave up more than 30 in 4 of 13 games. That's hardly solid.

Actually Coach Parker is a very good defensive coach, as evidence by his defense for the 2009 state champs. He took a step back from the defense, when he became HC and lets just say his coordinator didn't out scheme many teams, they usually out talented them. Now with Carlton Gray running the defense, they spend more time game planning with a much more complex scheme to go with great talent.

Parker was far from a poor defensive coach. The D coordinator was stuck in his ways and that cost WW some games. But Coach Gray is doing a great job especially scheming. But Coach Murphy has done a great job of keeping the tradition and raising the level of play. He was the right choice as he was off to Princeton to be the OC if he didn’t get hired as Head coach

Just a couple weeks left until the season starts!

I know LS scrimmaged Lakota East Friday night, but I have no idea how they looked.

That offensive style will win you some games that dont matter and none of the games that do. Regressing to 1950s football when there has been so much evolution in offensive football the past 30 years is the equivalent of just giving up and trying to salvage 8-2 seasons each year that include an early playoff exit. Only teams with VASTLY superior athletes can run that style with any effectiveness when it matters late in the post season.

I truly feel sorry for fans and kids that have to suffer thru being stuck in programs that lack the awareness to understand how the game has evolved and how disadvantaged their programs are by failing to have any imagination.
If I'm a betting men it'll be more triple option then wing t. Winton Woods ran the triple for years and crushed teams during the regular season and lost in the post season to teams that could slow the triple down. Hopefully the offense is only a temporary fix.

That offensive style will win you some games that dont matter and none of the games that do. Regressing to 1950s football when there has been so much evolution in offensive football the past 30 years is the equivalent of just giving up and trying to salvage 8-2 seasons each year that include an early playoff exit. Only teams with VASTLY superior athletes can run that style with any effectiveness when it matters late in the post season.

I truly feel sorry for fans and kids that have to suffer thru being stuck in programs that lack the awareness to understand how the game has evolved and how disadvantaged their programs are by failing to have any imagination.
Knowing Everhart, he may not have many athletes to run an open system. He will probably put his better athletes on defense and play a ball control offense like the wing- T. I know he LOVES the triple but if he doesn't have the right QB he probably will run the Wing T. As Steve Channell was hired on Everhart's Middletown staff for a season.