How will Kirtland look in 2022?

jdemell2

I know they graduated a ton of talent. Anyone have an information on what they have back and what is expected?

In the state title game, 8 of their 22 starting positions were held by underclassmen (freshmen through juniors). That number is relatively high as compared to previous years, so that is an encouraging sign.

The number means nothing though if they don’t put together another strong offseason. It should be interesting seeing them go back to D6 & who else joins them (I think Versailles is a lock & Garaway could as well as they return a lot).
I know they graduated a ton of talent. Anyone have an information on what they have back and what is expected?
As a fan, it always pops in my mind by the end of the season, “I don’t know how they could possibly replace so-and-so.” But the kids & coaches seem to rise to the occasion time & time again. This season will be interesting, and I look forward to watching it play out.

In the state title game, 8 of their 22 starting positions were held by underclassmen (freshmen through juniors). That number is relatively high as compared to previous years, so that is an encouraging sign.

The number means nothing though if they don’t put together another strong offseason. It should be interesting seeing them go back to D6 & who else joins them (I think Versailles is a lock & Garaway could as well as they return a lot).

As a fan, it always pops in my mind by the end of the season, “I don’t know how they could possibly replace so-and-so.” But the kids & coaches seem to rise to the occasion time & time again. This season will be interesting, and I look forward to watching it play out.
Versailles i think lost 18-19 starters, but have some good young pups coming up

Versailles i think lost 18-19 starters, but have some good young pups coming up
I think you are right. Both sides graduate superb senior classes this spring. I think I heard back in December from a MAC fan that Versailles’ JV either went undefeated or had one loss last year; which is a pretty good sign of things to come.

Versailles’ senior class though reminds me some of Marion Local’s class of 2018 that won states in football & basketball. I saw the Tigers had an excellent season in basketball this winter as well, so that is what made me think of comparing the two.

I think you are right. Both sides graduate superb senior classes this spring. I think I heard back in December from a MAC fan that Versailles’ JV either went undefeated or had one loss last year; which is a pretty good sign of things to come.

Versailles’ senior class though reminds me some of Marion Local’s class of 2018 that won states in football & basketball. I saw the Tigers had an excellent season in basketball this winter as well, so that is what made me think of comparing the two.
on that note with so many seniors starting on Varsity, lots a JUNIORS played JV ball, which is what a program wants to get to...

I don’t think Kirtland had a JV team last year, just a freshman team. I was told that by another CVC coach.