2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tigers won the ‘2022 Pitt Big Man Challenge.” Per Coach J.P. Simon.
20220626_192220~2.jpg

Anyone know what actually goes on in the big man challenge? I’ve seen tug of war before but I imagine there’s more
I’ve been to 2 of them but I can’t remember all of the events. One event is each team member flips those big tractor tires a certain distance and then the next guy goes back and so on with the team that finishes that task the fastest wins. Same with a sled they push back and forth. There is another event where they straddle a tread mill and move the thing you walk on with their hands a certain distance for time. Also one other thing I remember is they all do a bench press with a certain weight and the team with the most reps wins that event. This explanation is probably not clear but it is a cool event. They end the competition with the tug of war. It’s exciting and pretty awesome.

I’ve been to 2 of them but I can’t remember all of the events. One event is each team member flips those big tractor tires a certain distance and then the next guy goes back and so on with the team that finishes that task the fastest wins. Same with a sled they push back and forth. There is another event where they straddle a tread mill and move the thing you walk on with their hands a certain distance for time. Also one other thing I remember is they all do a bench press with a certain weight and the team with the most reps wins that event. This explanation is probably not clear but it is a cool event. They end the competition with the tug of war. It’s exciting and pretty awesome.
Right on. Thanks for the info!

Agree to disagree but I don’t want Slaughter running the ball. Sure he could, just like Aaron Rodgers but why risk getting your QB hurt when Hartson, Lennix, Banks, Liebler, Pringle, ect ect could carry it?

Agree to disagree but I don’t want Slaughter running the ball. Sure he could, just like Aaron Rodgers but why risk getting your QB hurt when Hartson, Lennix, Banks, Liebler, Pringle, ect ect could carry it?
Running the ball ever? Like not even on a naked boot when you think you can catch the defense off guard for an easy TD?

Anyone who was at the Iggy game a few years back remembers how their DE/OLB was crashing down the line unblocked and not respecting the QB pulling the ball at the mesh point. Simply showing the defense that you’re willing to do it will make a big difference. Doesn’t mean you have to do it often at all.

Aaron Rogers is actually very effective when he runs the ball and he knows when to slide or get out of bounds.

Won’t go unbeaten but im very optimistic this team gels at the right time and go deep into the playoffs again.
What Im confident in the most defensively is Moore, Wright, and Bond up front. Clark, Fair, and Pringle at Linebacker. And Lenix, and Welch at the Corner spots. They will be much improved from last year in coverage. That’s 8 guys from last year and these young men will lead a heckuva defense. The rest of the open positions we will see how that plays out and what other guys will step up and earn some playing time. Offensively we know Moore, Snodgrass, Mercurio, and if healthy Jones will man our front. We have two stud backs in Hartson and Lennix. Also keep an eye out for Gamble. He’s a step slower than Freddie and just a sophomore. He’s going to be a stud. We have Our stud WR in Banks back. And we have a QB that played in a bunch of games last year and started the majority of them. The kid has a ton of potential. I’m pretty confident in saying we won’t lose many games even as tough as the schedule possibly is. Obviously we have to stay healthy as well. Be optimistic guys there’s a lot to look forward to.
I really think our D will be pretty good, by the end of the season could be REALLY REALLY good. We return a lot of experience, on the DL alone we return Wright, Moore Bond as regulars....the addition of Isiah McElroy will free someone up to play the oline, plus I think Isiah will be really good. We return a starter at LB in Clark and the addition of Pringle and Fair at LB I believe will be an improvement over a D that allowed only 2.8 yards per rush last season. Also I really think the depth at that position is there with the younger Lenix, Pledgure, Mitchell, Card amongst others. At the corner position Lenix and Welch will have a year of experience under their belts with plenty of athletes to spell them. I think we have a safety spot covered with the elder Pringle and possibly Hackenbracht????

This JV team from last year shut out 6 of 11 opponents, GlenOak, Louisville, McKinley, Warren, Woodridge and Wooster, gave up only 6 to Euclid and only 7 to Avon. This was without Mike Wright for the majority.

I really think our D will be pretty good, by the end of the season could be REALLY REALLY good. We return a lot of experience, on the DL alone we return Wright, Moore Bond as regulars....the addition of Isiah McElroy will free someone up to play the oline, plus I think Isiah will be really good. We return a starter at LB in Clark and the addition of Pringle and Fair at LB I believe will be an improvement over a D that allowed only 2.8 yards per rush last season. Also I really think the depth at that position is there with the younger Lenix, Pledgure, Mitchell, Card amongst others. At the corner position Lenix and Welch will have a year of experience under their belts with plenty of athletes to spell them. I think we have a safety spot covered with the elder Pringle and possibly Hackenbracht????

