2022 St. Ignatius Football

Wasn’t sure how the incoming football class would be with Kyle turning program over? Wasn’t sure if some might go to Ed’s just because of the turnover!
I don’t think so. Ed’s has won 5 state championships over 11 years but have lost to Ignatius in freshmen games and varsity games over the years. Still plenty of alumni sending their boys to follow their footsteps.

I don’t think so. Ed’s has won 5 state championships over 11 years but have lost to Ignatius in freshmen games and varsity games over the years. Still plenty of alumni sending their boys to follow their footsteps.
I agree with alumni still loyal. My point is state title combined with turnover at the top. Just two studs a year switching from iggy to st Ed’s . Could be a major problem for a team that has been losing to Ed’s in recent years. Just a thought both schools have incredible history, but just a few studs switching could set iggy back a few years. Just a thought ? agree? Disagree? Or over thinking?

I agree with alumni still loyal. My point is state title combined with turnover at the top. Just two studs a year switching from iggy to st Ed’s . Could be a major problem for a team that has been losing to Ed’s in recent years. Just a thought both schools have incredible history, but just a few studs switching could set iggy back a few years. Just a thought ? agree? Disagree? Or over thinking?
Overthinking in my opinion. St. Ignatius will always be competitive in football. Most alums were hoe should I say, spoiled a bit during the glory years.

Once again not saying iggy won’t be top 10 team in state
I’m saying a couple flips due to head coach change and st Ed’s title and recent dominance and Ed’s can seperate themselves even more.
Or will new coach get couple kids to flip back to iggy?

Last edited:
So who's 'flipping'? You've posted that a few times.

How many football players have switched from Eds to Ignatius or Ignatius to Eds? I can’t think of a single one.

Franzinger taking over won't bring back the glory years.

So who's 'flipping'? You've posted that a few times.

How many football players have switched from Eds to Ignatius or Ignatius to Eds? I can’t think of a single one.

Franzinger taking over won't bring back the glory years.
Didn’t say anyone was flipping! I was wondering if Ignatious hiring a new coach would help or hinder?
Especially with st Ed’s recent dominance and state titles. Just a few kids flipping one way or another could tip the balance. I like the idea of one dominant school out of northeast Ohio. More national publicity. I have no idea who’s even coming in the freshman classes of either school.
If anyone has any insight on that. I do know Ed’s usually has two freshman football teams and iggy only has one. So I assume Ed’s gets more kids in program. And even more reason to believe if just two incoming studs comes or goes from iggy due to new coach. That could dramatically hurt or help.
Thought it was worth a discussion. When Ryan day came to Ohio state everyone seemed to stay and carry on business as usual. But Ohio state was at top iggy is just a notch below. Sorry long post

Last edited:
Didn’t say anyone was flipping! I was wondering if Ignatious hiring a new coach would help or hinder?
Especially with st Ed’s recent dominance and state titles. Just a few kids flipping one way or another could tip the balance. I like the idea of one dominant school out of northeast Ohio. More national publicity. I have no idea who’s even coming in the freshman classes of either school.
If anyone has any insight on that. I do know Ed’s usually has two freshman football teams and iggy only has one. So I assume Ed’s gets more kids in program. And even more reason to believe if just two incoming studs comes or goes from iggy due to new coach. That could dramatically hurt or help.
Thought it was worth a discussion. When Ryan day came to Ohio state everyone seemed to stay and carry on business as usual. But Ohio state was at top iggy is just a notch below. Sorry long post
So, in summary, you are new here and juat a troll. How do I know that? Well after someone mentions the Iggy nomenclature you follow that up with "Ignatious".....

Congratulations to Darian Kinnard '18 being selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 5th round of the NFL Draft!

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 2.55.56 PM.png

Can’t believe it’s Coach Kyle’s last year. Can only imagine the going away party St. Ignatius will put on for him. He’s a legend!

Does Springfield have a lot coming back? Ignatius absolutely choked that game. I don't see that as a sure loss.

Same with Moeller. Eds yes. Probably Hoban and St X as it's tough to win down there.

From what I have read on Yappi, Springfield has a senior QB transfer coming in and some talented receivers coming back. Hopefully, this doesn’t upset their number one fan, but I wouldn’t expect too much from the defensive side.

CLEVELAND ST. IGNATIUS
1 - (H) Springfield
2 - (H) Mentor
3 - @ Mount St. Joseph (MD)
4 - (H) Euclid
5 - @ Akron Hoban
6 - @ River Rouge (MI)
7 - (H) Lakewood St. Edward
8 - (H) Cincinnati Moeller
9 - @ Cincinnati St. Xavier
10 - OPEN

I’m optimistic about Franzinger becoming the head coach. After all, he was hand picked by someone who knows a lot about football.

And, his Defensive unit performed beyond expectations last year.

Does Springfield have a lot coming back? Ignatius absolutely choked that game. I don't see that as a sure loss.

Same with Moeller. Eds yes. Probably Hoban and St X as it's tough to win down there.
Springfield has about 13 starters returning with a 3 star transfer at qb

I’m optimistic about Franzinger becoming the head coach. After all, he was hand picked by someone who knows a lot about football.

And, his Defensive unit performed beyond expectations last year.
He did an excellent job with the defense last year. I too think the program will be in good hands. The dynastic run of the '90's Wildcats under Kyle is a level of success I don't believe we will ever see again, from any program. But with the healthy student body that Ignatius maintains, there is no reason that sustained success with the occasional championship run should not be feasible.

CLEVELAND ST. IGNATIUS
1 - (H) Springfield
2 - (H) Mentor
3 - @ Mount St. Joseph (MD)
4 - (H) Euclid
5 - @ Akron Hoban
6 - @ River Rouge (MI)
7 - (H) Lakewood St. Edward
8 - (H) Cincinnati Moeller
9 - @ Cincinnati St. Xavier
10 - OPEN
Yikes. Interesting 10 is open. Wonder if trying to arrange a appropriate opponent for what could be the farewell

Yikes. Interesting 10 is open. Wonder if trying to arrange a appropriate opponent for what could be the farewell
Yikes is right! How or where doi you find an opponent this late in year? Usually most teams play conference rival week 10.
Hopefully they find a game, kids deserve 10 games
Plus the the farewell
Best of luck , hopefully a big year from ignatius

Last edited:
Sad News - Matt Roggenburk '86 -- RIP

As most Ignatius alums/fans are on the FB forum, passing along this sad news of the sudden passing away of Matt Roggenburk ’86.
All-Ohio in basketball, St. Ignatius athletics hall-of-fame inductee in 2020, played 4 years at Creighton.