Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

I always had heard that at the time IH was thriving and are a big cash cow for the district and the Northridge folks wanted a newer school and closer to Northridge.

I always had heard that at the time IH was thriving and are a big cash cow for the district and the Northridge folks wanted a newer school and closer to Northridge.
IH was in really good shape in the 60s and 70s and was probably the #1 reason for the massive growth in Northridge in that period. One way or another Northeastern Local was going to have to build when they built KR, either by building that school, expanding on the current Northeastern building, or by building a much larger Northeastern facility during that time.

I believe that for the last few years where it was together in the early 70s they had split session high school with an AM group and an afternoon group to try to ease the overcrowding.

IH was in really good shape in the 60s and 70s and was probably the #1 reason for the massive growth in Northridge in that period. One way or another Northeastern Local was going to have to build when they built KR, either by building that school, expanding on the current Northeastern building, or by building a much larger Northeastern facility during that time.

I believe that for the last few years where it was together in the early 70s they had split session high school with an AM group and an afternoon group to try to ease the overcrowding.
I remember that now that you mentioned that.

That is a true story.

some new games for 2023 and beyond

Fairbanks vs Jonathan Alder week 1 (maybe?)
Southeastern vs Lehman Catholic week 2
Greenon vs Miami East week 1
Madison Plains vs Chillicothe SE week 2
Triad vs Mount Gilead week 1

rumor i heard out of Jamestown is that Adena or Miami Trace may be week 1 in 2023. no clue if there’s accuracy to that.

Mechanicsburg will likley need a new week 2 as i believe Covington was a 2 year deal.

Greenon series with Northwestern week 2 may continue beyond 2022, but not sure.

some new games for 2023 and beyond

Fairbanks vs Jonathan Alder week 1 (maybe?)
Southeastern vs Lehman Catholic week 2
Greenon vs Miami East week 1
Madison Plains vs Chillicothe SE week 2
Triad vs Mount Gilead week 1

rumor i heard out of Jamestown is that Adena or Miami Trace may be week 1 in 2023. no clue if there’s accuracy to that.

Mechanicsburg will likley need a new week 2 as i believe Covington was a 2 year deal.

Greenon series with Northwestern week 2 may continue beyond 2022, but not sure.
Fairbanks vs Jonathan Alder? Hope that one is competitive while the series lasts

any chance Mechanicsburg drops to D7? says the enrollment number for boys is 94 (before competitive balance)

OHC Divisional Breakdown:

D5: Greenon, Greeneview, Northeastern

D6: West Liberty Salem, Triad, Fairbanks, West Jefferson, Madison Plains

D7: Southeastern, Cedarville, Catholic Central, Mechanicsburg

Here are the OHC Schools...
* 2018 Numbers are in parenthesis: (Enrollment + Competitive Balance #'s)
* 2021 Numbers: Enrollment + Competitive Balance #'s and 2022 Football Division & Region:

Greenon: (169+5), 191+3 = Div V, Region 20
Greeneview: (155+3), 159+6 = Div V, Region 20
Springfield NE: (129+3), 150+9 = Div V, Region 20
Madison Plains: (167+2), 152+0 = Div VI, Region 24
West Jefferson: (152+9), 148+2 = Div VI, Region 23
West Liberty-Salem: (152+18), 135+14 = Div VI, Region 24
Fairbanks: (137+4), 146+3 = Div VI, Region 24
Triad: (138+3), 111+4, Div VI, Region 24
Mechanicsburg: (123+5), 94+18 = Div VII, Region 28
Southeastern: (97+9), 79+3 = Div VII, Region 28
Cedarville: (81+0), 74+13 = Div VII, Region 28
Springfield CC: (47+15), 51+12 = Div VII, Region 28

I was surprised by the CB #'s for Mechanicsburg and West Liberty-Salem, is this parents from the Urbana school district open enrolling into Burg or WLS? I believe West Jefferson has basically closed OE a few years ago, only those kids who were already OE into WJ were allowed to continue. Cedarville CB #'s went from 0 to 13 so something must have changed over the last 3 years. Fortunately OE does not appear to be a big concern/worry in the OHC.

