The Official 2022 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Vamp isn’t following again this year guys. So even though he knows exactly what happens in games…remember, he’s not watching

Tell me Brian, how am I possibly watching the REDS. I have youtubetv that doesn't even carry foxsports ohio. MLB network blackout REDS games. The only chance to see them is when they play Nationally, so again, Brian.... how am I watching the games?

Now, I do listen to WLW on my way to and from work so I do get some input.

Haha….ok not following. Remember guys, Vamp isn’t watching because he has Youtube and they aren’t (ARE) on there. But he does listen and believes the Reds would win the World Series if Joey Votto wasn’t on the team.

Better?

Very disappointing to think about the prospects the Reds could have in their system right now had they done the sensible thing and traded Mahle, Castellanos and Winker last June when they were a sub-.500 team. The value on Mahle is eroding as each day goes by. So far we’ve basically gotten Williamson and Phillips in exchange for those three. I can’t see any team giving up big-time bonafide prospects for Mahle these days. Sad.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I attended last night’s game via the $5.13 ticket deal from May 13. So many people (myself included last night) at the game don’t even pay attention to the game, and can you blame them? GABP is basically a glorified outdoor bar at this point that just happens to have stuff going on in that big grassy area in the middle.

Also, I think we figured out the absolute ceiling for weeknight attendance last night. Immaculate, comfortable weather night. Cubs in town bringing out the Cubs fans (although not nearly as many as when they’re good). The 3-2-1 promotion. And still only 14,386 paid.

The fact that Vamp calls it "foxsports ohio" is enough proof to me that he isn't watching. Fox Sports regional networks stopped existing over a year ago when Bally bought them. But he does spend a large amount of time following and commenting on something that he claims to have no interest in.

For what it's worth, I also use YoutubeTV for my regular TV streaming. In order to get access Bally Sport's app, I also have a low-end Spectrum streaming TV subscription, so that I can watch Blue Jackets hockey, Crew soccer, Reds and Cavs games. If it was just for the Reds, I would not keep paying this, but I watch the other sports as well.

I have read that Bally will be selling a streaming service direct to consumers in July/August for $19.99 per month, so that will be a nice savings for me over the extra Spectrum subscription. Only problem is that Bally's app is garbage, at least on the FireTV device. Several times per week I need to reboot the FireStick to get Bally to stream. Hopefully they fix the bugs before selling direct to consumers...

And ticket sales means what to MLB teams?? Absolutely nothing.

In Lance's Extra Innings show last night, he brought up that on May 24, 1993, 44 games into the season, Tony Perez was fired as manager by Jim Bowden. Davey Johnson took over. The Reds where the HIGHEST payroll team in the NL back then at around $43 million. What's changed?? TV money. There was no national TV contract back then.
I attended last night’s game via the $5.13 ticket deal from May 13. So many people (myself included last night) at the game don’t even pay attention to the game, and can you blame them? GABP is basically a glorified outdoor bar at this point that just happens to have stuff going on in that big grassy area in the middle.

Also, I think we figured out the absolute ceiling for weeknight attendance last night. Immaculate, comfortable weather night. Cubs in town bringing out the Cubs fans (although not nearly as many as when they’re good). The 3-2-1 promotion. And still only 14,386 paid.

Reds are now 1-3 since Votto's return..... which makes them what.... 4-26 or something like that with him.
Now 2-3 since his return, and in those 5 games he has 2 HR, 2 doubles and a triple. Both wins he had the game-winning RBIs. But sure, go ahead and blame him for the W-L record, every smart person knows 1 player wins baseball games.

Encouraging seeing Votto starting to swing the bat. Those first 30 games before he got sick, he looked bad. Missing pitiches, striking out alot. He seems locked in better now. Now we need to get some other guys to start hitting.

Good to see Castillo bounce back. He's actually pitched pretty good overall, just not getting much run support.

And ticket sales means what to MLB teams?? Absolutely nothing.

In Lance's Extra Innings show last night, he brought up that on May 24, 1993, 44 games into the season, Tony Perez was fired as manager by Jim Bowden. Davey Johnson took over. The Reds where the HIGHEST payroll team in the NL back then at around $43 million. What's changed?? TV money. There was no national TV contract back then.

That $43million in 1993 equates to a little over $86 million now. The current payroll for players on the 25 man roster is $79 million.

Now 2-3 since his return, and in those 5 games he has 2 HR, 2 doubles and a triple. Both wins he had the game-winning RBIs. But sure, go ahead and blame him for the W-L record, every smart person knows 1 player wins baseball games.

No, they went 1-4 in his first 5 games back. They won today so that makes it 2-4. Still dismal. Reds scored 20 RUNS, Votto went 0-3 with ZERO RBI's. They do not need Votto in any shape and form to score run and win games. Votto is a waste and just eating up payroll which is the main reason why the REDS do not win.

No, they went 1-4 in his first 5 games back. They won today so that makes it 2-4. Still dismal. Reds scored 20 RUNS, Votto went 0-3 with ZERO RBI's. They do not need Votto in any shape and form to score run and win games. Votto is a waste and just eating up payroll which is the main reason why the REDS do not win.
They also won last night. 3-4 with Votto back. One in Toronto, yesterday and today.

One of the greatest Reds of all time and you're doing this???
No, they went 1-4 in his first 5 games back. They won today so that makes it 2-4. Still dismal. Reds scored 20 RUNS, Votto went 0-3 with ZERO RBI's. They do not need Votto in any shape and form to score run and win games. Votto is a waste and just eating up payroll which is the main reason why the REDS do not wi

Let's get 2 of 3 this weekend vs. the Giants!! Ashcraft today, TBA tomorrow and Mahle Sunday. Bullpen game tomorrow?

That was kinda a deflating loss today. Started with Farmer being called out at home. Unraveled from there.
Yeah. Wasn't watching but had radio on during an errand. I heard that review on the Farmer play and the 8th inning disaster supplied by Hoffman and Warren. Mahle deserved better.

WTF?
Pham must be straight psycho. Holding a grudge over fantasy football (or an insult, or whatever) for months and then just slapping the guy is insane. Solid FA signing for a mere $6M.

Warren has 3 SVs and 3 BSs in 6 opportunities. Only thing that tells me is he has no business being in game in a save situation.