Stark County 2022

Central is 0-2. Maybe they can pick up their 1st win against power house Lake Central Christian…

18108A56-3BFA-400B-B9CE-852B432F2765.gif

BASEBALL

Massillon 2, McKinley 0

Massillon - 100 - 100 - 0 — 2 - 3 - 2

McKinley - 000 - 000 - 0 — 0 - 3 - 2

Rue and Hoobler. Martinez and Stokoe. W: Rue 2-0. L: Martinez 0-2. Notes: Shane Rue (Mas) 7 IPs, 3 hits, 4 Ks. Nate Martinez (McK) 7 IPs, 3 hits, 1 ER, 9 Ks. Records: Massillon 3-2, McKinley 4-4.

And they're scheduled to face each other Wednesday (13th) at Jackson.
It hard to say who would win this. A lot depends on the pitching matchup.
Jackson plays #14 St Ignatius tomorrow.
Marlington doesn't play tomorrow but is scheduled to play D3 #18 Ottawa Hills on Friday and D2 #1 Hamilton Badin on Saturday

Followed it up with beating D2 state champs with multiple D1 commits. Is that decent? I expect silence. (for any idiots that might say Hoban threw junk. SP was clocked at 89).
Kid that pitched for Hoban does not throw 89 ... CCC followed up defeat of very inconsistent Hoban team by losing to STVM ... CCC coach is dating with a few high maintenance kids and parents ...

Jackson 5
Marlington 4

That's Marlington's first loss.

CCC followed up win over .500 Hoban team by losing to STVM ... imploded in the 7th inning of a tie game ... pitcher made two errors trying to field his position ... CCC has a couple High maintenance kids and parents that Coach Maz is welcoming to the CCC way of play ... Kid that pitched for Hoban against CCC does NOT throw 89 ... ridiculous

CCC followed up win over .500 Hoban team by losing to STVM ... imploded in the 7th inning of a tie game ... pitcher made two errors trying to field his position ... CCC has a couple High maintenance kids and parents that Coach Maz is welcoming to the CCC way of play ... Kid that pitched for Hoban against CCC does NOT throw 89 ... ridiculous
Browning was throwing in the low 80s (80-83) at the PBR Invitational in Toledo.

Last edited:
Landon last yr was 87 but I guess this soph was 80 now? Kid was throwing upper 80s when I saw him vs CCC. He gave up 1 hit in 5 innings. Y'all are jokers. Here is Landon's PBR from 2021. He is a good pitcher and y'all just can't accept CCC beat a good pitcher. Also, he is on the Ohio Warhawks. Oddly the only Ohio kid which is a complement. It is a national team.
I wasn't making it up. I said 80-83.
Here's his report from the PBR Jerry Baumgarner Invitational on April 2, 2022. They were actually at the game.
and here:

Baseball's tough to predict.
On Friday Marlington lost to Ottawa Hills, a highly ranked D3 team, by the score of 15-11.
On Saturday Ottawa Hills lost to D4 Lincolnview 7-1.
Marlington rebounded to beat D2 #1 Hamilton Badin 6-3.

I guess it all depends on pitching matchups as the Dukes pitched their ace Tommy Skelding on Saturday.
Lincolnview pitched their #1 and OSU commit, Landon Price, to beat Ottawa Hills.

LOL you don't even know Maz then. He doesn't care or even deal with parents. In fact, if a parent even talked to him i'd guess their son would be benched. He is so old school. He doesn't care. He wants the best kids on the field unlike another local team with "2" Varsities full of politics. No politics at CCC. BTW that pitcher was a soph. I am sure he will learn.
that was my point ... the so called 97 exit veto player has been pulled three times this year for a pinch hitter and really is a HS DH ... he is a defensive liability

It happens even as a sr, college, mlb. I looked at both kids profiles. I was shocked they are 2024s. Those boys will be fine. Are they even 16 yet? Browning looks dominate. Morrison looks like a slugger, Anyway, WOW and I don't see why anyone would doubt the 87 boy pitching and the other boy same age slamming 97 exit velo? I think those 2 2024s would start on every team in Ohio. People are petty. Don't hate on kids. I may pay a few bucks to watch boys like them play.
Browning is a really good pitcher but throwing one pitch 87 doesn't mean he can stay at that speed for multiple innings and or throw 89 ... just pointing out the obvious ...

CCC is overrated, beat a .500 team throwing maybe their 3rd best pitcher and they think they are best thing since sliced bread.