As for football for the OHC:
* West Jefferson in Region 23 should be one of the favorites but the obvious clash of the titan's in Div VI is Kirtland & Marion Local.
* Mechanicsburg has to like Region 28 without a Coldwater or Marion Local but do they have enough coming back to make any noise? The numbers at the Burg is very concerning.
* Greeneview & Greenon have a chance at getting a home game or two in Region 20? Can Northeastern win a game or two in the playoffs?
Milton-Union and Valley View are the two heavy favorites in R20.
* Springfield CC could win a couple of games in R28 but with the Head Coaching change, something tells me there is concerns at SCC.

Here are the OHC Schools...
* 2018 Numbers are in parenthesis: (Enrollment + Competitive Balance #'s)
* 2021 Numbers: Enrollment + Competitive Balance #'s and 2022 Football Division & Region:

Greenon: (169+5), 191+3 = Div V, Region 20
Greeneview: (155+3), 159+6 = Div V, Region 20
Springfield NE: (129+3), 150+9 = Div V, Region 20
Madison Plains: (167+2), 152+0 = Div VI, Region 24
West Jefferson: (152+9), 148+2 = Div VI, Region 23
West Liberty-Salem: (152+18), 135+14 = Div VI, Region 24
Fairbanks: (137+4), 146+3 = Div VI, Region 24
Triad: (138+3), 111+4, Div VI, Region 24
Mechanicsburg: (123+5), 94+18 = Div VII, Region 28
Southeastern: (97+9), 79+3 = Div VII, Region 28
Cedarville: (81+0), 74+13 = Div VII, Region 28
Springfield CC: (47+15), 51+12 = Div VII, Region 28

I was surprised by the CB #'s for Mechanicsburg and West Liberty-Salem, is this parents from the Urbana school district open enrolling into Burg or WLS? I believe West Jefferson has basically closed OE a few years ago, only those kids who were already OE into WJ were allowed to continue. Cedarville CB #'s went from 0 to 13 so something must have changed over the last 3 years. Fortunately OE does not appear to be a big concern/worry in the OHC.

As for football for the OHC:
* West Jefferson in Region 23 should be one of the favorites but the obvious clash of the titan's in Div VI is Kirtland & Marion Local.
* Mechanicsburg has to like Region 28 without a Coldwater or Marion Local but do they have enough coming back to make any noise? The numbers at the Burg is very concerning.
* Greeneview & Greenon have a chance at getting a home game or two in Region 20? Can Northeastern win a game or two in the playoffs?
Milton-Union and Valley View are the two heavy favorites in R20.
* Springfield CC could win a couple of games in R28 but with the Head Coaching change, something tells me there is concerns at SCC.
every point you make is spot on.

Greeneview is a serious threat to win R20 i believe. I have a lot of confidence in the Rams this year.

Greenon won’t get a home game due to SOS, but i believe they are capable of winning a game with the right draw.

Burg is losing a lot, so don’t know what to expect. all i know is Forrest will have them ready to play.

West Jeff should be the favorite in R23, along with Fort Frye. winner probably gets Kirtland in the semis.

I do think Northeastern can win a game in R20. i like them a lot more than a bunch of the teams in the middle.

Greenon was awfully close to bumping up to D4 in football and from D3 to D2 in the sports that have four divisions. They were one boy short of being D2 in basketball again. Temporary bump, or is this going to be the norm again @ghsknightsfan ?

Greenon was awfully close to bumping up to D4 in football and from D3 to D2 in the sports that have four divisions. They were one boy short of being D2 in basketball again. Temporary bump, or is this going to be the norm again @ghsknightsfan ?
i’m expecting the norm. the classes in the elementary school are getting bigger. the village is getting younger overall (the last decade and a half, the village has only gotten older). if they approve any future housing developments then they will surely bump to D4 in football, and potentially even D3. but that’s a big IF.

i expected a bump in enrollment, but not this much!

every point you make is spot on.

