2022 WOAC

That's really difficult for Arcanum, especially after so many coaching moves have already taken place. Losing a star QB, a head coach with a very specific system, coupled with the timing, it's not ideal. In reality, this probably does put Arcanum more towards the middle of the pack and leaves the WOAC top tier to Tri-Village and Preble Shawnee.

Ouch that hurts Arcanum for sure. South had a coach leave in the spring what like a season or two ago. It is tough on the AD to scramble and find a head coach. It sounds like they have some capable staff that can fill in for next season, that would be the best way to go. I had heard some rumors that the boy might be leaving the district, but I did not know that it would be a package deal.

Powers (head coach before Shondlmeyer) is still a teacher in the building and an assistant on staff

The HS principal (head coach between Shandlmeyer’s first stint and Powers) is also currently an assistant on staff

It’d be interesting if one of the 2 previous head coaches became the head coach again.
Word is Powers has a kid at Greenville so he's going there
The principal ran the program down pretty bad as hc before so I doubt they have him back unless desperate
Only other coach left on staff is young
This guy really screwed Arcanum and the next coach by leaving this late
There are some Arcanum alum out there coaching.. Macy at Ansonia?

2 other guys worth mentioning, because of their Arcanum ties. That's not saying that they have any interest at all...

Wolfe, who just took the Dixie job. Cates, who is currently at Vandalia Butler.

Word is Powers has a kid at Greenville so he's going there
The principal ran the program down pretty bad as hc before so I doubt they have him back unless desperate
Only other coach left on staff is young
This guy really screwed Arcanum and the next coach by leaving this late
There are some Arcanum alum out there coaching.. Macy at Ansonia?
What would Ansonia then do? Keep in mind Macy is also their AD

What a disaster for Arcanum…Puts them in middle to low part of the pack this year…

However not surprising from the Head coach… He left Tri Village high and dry (told people there was no talent there) then they blossomed… Maybe the same will happen with the Trojans???

What a disaster for Arcanum…Puts them in middle to low part of the pack this year…

However not surprising from the Head coach… He left Tri Village high and dry (told people there was no talent there) then they blossomed… Maybe the same will happen with the Trojans???
The big problem for Arcanum is there style of play is wholly tailored to the QB, so unless they have another QB who is any good they need to change offenses. And from what I saw last year, Arcanum doesn't have the lineman (by their training/coaching) to do anything except pass block.

It's official schondo is out at Arcanum. Him and his boy are heading to Springfield.
Will shondlmeyer have to sit out half the season at springfield because of transfer rules. If so, I don't see why he would move if he cant play in the last half of the season and post season.

Will shondlmeyer have to sit out half the season at springfield because of transfer rules. If so, I don't see why he would move if he cant play in the last half of the season and post season.
it seems like the family is moving into the district so no need to sit out

I hope Macy doesn't leave for Arcanum but I am sure it is possible. If he would leave, hopefully TJ Phlipot takes over as head coach. He deserves the job! He has been with the program 13 years and is the offensive coordinator. He also was a very successful football player at Versailles on the State teams. I would say most of Ansonia does NOT want Hall to come back as head coach.

I would agree with that, but I threw that out there because it is his alma mater.

I'm not sure the overall status of the Arcanum program, but I would expect Arcanum to still be mid-pack at worst, and I view this as a desirable place to coach. They could get a good candidate.

This is really interesting. Cates hasn't been at Butler very long at all, but he is an alumni from Arcanum. He also played one of Arcanum's better football teams that had a nice playoff run. He's also experienced in the conference having coached at two other stops.

The one benefit Arcanum has in the WOAC, is that they were among the three strongest football teams. Many of the teams in that middle group can be low on numbers, perhaps not extremely strong. I think Arcanum can definitely still compete well there. I would expect them to be 5-5 at worst, maybe 7-3 at best. With their QB and Shondo in place, I would've been much more confident in a 7-3 or 8-2 season. Still beating Shawnee or TV would've been difficult.

This is really interesting. Cates hasn't been at Butler very long at all, but he is an alumni from Arcanum. He also played one of Arcanum's better football teams that had a nice playoff run. He's also experienced in the conference having coached at two other stops.

The one benefit Arcanum has in the WOAC, is that they were among the three strongest football teams. Many of the teams in that middle group can be low on numbers, perhaps not extremely strong. I think Arcanum can definitely still compete well there. I would expect them to be 5-5 at worst, maybe 7-3 at best. With their QB and Shondo in place, I would've been much more confident in a 7-3 or 8-2 season. Still beating Shawnee or TV would've been difficult.
I'd assume the pay at Butler is a tad bit better than Arcanum

Not possible. You can’t make someone do a job they don’t want to or can’t do.
They do it with teacher contracts. If a teacher wants to change districts, they can, but they have to fulfill their current contract or be subjected to their license being suspended for 1 school year. For example, if I was a teacher and found a new teaching position today, I can't put in my 2 weeks notice and leave before the school year is up. I'd assume coaching contracts are similar. For teachers, they have until July 10 to resign their position. After that date, they could face penalty for breaking their contract.

With coaching, I don't know what the cutoff would be. Supplamental coaching contracts are typically year to year and conclude at the end of the season. I guess it depends on when a board approves the coaches for the following year.

They do it with teacher contracts. If a teacher wants to change districts, they can, but they have to fulfill their current contract or be subjected to their license being suspended for 1 school year. For example, if I was a teacher and found a new teaching position today, I can't put in my 2 weeks notice and leave before the school year is up. I'd assume coaching contracts are similar. For teachers, they have until July 10 to resign their position. After that date, they could face penalty for breaking their contract.

With coaching, I don't know what the cutoff would be. Supplamental coaching contracts are typically year to year and conclude at the end of the season. I guess it depends on when a board approves the coaches for the following year.
I understand and agree. I think coaching is such a different animal, though. These coaches technically fulfill their contracts when the season is over. Plus, there’s really not a ‘coaching license’ that can be suspended as there is with a teacher.