2 coaches - 6 parents tossed down ten...

Thavoice

Keeping in classy in NEO.

Down ten runs, 6 of them, went full stupid and got tossed and some wouldn't leave .....almost had the cops called in em.

I see parents just will never be able to control themselves.

Hahahahaha

Last edited:

Keeping in classy in NEO.

Down ten runs, 6 of them, went full stupid and got tossed and some wouldn't leave .....almost had the cops called in em.

I see parents just will never be able to control themselves.

Hahahahaha
Well duh! Down 10 the adults have to blame someone besides their kids/players. The mind set majority of the time these days is to always blame others!!!

Well duh! Down 10 the adults have to blame someone besides their kids/players. The mind set majority of the time these days is to always blame others!!!
Some is the other jagoff fans who were still around were blaming the mound as well as why they were down big....as if only their pitchers used it ha.

Saw two players (who also play for the local HS team) get tossed in a 17u event yesterday, for screaming profanities at two well-respected umps while in the field.

It would be nice if the proprietor of the field where it happened would take a stand and issue an outright 2-game ban for the two kids (their HS team plays at the same field where the ejections occurred), to make an example of what is/isn’t tolerated. I’m not holding my breath, though.

Who enforces bans though? What if it’s not a situation where they have more games in a tourney? Are they banned from the next tourney?

Who enforces bans though? What if it’s not a situation where they have more games in a tourney? Are they banned from the next tourney?
One would hope that the parents would step in an take care of that.....

Sadly, I have little faith that this would happen.

Some of the tournaments I work have a disclaimer that if an ejection is deemed “malicious” it could result in a suspension for the teams next game in the tournament.

if it is the last game of the tournament, I highly doubt anyone would carry that over to the next tournament for the same tourney organization.

it also is TD judgment as to whether the ejection is malicious enough to do that. As an umpire, I’ll just control my field, if same kid is back, clean slate, I’d expect he learned his lesson, if he didn’t, he risks being run again. < shrug>

only time I’d care enough to put my foot down with a TD is it involved bodily harm or the threat of it (shove umpire, claim he or his dad would find me later, etc)

Normal heat of the moment stuff , meh

Some of the tournaments I work have a disclaimer that if an ejection is deemed “malicious” it could result in a suspension for the teams next game in the tournament.

if it is the last game of the tournament, I highly doubt anyone would carry that over to the next tournament for the same tourney organization.

it also is TD judgment as to whether the ejection is malicious enough to do that. As an umpire, I’ll just control my field, if same kid is back, clean slate, I’d expect he learned his lesson, if he didn’t, he risks being run again. < shrug>

only time I’d care enough to put my foot down with a TD is it involved bodily harm or the threat of it (shove umpire, claim he or his dad would find me later, etc)

Normal heat of the moment stuff , meh
I admire your optimism.

Monkey see, monkey do.

When parents act life fools when kid are growing up one of two things generally happen:
1. they get embarassed and they grow up vowing to never be 'that guy'
2. they see it as normal, acceptable behavior and grow up to be adults who act like jagoffs.

For this instance, the coaches were coaching the next day, and seemed pretty cavalier about their actions when talking to some parents from another squad. I can only imagine what they said to the players on the team RE the incident.

Anyone see the Tennessee super regional when their CF and 3/4 hole guy pop off and get tossed on a call.......a STRIKE ONE CALL nontheless!
Umpires released a statement stating they were warned very early in the game for their vulgarity. I was watching at the time and originally the announcer didnt like how quickly the player was tossed, buuuut changed his tune as soon as he read the lips of the player.

As a coach you need to set the standard and sit guys when they act this way. I know a couple of times over the years when a player acted/'said a few things I think we as a staff saved them from an ejection. You get the look from an umpire and ya step right in and tell em 'we will take care of it' and sit in. It was almost like an unspoken word from an umpire of 'if you dont do something, i will'.

but anyways......
Saw two players (who also play for the local HS team) get tossed in a 17u event yesterday, for screaming profanities at two well-respected umps while in the field.

It would be nice if the proprietor of the field where it happened would take a stand and issue an outright 2-game ban for the two kids (their HS team plays at the same field where the ejections occurred), to make an example of what is/isn’t tolerated. I’m not holding my breath, though.

It never fails. Our old coach used to catch a lot of flack because he highly frowned upon our guys playing on teams like that in the Summer. But you could always tell the kind of attitude they brought back if they made it to ACME games. It was never positive.

Of the main high school sports, I'd say at least baseball has the most civility of the others. Much of this is what they see on TV. Have you seen how high school basketball players act now? They argue every call or make faces at the officials. A couple generations ago, you even looked sideways at an official and you may get T'd up, then you'd have to deal with your coach and parents later.

