2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Benedictine is a very good football team.But the problem is the playoffs.Think about it You gotta face Teams like Hoban.So all I gotta say is the Bengals need to know Hobans Weakness

There is no doubt BENE is trying to build depth and upgrade its strength and conditioning. Bene can hang in these games, but it appears size and depth and 4th Q has been won by Hoban.

However, I would not be surprised if the Bengals drop back a Division, which they should based off enrollment. Bene was the 2nd smallest School in D2 and often played schools with 2x it’s male enrollment.

We had a higher enrollment in 2014 when we’re were Div IV than we have any of the years we have been Div II…

Bengals working hard …
A02287DA-C77A-460A-A611-F03FFFB363ED.jpeg
4DD4A299-D633-4E43-8634-0E6110646D50.jpeg
084D73DD-D9AF-4BB5-88A6-2E2CDAEF59A0.jpeg
CFCB2032-16E9-41E7-8877-EF8C8437BAD9.jpeg
FDECECDF-5736-4A0B-B1AB-1D01667405F1.jpeg

Divontae James is a lifting freak, throwing up 315 in a completely horizontal position is legit. Will be interested to see what he weighs now and how he times out in not only the 40 but also the 3 cone drill. Lines look like they are putting in the work, have not seen or heard much on the skills though.

For Gilmour. Tommy needs to be back at Benedictine.
I was at Skinnys Tavern last week. There were a few old Benedictine guys sitting near me. We got to talking. They mentioned Zagorski applied for and was skipped over for the AD job. I found that interesting. Not sure the validity or accuracy. They seemed pretty knowledgeable and confident in the statement that he applied and was skipped over for the eventual hire.

Maybe one of the more in the know guys here could confirm or deny that Zagorski did apply and was skipped over?

I was at Skinnys Tavern last week. There were a few old Benedictine guys sitting near me. We got to talking. They mentioned Zagorski applied for and was skipped over for the AD job. I found that interesting. Not sure the validity or accuracy. They seemed pretty knowledgeable and confident in the statement that he applied and was skipped over for the eventual hire.

Maybe one of the more in the know guys here could confirm or deny that Zagorski did apply and was skipped over?
Completely false...wasn't skipped over

That’s good to hear that Z didn’t apply and get overlooked. He’s a great guy. Lots of next level experience. It surprised me how confidently these men were saying he applied.
Thank you for clarifying.
He applied....got the HC job and the rest was history

Divontae James is a lifting freak, throwing up 315 in a completely horizontal position is legit. Will be interested to see what he weighs now and how he times out in not only the 40 but also the 3 cone drill. Lines look like they are putting in the work, have not seen or heard much on the skills though.
That’s 325 not 315 but I’d like to see if he benching it! Lot of trainers have kids just lifting it off bar and putting it back to get used to moving heavy weight! Not saying that’s what was happening for all I know he repped it for 20, but from pic I don’t see it, with legs out like that.
If it was one of the first two kids in pic, I’d say yeh he was repping it with legs out. Just my thoughts, those first two kids legit legit gym rats

That’s good to hear that Z didn’t apply and get overlooked. He’s a great guy. Lots of next level experience. It surprised me how confidently these men were saying he applied.
Thank you for clarifying.
Tommy applied, but he took the GA job. At the end of the day, he still wanted to Coach. I think the AD job was his if he wanted it.

That aside, my understanding was Carter was very impressive. He is the President of the Cleveland Baseball Federation.

Was told we have 3 kids definitely coming in from the follow schools for football…
Hawken
Maple Hts
Painesville-Riverside
Unfortunately don’t know the names or positions they will be playing . Maybe Fr Willie knows …

LT, Anthony Iliano picked up another Division I FCS offer from Saint Francis (PA) last week
Would expect to see Anthony pick up some MAC offers at some point. OL recruiting develops a lot later than any other position as guys fill/don't fill into their bodies and slots open up their Senior season.

Does anyone know if Jennings has hit any camps yet? What is his summer schedule? Larry Johnson doesn't roll into a school to say hi unless there is some real interest in a guy and Kareem is nowhere to be found on any national recruiting service list. Either he has posted measurables that don't make sense or he has yet to get anything official listed. Also the dude has nothing up on social media which is really weird these days. Maybe it is a strategy ?

Would expect to see Anthony pick up some MAC offers at some point. OL recruiting develops a lot later than any other position as guys fill/don't fill into their bodies and slots open up their Senior season.

Does anyone know if Jennings has hit any camps yet? What is his summer schedule? Larry Johnson doesn't roll into a school to say hi unless there is some real interest in a guy and Kareem is nowhere to be found on any national recruiting service list. Either he has posted measurables that don't make sense or he has yet to get anything official listed. Also the dude has nothing up on social media which is really weird these days. Maybe it is a strategy ?
I'm hearing Kareem is doing great....he has been in the weight room consistently since hoops and his numbers are rising....he will get offered this summer from numerous schools

Was told we have 3 kids definitely coming in from the follow schools for football…
Hawken
Maple Hts
Painesville-Riverside
Unfortunately don’t know the names or positions they will be playing . Maybe Fr Willie knows …
Hawken kid is there. Waiting on the Maple kid and the Riverside kid is going to Chardon.

Hawken kid can only play first 5 games then he must sit, even sit playoff games! can’t transfer senior year from private school to Catholic.
Something must have pissed kid off to transfer with those conditions his senior year. Wish him the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.