Minster in 2022 ?

DubPub88

How will Minster be in the 2022 season? Will they be better than 1-9?

Their only win in 2021 was against a club team.

How will Minster be in the 2022 season? Will they be better than 1-9?

Their only win in 2021 was against a club team.
Stokes left for a reason . May be it was just time and he never became part of the community or entrenched and it just ran it’s course . And he may have left even with a fuller more experienced cupboard . I think it’s a bit of both . It was time and he knew winning was going to be tougher and wanted another challenge anyway . (. Last season there was meh). He elevated won a couple titles benefitting from not having to beat the other top dogs in the MAC in the playoffs because they were in different divisions . Beating Kirtland was epic . Great game . He had a few difference makers up there who ended up being the difference in the couple great playoff runs . He arrived at Coffman after massive graduation depletion . A ton of talent as well . Total rebuild . We saw the results ., Hopefully this year is better at both Coffman and Minster . A lot of good folks up there . Really nice community and and I know and or met a few Dublin folks with Minster roots . Really solid people .

Last edited:
Almost the entire lineup will be a year older. And it seems unlikely that the rash of injuries Minster has not seen in years will repeat.

I would almost guantee they will be better. By how much is the big question.

Imo I think they'll be 2-8 with wins over Parkway and Fort Recovery. The ? Game would be St Paris Graham in week 2. At least 1 year away from competitiveness. They were super young. Qb will be a sophomore. He reminds me of Brody Hoying a little bit but he has to develop. They'll get there just give them time.

I’ll be surprised if Minster isn’t at least 5-5 next year.
Where do you see 5 wins? I agree with StateChamp 2-8 or 3-7, I guess maybe 4 if guys have really developed quickly. The qb and a couple of those other young guys are going to be studs, hopefully they stay healthy! I never liked the idea of playing a lot of snaps as a Freshman in the MAC, especially in a position where you are talking a lot of hits. But as long as they stay healthy the future is bright.

Minster's schedule is
Week 1) at Fort Loramie
Week 2) Graham
Week 3) at Marion Local
Week 4) Fort Recovery
Week 5) at Anna
Week 6) St. Henry
Week 7) at Parkway
Week 8) Delphos St. John's
Week 9) at New Bremen
Week 10) Versailles

They can beat Graham, Fort Recovery, Parkway, Delphos St. John's. 4-6 would be best-case scenario?

Minster's schedule is
Week 1) at Fort Loramie
Week 2) Graham
Week 3) at Marion Local
Week 4) Fort Recovery
Week 5) at Anna
Week 6) St. Henry
Week 7) at Parkway
Week 9) at New Bremen
Week 10) Versailles

They can beat Graham, Fort Recovery, Parkway, Delphos St. John's. 4-6 would be best-case scenario?
Not sure what Loramie has coming back, QB and the big WR......not sure what else.

heard couple more kids have decided to go out, those freshman and Soph, that played alot of ball last year are a year older, and can't have 15-16 kids standing on the sideline in jeans with the injuries that they had last year....

Minster's schedule is
Week 1) at Fort Loramie
Week 2) Graham
Week 3) at Marion Local
Week 4) Fort Recovery
Week 5) at Anna
Week 6) St. Henry
Week 7) at Parkway
Week 9) at New Bremen
Week 10) Versailles

In addition to the four you listed, I see Anna and St. Henry as possible wins.

Not sure what Loramie has coming back, QB and the big WR......not sure what else.

heard couple more kids have decided to go out, those freshman and Soph, that played alot of ball last year are a year older, and can't have 15-16 kids standing on the sideline in jeans with the injuries that they had last year....
A lot of experience in the trenches will be gone and there is a chance the QB doesn't play in order to focus on basketball. Eilerman (the big WR) will be back for sure though. I am not really sure how to gauge this upcoming season but as of right now I wouldn't call that a guaranteed loss for Minster (as much as I would like it to be).

