Jayland Walker (Akron cancels Rib, White, & Blue Festival July 1-4)

However, as night fell and others began to join, the protests became no longer peaceful. There was significant property damage done to downtown Akron. Small businesses up and down Main St. have had their windows broken.
I would like to know why these downtown businesses are never investigated. They must be somehow involved in all these incidents. Why else would they be vandalized?

mail
The City of Akron Mayor's Office has canceled 4th of July fireworks.
The following is a press release from the Mayor's Office:

Akron, Ohio, July 4, 2022 — The City of Akron has issued a curfew for downtown Akron from 9pm-6am which will remain in effect until another order has been issued lifting the curfew. See the full order here. The fireworks which were scheduled for downtown Akron, the Patterson Park Sports Complex, and the Akron Fulton airport have all been cancelled for tonight.

Statement from Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan:
“Early yesterday, we had several peaceful protests in the downtown footprint related to the officer-involved shooting of Jayland Walker. These protests did not escalate to violence and destruction. I want to first thank them. As I stated yesterday, I fully support our residents’ right to peacefully assemble. What we have been calling for since the beginning, and what the Walker family and many community leaders and faith leaders have also urged, is peace. However, as night fell and others began to join, the protests became no longer peaceful. There was significant property damage done to downtown Akron. Small businesses up and down Main St. have had their windows broken. We cannot and will not tolerate violence or the destruction of property. In light of the damage that has occurred and in order to preserve peace in our community, I have declared a state of emergency, implemented a curfew and canceled the fireworks which were scheduled for tonight.”

For the purposes of this order, downtown Akron is delineated as follows:
  • North: SR 59 (Perkins St/MLK Jr. Blvd.)
  • West: SR 59 (MLK Jr. Blvd.)
  • South: I-76/I-77
  • East: SR 8
See map here.

Those excepted from the curfew restrictions are as follows:
  1. All law enforcement, fire, and medical personnel and members of the news media, as well as other personnel authorized by the City of Akron, and the State of Ohio, or individuals otherwise exempt under the law.
  2. Persons traveling directly between their place of work and their residence.
  3. Persons traveling to seek medical care.
  4. Persons fleeing from dangerous circumstances.
Sad that the law abiding citizens of Akron have to suffer because of a criminals actions and those protesting in support of said criminal and pushing a false narrative.

Sad that the law abiding citizens of Akron have to suffer because of a criminals actions and those protesting in support of said criminal and pushing a false narrative.
Have they said what traffic violation was committed ?

I have also read that they found a gun in his car. They should be able to run test to see if it was fired recently. Problem though if they did find the gun in the car and he was running from the car why is he shot 60 times.
He was running AWAY from them and left the gun in the car . Ok they didn’t know that for sure but a dude running away scared the officers so much they needed to stop him shooting 90 bullets hitting him 60 times ? Hmm. What were they pulling him over for ? Have they said ?

He was running AWAY from them and left the gun in the car . Ok they didn’t know that for sure but a dude running away scared the officers so much they needed to stop him shooting 90 bullets hitting him 60 times ? Hmm. What were they pulling him over for ? Have they said ?
so while the dude drove away from them, i have heard that he fired a gun from his car at the police, i have not followed this story, but is that true?

Not yet, but they did reveal that he ran from police the night before and the police stopped that pursuit when he entered Akron

He turned toward them. And shooting was a last resort, a taser was first deployed but ineffective for whatever reason.

Who cares what he was being stopped for? You only stop for police when you feel like it?

Yes. The vendors that were screwed by canceling the Ribs event, the citizens screwed out of enjoying the 4th, the business owners who's stores were trashed.

All because of some idiot who wanted to play criminal games.

Better than asking why he was being pulled over, whyd he have a ski mask on in July?
Mental illness ? This is the reason any white mass killer actually kills anyone right ? Was this guy a career criminal ? He’s a criminal without any real record yet certain mass murderers are always just sick individuals not criminals line this guy who was being pulled over fur an unknown violation

So sick of this crap. Stupid people try to fight back or run cause they think that’s the best course of action. Has innocence written all over it …

He turned toward them. And shooting was a last resort, a taser was first deployed but ineffective for whatever reason.

Who cares what he was being stopped for? You only stop for police when you feel like it?
Turned toward them ? Wasn’t running away ?

Mental illness ? This is the reason any white mass killer actually kills anyone right ? Was this guy a career criminal ? He’s a criminal without any real record yet certain mass murderers are always just sick individuals not criminals line this guy who was being pulled over fur an unknown violation
He turned left on red. Who gives a why? He was being pulled over and reacted, shall we say, incorrectly.

I disagree. Mental illness is a convenient way of gaining leniency in the courts. If all these people are actually suffering from mental illness, then there should be a deep investigation as to what is causing it because it seems these incidents are happening with much more frequency over the last 25 years.

We will have to agree to disagree. It still comes down to protecting each parties fringe elements. It is ok because they are our lowlifes. Wrong is wrong. I have always advocated on cracking down on all these lawbreakers. Loot, burn and attack police officers doing their jobs? Fair game. Light them up. Attack our Capitol and enter illegally and attack our police officers? Fair game. Light then up. Give them a slap on the wrist and cry for them? It only encourages more of the same. What part of breaking the law is so hard to understand? Neither party has a monopoly on lying.
Well, politics is a very strong filter that affects what we allow to enter our minds, so everyone is affected and susceptible, but at some point, facts and truth have to matter.

On this very narrow subject of black men getting shot by police officers, there are narratives created by the Left that defy facts and the truth - in almost every case. There is a pattern here. The response to those lying narratives is the investigative and trial facts. The Left gains the initiative by creating the narrative and it takes weeks, months, even years, to sort it out - and when it is, the Left claims the process is unjust and that their narrative is true. They are still saying "hands up, dont shoot" and maintaining narratives that were PROVEN to be lies. Sorry, there is no equivalent dynamic happening on the mainstream right ON THIS SUBJECT.