Remember a few years ago when many wanted baseball to be more "fun" and show emotion??? What did we see? Bat flips, chest pounding, guys acting like fools. The kid for Tennessee who flipped off the outfield circling the bases with a home run should had been called out, given a single, and kicked out of the game immediately. Where are we at when we allow players to act like this??? Do you think Tennessee's baseball program is proud of that player? The athletic director? The President of the university??

We've gone completely off the rails in terms of conducting ourselves. A rec league game where the players don't know any better, possibly. But a university with standards of higher education??? Acting like this???

Monkey see, monkey do.

When parents act life fools when kid are growing up one of two things generally happen:
1. they get embarassed and they grow up vowing to never be 'that guy'
2. they see it as normal, acceptable behavior and grow up to be adults who act like jagoffs.

For this instance, the coaches were coaching the next day, and seemed pretty cavalier about their actions when talking to some parents from another squad. I can only imagine what they said to the players on the team RE the incident.

Anyone see the Tennessee super regional when their CF and 3/4 hole guy pop off and get tossed on a call.......a STRIKE ONE CALL nontheless!
Umpires released a statement stating they were warned very early in the game for their vulgarity. I was watching at the time and originally the announcer didnt like how quickly the player was tossed, buuuut changed his tune as soon as he read the lips of the player.

As a coach you need to set the standard and sit guys when they act this way. I know a couple of times over the years when a player acted/'said a few things I think we as a staff saved them from an ejection. You get the look from an umpire and ya step right in and tell em 'we will take care of it' and sit in. It was almost like an unspoken word from an umpire of 'if you dont do something, i will'.

but anyways......
Did you see the Classless vs. Catholics shirts? Being worn by Tennessee fans. Lol

It never fails. Our old coach used to catch a lot of flack because he highly frowned upon our guys playing on teams like that in the Summer. But you could always tell the kind of attitude they brought back if they made it to ACME games. It was never positive.
You cannot stop it today. It is a rat race to the bottom. These parents are so clueless and believe their kids are “the best” that they will do anything to get ahead. The poaching and back door deals at the end of every summer ball season has become disgusting. Just so some dad can tell his buddies how much better his kid is.

I think thevoice coined the term “super travel elite ultra.” Or something like that. Lol. Just so dads can tell other dads their kid plays “super travel elite ultra” while playing tournaments at Bowling Green or Sandusky. Lol

You cannot stop it today. It is a rat race to the bottom. These parents are so clueless and believe their kids are “the best” that they will do anything to get ahead. The poaching and back door deals at the end of every summer ball season has become disgusting. Just so some dad can tell his buddies how much better his kid is.

I think thevoice coined the term “super travel elite ultra.” Or something like that. Lol. Just so dads can tell other dads their kid plays “super travel elite ultra” while playing tournaments at Bowling Green or Sandusky. Lol
Ultra Super Elite Premiere Supreme Select All Stars.

I expanded on it after seeing more teams!

I call it "Super Grand Master Ultimate Galactic Universe" - select only means little Timmy's dad 'selected' a team for him to play on.

Ultra Super Elite Premiere Supreme Select All Stars.

I expanded on it after seeing more teams!
Ultra Super Elite Premiere Supreme Select All Stars - (Jones)

Gotta put the coach's name at the end to differentiate between the three different 12U teams they field...

And there's a 95% chance little Kamden/Kaiden/Kaidyn Jones is the Friday starter pitcher and shortstop the rest of the weekend because Coach Jones "needs him on the field."

I was helping the varsity coach run one of his tournaments a couple of years ago when a kid's mom approached me to complain about the umpires.

"Can't you do anything? We play tournaments all over the country, and this is the worst umpiring I've ever seen."

I told her I needed the umpires to work the semis and the finals later that day - couldn't really get too worked up about a meaningless pool game at 8 on Sunday morning.

I kind of wanted to ask here why they were 0-2 coming into that game in our little podunk tournament if they were good enough to play "all over the country with multiple college recruits on their team." Maybe it was the umpires now that I think of it...

Its really crazy. My sons team has played in two tournaments this year. All kids from one school. Played in a "travel tournament" in May. Every team had walk up music, gamechanger livestream ( we have since that tournament, had a parent do this ), 3 of the 11 teams were named Elite, full on MLB rules. Hour and 45 minute time limit reached in all 4 of our games, including a game in single elimination which was ended because it was 7 minutes to the time limit going into the 6th. It was a 5-4 game. Game had about a 10 minute stoppage in the 2nd and another in the 5th due to team from Adrian, Mi coach arguing/discussing judgement calls by the blues.

Last weekend in Archbold. 5 teams, all from the community in which they live. Little league rules. Not one game went to time limit (hr45) and some of the cleanest baseball ive ever seen from 10 year olds. Baserunning blunders were minimum, teams were bunting, defenders moving, pitchers throwing strikes, coaches were just coaching. Not one call was contested by a coach in 4 games I watched my boy play and the 3 or 4 other games we watched between games.