Hope Minster gets it turned around this year….football season is just a lil better when Minster is good - makes for some really get banter up that way ?

It is always hard to predict how much the record of a MAC team will improve. If you are at or near the bottom of the MAC, it is possible to improve a bunch, but not move much in the standings. The competition is often so good that a program has to make major bounds of improvement before the record follows.

A lot of experience in the trenches will be gone and there is a chance the QB doesn't play in order to focus on basketball. Eilerman (the big WR) will be back for sure though. I am not really sure how to gauge this upcoming season but as of right now I wouldn't call that a guaranteed loss for Minster (as much as I would like it to be).
first i heard of the QB situation, so how good is the boy at basketball? I'm sure he is doing the AAU thing..... does he also play baseball?

It is always hard to predict how much the record of a MAC team will improve. If you are at or near the bottom of the MAC, it is possible to improve a bunch, but not move much in the standings. The competition is often so good that a program has to make major bounds of improvement before the record follows.
DSJ went 2 - 8 in 07, 13 - 2 in 08 and won state. In H.S. football one year makes a big difference.

DSJ went 2 - 8 in 07, 13 - 2 in 08 and won state. In H.S. football one year makes a big difference.
They also went 13-2 and won state in 2005 and went 6-4 in 2006 with two close losses to state champions. 2007 was an anomaly year for a program that was up, likely due to injuries if I had to guess. Today's DSJ team could make a nice improvement from the last couple of seasons and you might not see it in the record, as it would take a big jump to challenge teams like Marion Local, Coldwater, Versailles, New Bremen, etc.

The question is, was 2021 an anomaly year for Minster? Time will tell.

I’m curious about other freshman starting quarterbacks in the MAC? The only one that comes to mind in recent memory is Bornhorst from New Bremen, and he couldn’t play quarterback his senior year due to a shoulder injury. Any others come to mind?

I’m curious about other freshman starting quarterbacks in the MAC? The only one that comes to mind in recent memory is Bornhorst from New Bremen, and he couldn’t play quarterback his senior year due to a shoulder injury. Any others come to mind?
not sure there have been many, may have been some that weren't starters at the beginning of the year, but due to injuries, have had to play. You don't do well if you have Freshman starting ( sophmores too) in the Mac....

They also went 13-2 and won state in 2005 and went 6-4 in 2006 with two close losses to state champions. 2007 was an anomaly year for a program that was up, likely due to injuries if I had to guess. Today's DSJ team could make a nice improvement from the last couple of seasons and you might not see it in the record, as it would take a big jump to challenge teams like Marion Local, Coldwater, Versailles, New Bremen, etc.

The question is, was 2021 an anomaly year for Minster? Time will tell.
it will be interesting to see how Bremen is, they just went thru two pretty good classes of football players the last two years....winning breeds confidence......

I believe Todd Boeckman was a starting frosh QB when St. Henry went to the title game in 1999.

Pre-MAC, I think Jason Turner started as a frosh for Versailles in 1993 but I may be off on that.

Jason Turner didn't start his Freshman year at QB. He started as a Sophomore and lost first game to ML and never lost again.
It has been told that Coach Hetrick once said," the only mistake I ever made was not starting him as a Freshman."

Jason Turner didn't start his Freshman year at QB. He started as a Sophomore and lost first game to ML and never lost again.
It has been told that Coach Hetrick once said," the only mistake I ever made was not starting him as a Freshman."
did Turner go on to play sports in College, one of the better athletes to come out of Versailles......