Greeneview is a serious threat to win R20 i believe. I have a lot of confidence in the Rams this year.

Greenon won’t get a home game due to SOS, but i believe they are capable of winning a game with the right draw.

Burg is losing a lot, so don’t know what to expect. all i know is Forrest will have them ready to play.

West Jeff should be the favorite in R23, along with Fort Frye. winner probably gets Kirtland in the semis.

I do think Northeastern can win a game in R20. i like them a lot more than a bunch of the teams in the middle.
I would disagree with that statement. Greeneview will need to improve dramatically to compete with Milton, Valley View and for the most-part, Brookville. Those 3 should be 1,2,3 in R20. MU is absolutely loaded this year. They lost a RB that was hurt most of ‘21 and that’s pretty much it. 10-2 and lost to Eaton by a point. I could be wrong but MU and VV should play for the R20 title. VV had a coach that wasn’t the best and still had a good season. They return a really talented defense and QB. Brookville is loaded up with experience and coaching is outstanding. Shawnee is returning a load with an outstanding back that ran passed TriVillage and Roger Bacon.

I would disagree with that statement. Greeneview will need to improve dramatically to compete with Milton, Valley View and for the most-part, Brookville. Those 3 should be 1,2,3 in R20. MU is absolutely loaded this year. They lost a RB that was hurt most of ‘21 and that’s pretty much it. 10-2 and lost to Eaton by a point. I could be wrong but MU and VV should play for the R20 title. VV had a coach that wasn’t the best and still had a good season. They return a really talented defense and QB. Brookville is loaded up with experience and coaching is outstanding. Shawnee is returning a load with an outstanding back that ran passed TriVillage and Roger Bacon.
i do think Milton and Valley View will play for the regional title, as long as that’s how seeding works out. however, i think Greeneview will be the next closest team. Brookville seems to always choke in the playoffs so i can’t put them at 3 (they lost to a team that Preble Shawnee beat by 55). Preble Shawnee should be good again as long as the QB is back- he really opens up the offense.

i believe Greeneview actually went up to West Milton and upset the dogs in a playoff game not too long ago. i’m not saying it would happen again, but they always seem to peak in the playoffs under coach Haines, so they can’t be taken lightly. not to mention they return just about everyone from a team that went to the wire with Mechanicsburg.

i do think Milton and Valley View will play for the regional title, as long as that’s how seeding works out. however, i think Greeneview will be the next closest team. Brookville seems to always choke in the playoffs so i can’t put them at 3 (they lost to a team that Preble Shawnee beat by 55). Preble Shawnee should be good again as long as the QB is back- he really opens up the offense.

i believe Greeneview actually went up to West Milton and upset the dogs in a playoff game not too long ago. i’m not saying it would happen again, but they always seem to peak in the playoffs under coach Haines, so they can’t be taken lightly. not to mention they return just about everyone from a team that went to the wire with Mechanicsburg.
Different coach and it was as expected. Much respect for Greeneview. It was a 1-point game. GV came in with a 7-3 record and MU 6-4. This team in ‘22 is much, much better. Best since ‘12. Maybe better than that team.
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Ask Brookville. I believe the coaching staffs know each other due to the AD at MU being a former Wilmington College coach and graduate.
I’m not typically this confident, but this MU team SHOULD be 10-0 going into week 11. Just too many weapons. Great defense.

Seems to me after the 4th of July holiday football is here boys!! I can't wait for the season to get here . Should be a fun season for the OHC!!

Was there any SCC player(s) who followed Myers to Springfield? If so, do they have any chance of seeing the field on Friday night?
i’m guessing his son, for starters. but he won’t play QB. guessing DB/WR?

no clue about others. it’s possible some went back to Springfield, or possibly Shawnee as well