Now, you are conflating the Capitol riot narratives from the Trumpy part of the right with the Left's lying narratives on police shootings. In the macro, you have a point, which I acknowledged above. In that sense, you have a situation where the political figure that faction adores is having the riot laid at his feet, and they won't stand for that. It does initiate the strongest of political filters to come out and in their efforts to combat the exaggerated and false aspects of the Left's narrative on that subject, it does not allow them to see or entertain the aspects of the event that are true.

But the difference is that lying narratives are not accidental events on the Left, born out of an unconscious political bias, it is standard operating procedure and an intentional strategy to control debate and achieve political goals. Events get crammed into a narrative, whether they factually fit or not, that aids them to an end by helping create the idea that a crisis exists, the American system is either the problem or cant fix it, and that the solution is radical leftist proposals. This is what we see on every issue, every single time.

Last edited:
Have they said what traffic violation was committed ?
I have not heard yet.

What they are reporting is that the same car/same license plate was involved the night before in a chase in New Franklin (Coventry) and the chase was stopped at the city line. Maybe it was the same reason for both stops.

Turned toward them ? Wasn’t running away ?
In the video he is seen turning his body back around toward the police.
Was this guy a career criminal ?
How was the police to know if he were a career criminal or not? Who wouldn't stop for the police to question him and find out. He was out driving around with a ski mask on and apparently had a loaded gun with him that he fired at the police. Does that sound innocent to you? Regardless what he was before, he became a criminal that night.

I don’t know what them teach in NEO but most people know if you shoot at someone, they will likely shoot back with all their bullets

IMO, there really is only one point of debate for what the police did. Was the amount of shots excessive? From what I've read and seen, the police acted responsibly but the overall number of shots is a rallying point for those that dislike the police.

Everything else seems to have been reasonable. I believe this was suicide by cop. Because of the circumstances, it is going to be a politically dividing topic. Any media outlet that reports he was unarmed is intentionally misleading the public.

This reminds me of a case a few years ago where an armed suspect was running from the police. He had a gun in his hand and was stopped by the police. His hand was behind a wooden fence where he dropped the gun out of sight of the cop a second before turning around. Because he dropped it, the media claimed he was unarmed even though the officer saw the gun in his hand seconds before.

Unarmed should mean not having a gun present during the event. These twists and turns the MSM uses to create a false narrative are disturbing. Shame on any reporter that called him unarmed.

radical leftist
That is what is getting all the attention IVC. The radical left and the radical right. Do you honestly think these are the people that represent the majority of the population? You are for the right. Should I assume you are a radical? Is everyone on here who votes Republican radicals? Everyone who votes Democrat a radical? Does that make the rest of us who consider ourselves independents raving lunatics? You are taking human nature out of the equation and making everything party affiliated. I think and hope that the majority of the population isn't far right or far left. We are led by a government of gutless wonders who only intent is to remain in office at all costs. That is on us for electing these fools.

That is what is getting all the attention IVC. The radical left and the radical right. Do you honestly think these are the people that represent the majority of the population? You are for the right. Should I assume you are a radical? Is everyone on here who votes Republican radicals? Everyone who votes Democrat a radical? Does that make the rest of us who consider ourselves independents raving lunatics? You are taking human nature out of the equation and making everything party affiliated. I think and hope that the majority of the population isn't far right or far left. We are led by a government of gutless wonders who only intent is to remain in office at all costs. That is on us for electing these fools.
The radical left control the media, academia, many of our largest corporations and are seated at the highest levels of government. None of that can be said for the far right. You trying to make them seem like they are different sides of the same coin is nonsensical.

I heard a report that fifty people were arrested the night of the peaceful protest that became a destructive riot. I’ll be following this part of the story also to see what Akron actually does in the way of prosecuting them.

The radical left control the media, academia, many of our largest corporations and are seated at the highest levels of government. None of that can be said for the far right. You trying to make them seem like they are different sides of the same coin is nonsensical.

The left controls media, academia, law, and government and government bureaucracies, not to mention the spineless, woke corporations.

As far as this incident goes, it appears to be yet another situation of someone not complying. If you comply, you will not die, and you will have your day to gain recourse if you think the police treated you wrongly.

Not if you are honest and admit that the Republican party has been marginalized by the Trumplican party which is a radical party.

Not if you are honest and admit that the Republican party has been marginalized by the Trumplican party which is a radical party.
Trump is a radical personality. His policies were right on the money. Whether Trump is in control of the Republican Party is an open question. Whether the Left is in control of the Dem Party is obvious and incontrovertible - per their policies, tactics, and messaging. This is part of the problem with the lumping you are doing.

If you want me to admit that Trump is a problem and Republicans lie, well, you won't have to work hard. But if you are saying that they are two separate things doing exactly the same things, well, you are in grievous error.

Trump is a radical personality. His policies were right on the money. Whether Trump is in control of the Republican Party is an open question. Whether the Left is in control of the Dem Party is obvious and incontrovertible - per their policies, tactics, and messaging. This is part of the problem with the lumping you are doing.

If you want me to admit that Trump is a problem and Republicans lie, well, you won't have to work hard. But if you are saying that they are two separate things doing exactly the same things, well, you are in grievous error.
Party before country. That is both parties.
Trump became the least popular president in history, with an average popularity level of 39% according to Gallup and data collected by the Associated Press.
Biden's approval rating dropped to a new low in June, with 58 percent of Americans saying they disapprove of the job he's doing. Just over a third of Americans—36 percent—approve.
Exactly who are these clowns representing? It sure isn't the majority.