Paul McMillan IV

Interesting choice for someone with his basketball credentials. Threw a real curve ball at 24/7, Rivals and all the other recruiting sites.
Woodward is a Technical School or offers some of those type of things I think. Maybe he found something he is passionate about in that area. Can never be to educated. Hopefully he stays there long enough to earn his degree.

Most of his early offers were pulled....let's hope the distance humbles him, but sounding like momma already said it's been worked out to be at all his games? Surprised if he stays more than a year at NJIT......

Most of his early offers were pulled....let's hope the distance humbles him, but sounding like momma already said it's been worked out to be at all his games? Surprised if he stays more than a year at NJIT......
why offers pulled?

Dad an issue?
I don't know for sure, just speculating... but I would assume it was partly Dad. He was also at 3 different high schools/prep schools in 4 years, multiple AAU teams during his high school career and even within the same summer. Guessing college coaches looked at the total picture and decided the talent didn't out weigh all the other stuff.

Also, he is a really good high school player and probably could be good at the right level in college. But he isn't super athletic. Most high major guards are freak athletes. The great thing is we will find out. He will have a chance to play against some high major team in college and we will see what he can do.

Being a coach and talent evaluator for years, although a great high school player I believe he was not a hi-major player but definitely a low D1 at best. At his size he wasn't explosive enough and struggled to score in the paint against bigger, athletic guys when getting to the rim and that doesn't equate to success at a mid to hi D1 level. He's a great defender, and can dominate guys his size or slower however his career and talent along with his obvious academics has gotten him to the highest level of amateur basketball and it's D1. Go where you gonna play. Good choice.
I also heard dad's agenda killed some of his recruitment as well.

Being a coach and talent evaluator for years, although a great high school player I believe he was not a hi-major player but definitely a low D1 at best. At his size he wasn't explosive enough and struggled to score in the paint against bigger, athletic guys when getting to the rim and that doesn't equate to success at a mid to hi D1 level. He's a great defender, and can dominate guys his size or slower however his career and talent along with his obvious academics has gotten him to the highest level of amateur basketball and it's D1. Go where you gonna play. Good choice.
I also heard dad's agenda killed some of his recruitment as well.
agenda? Like wanting a job?

agenda? Like wanting a job?
basketball wives nodding head GIF by VH1

This choice was mainly about academics and life after basketball. I wish him the best.
As opposed to which of his other options? Almost all his options were low/mid major schools. The high majors all backed off. I wish the kid the best also, but let’s not act like he turned down Ohio St. or UC to go to NJIT.

Paul McMillian III - also had a odd career. When to Wabash community college and returned home very quick. Then went to Miami Middletown to play his sophomore year and sit out a year to earn grades then actually went D1 from Miami Middletown (only player ever to go D1 from Miami Middletown?) to Loyola of Chicago. His junior year was Horizon League Newcomer Of The Year as he lead the leagues in rebounds.

Paul McMillian III - also had a odd career. When to Wabash community college and returned home very quick. Then went to Miami Middletown to play his sophomore year and sit out a year to earn grades then actually went D1 from Miami Middletown (only player ever to go D1 from Miami Middletown?) to Loyola of Chicago. His junior year was Horizon League Newcomer Of The Year as he lead the leagues in rebounds.
And that’s the other piece. With the transfer portal now, if McMillian goes to NJIT and plays really well then he will probably move on to a bigger program.

It’s always amusing reading some of the nonsense people post without any knowledge. @Kurt Rambis a job…. Dude you must not know anything about me. I’ve never ask a college or college coach for a job, nor did I have any agenda. I do quite well financially partner! @OnTheLine85 daddyball? Again another person that has no clue. I DEMANDED NOTHING FROM ANY COLLEGE! To even say this is silly and has absolutely no merits.
How about this: I’ve done nothing but put my son in a position to be successful on and off the court! If that makes me a bad parent, so be it. But keep in mind this is not our first child to play HS basketball. My wife and I have a child that graduated from Bucknell, another that could have went to Cornell but choose a HBCU and graduated, and now a child going to NJIT. (Another great academic school) so I think we have done pretty darn good lol ?
How about discussing the many coaches that initially offered Paul at HM schools, that are no longer at those schools for various reasons…. Did you ever consider that? Point is this; maybe some think Paul isn’t good enough; and that’s totally ok. Its apart of the process. But to say his dad brings a circus, or he went to to many schools, (which 100s of kids change schools every year in HS and College “portal” is just silly!

Try having facts to support sports based conversations, instead of saying that you heard, or speculating. ??‍♂️??

Last edited:
It’s always amusing reading some of the nonsense people post without any knowledge. @Kurt Rambis a job…. Dude you must not know anything about me. I’ve never ask a college or college coach for a job, nor did I have any agenda. I do quite well financially partner! @OnTheLine85 daddyball? Again another person that has no clue. I DEMANDED NOTHING FROM ANY COLLEGE! To even say this is silly and has absolutely no merits.
How about this: I’ve done nothing but put my son in a position to be successful on and off the court! If that makes me a bad parent, so be it. But keep in mind this is not our first child to play HS basketball. My wife and I have a child that graduated from Bucknell, another that could have went to Cornell but choose a HBCU and graduated, and now a child going to NJIT. (Another great academic school) so I think we have done pretty darn good lol ?
How about discussing the many coaches that initially offered Paul at HM schools, that are no longer at those schools for various reasons…. Did you ever consider that? Point is this; maybe some think Paul isn’t good enough; and that’s totally ok. Its apart of the process. But to say his dad brings a circus, or he went to to many schools, (which 100s of kids change schools every year in HS and College “portal” is just silly!

Try having facts to support sports based conversations, instead of saying that you heard, or speculating. ??‍♂️??
I don't know you and was not saying you were the "daddy ball" guy - I was just saying there are a bunch of them.

I was just saying some of the coaches, alot of them dads, are out there brokering deals for themselves as well. I have zero knowledge of your personal circumstance. But I do wish you and your son well, assuming you're really his dad.

Congrats Paul on raising some great kids. Valedictorian is an amazing accomplishment. A dear friend of mine is a biology professor at Bucknell…fantastic school!…Good luck to Paul 4th at NJIT…I will keep an eye out for his games, stats etc like I do for most Cincy young men and women. We all love hoops here so I hope he takes it as far as he can…but after that the education and experience will take him even farther.

The kid was a 4.0 co-valedictorian with the option to play at an Ivy League School (Penn). For those attacking his dad, post your kid’s academic credentials on here. I would say dad did better than most in raising his child … bravo
Couple of post above I was not attaching his dad (if that is what NickLarkin4 Pres is thinking). I was just saying he took an odd path to D1 and he had a great career and got diploma