Cincinnati Jobs

Per their Twitter account, Talawanda has hired 2014 Grad Connor Roberts to be their next head coach. I’m not sure on his background

Who do you hear is accurate? I’m not disagreeing as I think those 3 would not prosper at Indian Hill. Gentry - IH isn’t an open enrollment district. Kerr - not a great track record on dealing with parents. Neal - just retired from coaching at Roger Bacon and a lot of it because of the extra stuff he had to do.

Deer Park wasn't open enrollment either, which is why their title should always have an asterisk.

I can see it now. Gentry brings in Ravon Griffith from Taft, Tyler McKinley from Walnut Hills and Paul McMillan IV from Woodward (as a graduate transfer). Who will be cleaning up the confetti on Drake Road from the State Champions motorcade parade?

Some P&G transplants are going to move into an apartment on Kenwood Rd and will be quite surprised when the next door unit is full of rowdy 17 and 18-year old kids who are all living together with no parental supervision.

Who do you hear is accurate? I’m not disagreeing as I think those 3 would not prosper at Indian Hill. Gentry - IH isn’t an open enrollment district. Kerr - not a great track record on dealing with parents. Neal - just retired from coaching at Roger Bacon and a lot of it because of the extra stuff he had to do.
I dont think Kerr is their style of coach. I think he knows his style wont fly.

Neal. Just retired. Like really retired. Not sure if his son is playiong in college or not. He is also a bit of a hothead on the bench. Not IH's style.

Gentry. He's NEVER won without transfers. The IH parents wouldn't even let him get to game 1 if he brought people in that took playing time from their babies.

Never say never. Hearing an interesting current D1 HC name for Indian Hill.

I dont think Kerr is their style of coach. I think he knows his style wont fly.

Neal. Just retired. Like really retired. Not sure if his son is playiong in college or not. He is also a bit of a hothead on the bench. Not IH's style.

Gentry. He's NEVER won without transfers. The IH parents wouldn't even let him get to game 1 if he brought people in that took playing time from their babies.

Never say never. Hearing an interesting current D1 HC name for Indian Hill.
What league?

I heard from multiple people this past weekend that Coach Burch is a finalist for Goshen. Have to assume he'll get it if that's the case.

That dude wouldn't last 5 minutes at IH. The first time he slaps a player on the back of the head he would be walked out of the gym in cuffs.
I agree, but right now the rest of the ECC is kind of meh on the sidelines in terms of "interesting" not whether they are good coaches.

That dude wouldn't last 5 minutes at IH. The first time he slaps a player on the back of the head he would be walked out of the gym in cuffs.
It's funny you brought up Coach Hill, as I'm not sure how many people know that he was a finalist for the St. X job a couple of years ago and he would've been coaching my kid.. He would do a great job wherever he goes, because he can coach and the kids love playing for him. He is fiery, but doesn't cross the line physically with his players. I doubt he goes anywhere for at least the next 2-3 years, as he has a great situation at Walnut Hills, with a lot of returning talent.

Last edited:
It's funny you brought up Coach Hill, as I'm not sure how many people know that he was approached for the St. X job a couple of years ago and would've been coaching my kid.. He would do a great job wherever he goes, because he can coach and the kids love playing for him. He is fiery, but doesn't cross the line physically with his players. I doubt he goes anywhere for at least the next 2-3 years, as he has a great situation at Walnut Hills, with a lot of returning talent.
he applied and didnt get it. He and Noscza were the final 2. Both excellent, IMO

Ricardo Hill is an excellent Coach who kids do really love to play for. I think he stays at Walnut for a few my years because he does have some talent to work with. Indian Hill still open seems odd and West Clermont Athletics sounds like a cluster____ck!