Minster's schedule is
Week 1) at Fort Loramie
Week 2) Graham
Week 3) at Marion Local
Week 4) Fort Recovery
Week 5) at Anna
Week 6) St. Henry
Week 7) at Parkway
Week 9) at New Bremen
Week 10) Versailles

Minster is a team of intrigue this year for sure. i see a 2-8 or 3-7 record. Still an awfully young team and in the MAC I just don’t see them making a big improvement record wise. I see maybe wins over graham, anna, parkway, maybe Delphos but all those games could go either way. I think the wildcats are in for another year of some trouble. that coach over there doesn’t have much to work with right now

I have some longtime buddies from ft. loramie and they said it seems like every year there’s questions as to whether or not the qb is playing, but he has played every year so far. My buddies seemed pretty confident he’ll be suiting up next season. Eilerman will be great for the skins to get back, he’s a great receiver. Hopefully we can see a new bremen loramje matchup in the playoffs, I think that’s be a great matchup

Imo I think they'll be 2-8 with wins over Parkway and Fort Recovery. The ? Game would be St Paris Graham in week 2. At least 1 year away from competitiveness. They were super young. Qb will be a sophomore. He reminds me of Brody Hoying a little bit but he has to develop. They'll get there just give them time.
What’s coldwater returning this szn?

did Turner go on to play sports in College, one of the better athletes to come out of Versailles......
Jason went to Ohio State to be a left handed pitcher for the baseball team. Pitching didn't work out but he became a multi year starter in right field for Thee Ohio State Buckeyes.
Drafted by the Yankees after college and played in the minor league for a year or two, I believe .

What’s coldwater returning this szn?
Tackles: Return both.
Evan Homan 6'2'' 251 Lb Senior
Will Fox 6'1 254 Lb Senior

Guards/Centers: Whoever steps up at camp really. But definitely Braden Klosterman (5' 10" 222 LB Senior) will get one of the guard spots or play Center like his older brother.

Tight end: Luke Schwieterman (6'7" 157 Lb Junior) replaces Jesse Meyer

Wide receivers:

Evan Harlamert 6' 140 Lb Senior
Blade Buschur 6'2" 141 Lb Senior
Braylen Harlamert 5'8" 123 Lb Junior
Curtis Duerr 5'7" 136 Lb Senior

Honestly we have a lot of viable receivers and i didnt list them all. The scrimmages will be a treat!

Quarterback:
Marcel Blasingame 6'1" 168 Lb Senior

Backed up by Braxton Howell 6' 150 Lb Junior

Running back:
Luke Sudhoff 5'9" 157 Lb Senior
Jack Ebbing 5'9" 142 Lb Junior

DT/DE: Return a few pieces in Braden Klosterman and Will Fox. Might also see Evan Homan join the mix. Depends who else steps up.

Linebacker: Return Luke Sudhoff.

Newcomers I can see being Jack Ebbing, Kenny Bailey: (6'3" 170 Lb junior), and Justin Kaup (6'1" 177 Lb senior)

Corners/Safetys:
Return Evan Harlamert and Marcel Blasingame. Jack Broering (6' 164 lb Senior) could earn some playing time and Curtis Duerr and Seth Stewart (5'9" 148 Lb Senior) as well

Again I could be surprised by some newcomers

Last edited:
I might be a bit bias here but Coach Seth Whiting is the right guy for the Minster job. I'm so happy to see him in the community, and supporting Minster as a whole.

Minster needs to believe in Whiting and "buy in" he's a hell of a coach, turned around programs he's been at. Minster was a young team this season. They will only get better. I wish nothing but the best for him and this program. Some of my best years was being around Seth.

Minster has some fans in the A!

I might be a bit bias here but Coach Seth Whiting is the right guy for the Minster job. I'm so happy to see him in the community, and supporting Minster as a whole.

Minster needs to believe in Whiting and "buy in" he's a hell of a coach, turned around programs he's been at. Minster was a young team this season. They will only get better. I wish nothing but the best for him and this program. Some of my best years was being around Seth.

Minster has some fans in the A!
thats great to hear..... nothing but good things from what I hear around town, and I too feel, that he will do great things here in Minster, and not just in the football program....

I think you heard wrong about Maurer. You are dead wrong. Kid loves playing football.