I know its a small sample size, but there is a fraction, still playing and teaching the game the correct way

Its really crazy. My sons team has played in two tournaments this year. All kids from one school. Played in a "travel tournament" in May. Every team had walk up music, gamechanger livestream ( we have since that tournament, had a parent do this ), 3 of the 11 teams were named Elite, full on MLB rules. Hour and 45 minute time limit reached in all 4 of our games, including a game in single elimination which was ended because it was 7 minutes to the time limit going into the 6th. It was a 5-4 game. Game had about a 10 minute stoppage in the 2nd and another in the 5th due to team from Adrian, Mi coach arguing/discussing judgement calls by the blues.

Last weekend in Archbold. 5 teams, all from the community in which they live. Little league rules. Not one game went to time limit (hr45) and some of the cleanest baseball ive ever seen from 10 year olds. Baserunning blunders were minimum, teams were bunting, defenders moving, pitchers throwing strikes, coaches were just coaching. Not one call was contested by a coach in 4 games I watched my boy play and the 3 or 4 other games we watched between games.

I know its a small sample size, but there is a fraction, still playing and teaching the game the correct way

Always enjoyed the locally-run tournaments (Lake, Woodmore, Genoa, etc.) much more than Nations tournaments when my kids were playing. Woodmore really went out of their way to get the tournament in - having us play games against other local teams a week or two after the tournament ended because the weekend had been rained out.

Did the one in Archbold also charge $25/person to attend the tournament, and have a team hotel with a special 'team price' (thats always more than my discounts I can get) that they get a kick back from? (I fell for the team hotel price code once, never again).

Then show up to the game and the one facility essentially big timed the fans/players and wouldnt run the scoreboard (even tho there were 4-5 people in said press box)?

I am not gonna sit there and keep track of the freaking game on my phone with gamechanger. Aint. Gonna. Happen.

One facility did use their scoreboard and PA for music between innings, but the other just gave the finger to the fans/players.

A number of teams dropped out after their games on Saturday so they didnt have to stay another night in a hotel for a meaningless 'consolation' game on Sunday that, again, is a simple money grab by the TDs

Did the one in Archbold also charge $25/person to attend the tournament, and have a team hotel with a special 'team price' (thats always more than my discounts I can get) that they get a kick back from? (I fell for the team hotel price code once, never again).

Then show up to the game and the one facility essentially big timed the fans/players and wouldnt run the scoreboard (even tho there were 4-5 people in said press box)?

I am not gonna sit there and keep track of the freaking game on my phone with gamechanger. Aint. Gonna. Happen.

One facility did use their scoreboard and PA for music between innings, but the other just gave the finger to the fans/players.

A number of teams dropped out after their games on Saturday so they didnt have to stay another night in a hotel for a meaningless 'consolation' game on Sunday that, again, is a simple money grab by the TDs
no gate fee. Scoreboard was on for every game. Concessions and indoor restrooms. Field was lined and dragged every 2 games as well. I believe it was $300 to enter tournament but that included Umpires. We did have to supply one game ball per game (decently used ball)

They had a sausage/bratwurst burger too that was freaking amazing.

I always laugh when they say "we play MLB rules." First off, it's the Official Baseball Rules, and second, most of them don't know NFHS rules let alone OBR. Then the umpires end up having to deal with it because we do know the rules and there are some quirks.

We have a dad who just loves to yak from behind the plate. Talks at other players/coaches/umps. Gets warned all the time. Wish our coach would sit his kid, but he won’t. Also have the one kid who talks too much. He won’t sit, either. We are 6-15 I’d rather be 4-17 than keep hearing it, but if it hasn’t happened yet, it isn’t going to. I have started using our games as an evaluation of other team, forming a list for tryouts so my boy can just play ball.

We have a dad who just loves to yak from behind the plate. Talks at other players/coaches/umps. Gets warned all the time. Wish our coach would sit his kid, but he won’t. Also have the one kid who talks too much. He won’t sit, either. We are 6-15 I’d rather be 4-17 than keep hearing it, but if it hasn’t happened yet, it isn’t going to. I have started using our games as an evaluation of other team, forming a list for tryouts so my boy can just play ball.

Must be from Oregon...

I was helping the varsity coach run one of his tournaments a couple of years ago when a kid's mom approached me to complain about the umpires.

"Can't you do anything? We play tournaments all over the country, and this is the worst umpiring I've ever seen."

I told her I needed the umpires to work the semis and the finals later that day - couldn't really get too worked up about a meaningless pool game at 8 on Sunday morning.

I kind of wanted to ask here why they were 0-2 coming into that game in our little podunk tournament if they were good enough to play "all over the country with multiple college recruits on their team." Maybe it was the umpires now that I think of it...
it might have been me umpiring, she has a valid point if that was the case. Phil always runs good tournaments though. One of the only places I will still umpire.