This JV team from last year shut out 6 of 11 opponents, GlenOak, Louisville, McKinley, Warren, Woodridge and Wooster, gave up only 6 to Euclid and only 7 to Avon. This was without Mike Wright for the majority.
So McElroy is a defensive lineman? I didn't realize he was on the team last year. I was just thumbing through the program for the wooster game and he was in there...I know he's a good size kid

A very undersized Petaros was a starter for most of last year so we really don’t need a great player to fill that spot and eat blocks. Just don’t get pushed backwards and keep the O linemen from getting up to the backers.

A very undersized Petaros was a starter for most of last year so we really don’t need a great player to fill that spot and eat blocks. Just don’t get pushed backwards and keep the O linemen from getting up to the backers.
He is 300 lbs., that shouldn’t occur too many times. LOL.

He is 300 lbs., that shouldn’t occur too many times.
Yeah if he can play with good leverage then he would be very effective in that role.

I’m interested in seeing if they move Wright around a bit more this year and search for some matchups for him to exploit. Against weaker centers he showed the ability to throw them into the backfield in a consistent basis and messed up a lot of plays. Against better centers tho it might be good to put a guy like McElroy there to eat space and let Wright play 3 tech.

He didn't actually have surgery to repair the shoulder until last year (2021) - So that probably figured into that thinking. According to his dad he was wearing a brace on that right shoulder while playing for a very long time. Seems the surgery worked as he is much improved in baseball since.
Makes sense for some reason I was thinking his senior year he was good to go with that. I do recall him wearing the shoulder harness at the end of his junior year.

I understand that but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about when nothing is there and he can make a positive play out of nothing. I don’t want to see designed runs for him unless he can boot keep and make a play.

Running the ball ever? Like not even on a naked boot when you think you can catch the defense off guard for an easy TD?

Anyone who was at the Iggy game a few years back remembers how their DE/OLB was crashing down the line unblocked and not respecting the QB pulling the ball at the mesh point. Simply showing the defense that you’re willing to do it will make a big difference. Doesn’t mean you have to do it often at all.

Aaron Rogers is actually very effective when he runs the ball and he knows when to slide or get out of bounds.
yeah and he is a grown man this kid weighs a buck sixty. if a lane opens up for him sure he should take off but i don't think at this point in his career he needs to be running the ball against some of the teams they play.

yeah and he is a grown man this kid weighs a buck sixty. if a lane opens up for him sure he should take off but i don't think at this point in his career he needs to be running the ball against some of the teams they play.
I’ll agree to disagree. All he needs to do is get out of bounds or get down and slide. I wouldn’t design many runs for him but there is no reason he can’t use his legs. Boot keeps that kinda thing and yea when things break down.

I’ll agree to disagree. All he needs to do is get out of bounds or get down and slide. I wouldn’t design many runs for him but there is no reason he can’t use his legs. Boot keeps that kinda thing and yea when things break down.
Lol this is getting out of hand. If the kid is this fragile then he needs to find a new sport to play.

We better just sit him against Moeller, Ed’s, Fitch, etc because we can’t risk a defensive linemen touching him.

Guys, none of us are advocating for him to be used like McElroy was the last half of the year but the kid can run and should be able to at times. He ran the ball all the time before last year and didn’t die.

Fun fact of the day: WW starting tailback last year was 5’4 150 and he carried the ball between the tackles against some of the best teams in the state and stayed healthy.

Lol this is getting out of hand. If the kid is this fragile then he needs to find a new sport to play.

We better just sit him against Moeller, Ed’s, Fitch, etc because we can’t risk a defensive linemen touching him.

Guys, none of us are advocating for him to be used like McElroy was the last half of the year but the kid can run and should be able to at times. He ran the ball all the time before last year and didn’t die.

Fun fact of the day: WW starting tailback last year was 5’4 150 and he carried the ball between the tackles against some of the best teams in the state and stayed healthy.
Facts !
I would rather see a naked boot on 3rd and 4 then 3 WR’s running go routes and the ball getting thrown 50 yds downfield. I would certainly hope that having Coach Wood on staff will correct this “problem” we have had going on about 5 years now.

Facts !
I would rather see a naked boot on 3rd and 4 then 3 WR’s running go routes and the ball getting thrown 50 yds downfield. I would certainly hope that having Coach Wood on staff will correct this “problem” we have had going on about 5 years now.
I have a feeling that “problem” will continue unfortunately. Not that I’m in the know but I just have no faith in us getting away from that. Very frustrating to watch time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.