ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what?

No state legislature is going to ban birth control.

You’ll see some of the southern states move to make IUD’s and emergency contraception illegal. Missouri has a bill already filed heading towards committee that does that just that

I have the novel idea that women in this country shouldn’t be at the whim of each state for their healthcare decisions. An American should have basic universal rights to make their own healthcare decisions.

Last edited:
Then you could argue semen is living.
And it is, as semen. Then it combines with a living egg, and, a human.
Hydrogen is not water, oxygen is not water, but combine two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen and you have water.
Surely a fetus is more alive as a human than a corpse. Yet we have laws regarding proper handling of a corpse.
I don’t care what happens to my corpse, but I’m extremely glad my father and mother allowed me to live.

Despite all the issues I have with the Orange One, there is zero doubt that this decision was possible because, unlike the great RR and Bush 41 and 43, Trump picked devoted conservatives to sit on the court.

Your giving him entirely too much credit. He picked off a list of name the federalist society gave him. Trump himself couldn’t debate judicial philosophy if his life depended on it.

The left has again changed terminology to twist and obfuscate reality. Hence we now hear the phrase "reproductive rights", which of course sounds nice, even defensible, but it hides reality. The proper term for abortion (if they do not like the connotations that "abortion" brings), would be "murder rights". To my knowledge, no one in this country has, or should have, a right to murder. So long as we use proper descriptors, we can have honest debate and make good decisions.

Have a good weekend.

You’ll see some of the southern states move to make IUD’s and emergency contraception illegal. Missouri has a bill already filed heading towards committee that does that just that

I have the novel idea that women in this country shouldn’t be at the whim of each state for their healthcare decisions. An American should have basic universal rights to make their own healthcare decisions.
What rights dont they have?

Complete and utter nonsense.
Not really. Quibble with my wording if you want, but the founders believed the militia would meet the needs of national defense while also balancing the potential tyrannical power of a standing army. In this way, because they might someday have to operate as a combined force, the militias were to be “well-regulated". I'm sure you're already familiar with Article I, Section 8, Clause 15 though. ?‍♂️

And it is, as semen. Then it combines with a living egg, and, a human.
Hydrogen is not water, oxygen is not water, but combine two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen and you have water.
Surely a fetus is more alive as a human than a corpse. Yet we have laws regarding proper handling of a corpse.
I don’t care what happens to my corpse, but I’m extremely glad my father and mother allowed me to live.
It has the potential for life, but it’s not living until there’s a heartbeat imo. And being Pro choice isn’t the same as being pro abortion.

Right to bear arms is in the Constitution. The right to abort a child is not. So whoever said that is consistent.
This is where the Leftist's always get sideways......The 10th amendment to the Constitution clearly states " The powers not not delegated to the government by the Constitution, are reserved to the states". For the last 50 years or so, the Leftist's have been big fans of legislating from the bench. This Supreme Court appears to be heavy Constitutionalists. It would have been nice to have had this court in session before Obama F'd up everybody's health insurance.

It has the potential for life, but it’s not living until there’s a heartbeat imo. And being Pro choice isn’t the same as being pro abortion.
Difference in the outcome?
Weird that you would feel better about wording when the result is the same.
I’m all for pro choice also. But when a woman allows herself to be impregnated she should not be granted the sole choice over a fetus that is not hers alone. That’s why I never agreed with the ‘right to privacy’ ruling.

I mean semen is just a fluid environment for sperm. Semen without the cellular never has or will have potential for life.

That being said, if you found alien sperm on another planet, you’d for sure call that extraterrestrial life.

Status
Not open for further replies.