Northwest Ohio Realignment

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Elmwood will be joining in '23 and they're about LB's size.
Was so cool to see Elmwood return to competitiveness this season! I remember growing up you had Gibsonburg-Woodmore-Elmwood sort of ruling the SLL, and now fast forward 25 years all those schools are not even able to remain in the conference. I think a legit Elmwood is going to be a solid challenger to LB & it's probably best for that league.

Was so cool to see Elmwood return to competitiveness this season! I remember growing up you had Gibsonburg-Woodmore-Elmwood sort of ruling the SLL, and now fast forward 25 years all those schools are not even able to remain in the conference. I think a legit Elmwood is going to be a solid challenger to LB & it's probably best for that league.
Could've Elmwood sustain that success after next year?

Could've Elmwood sustain that success after next year?

Elmwood has been very good in girls' sports in the NBC, won a basketball championship and been competitive in boys' basketball for the most part, and is in the midst of a very good run in football that you could see coming when next year's senior class was in junior high.

They would have been fine staying in the NBC. Woodmore was the school that really needed to get out.

since you brought it up, there's the Animal Shelter
That gave me ideas for LEAGUE NAMES. WASL: Weak Animal Shelter League or [W]eak [A}s [L]eague. May need one around here someday.
Waiting for Limajock to tell all of us that these supposed league changes are just an April Fools joke.
LimaJock has left the building.
I'm back!!! No joke unless those involved craw off into the dark.

Schools that have joined a new league for 2023 are not yet fully committed to that league, correct?

Just to further spice things up, LB has won or shared 11 basketball titles over those same 20 years. So, that is either dominating or embarrassing, since they have 100 more boys?
You also have to take into consideration, you might hate losing to them, but you love the gate they bring in. Nothing spends better then Suburb Money lol
I used to think the same way. LB brings the gate$$. Bet a cold one $$ isn't any better on average.

What casual fan (no kid directly involved from either team) is going to watch LB vs Vanlue, Arcadia, or CR?
As an LB parent/fan wouldn't you want more consistent competition?

LB is the obvious winner in the open enrollment situation. Why won't they look for a more competitive conference.
I would probably wish them well if they went to NWC or WBL. Until then those arrogant pric?s can pound sand.

I used to think the same way. LB brings the gate$$. Bet a cold one $$ isn't any better on average.

What casual fan (no kid directly involved from either team) is going to watch LB vs Vanlue, Arcadia, or CR?
As an LB parent/fan wouldn't you want more consistent competition?

LB is the obvious winner in the open enrollment situation. Why won't they look for a more competitive conference.
I would probably wish them well if they went to NWC or WBL. Until then those arrogant pric?s can pound sand.
The bottom half of the BVC should try to go elsewhere and leave LB hanging. They could be the king of their own independent mountain.

As the defender of all things BVC, here are some fun facts.
LB hasnt played Vanlue in football since 2013 the league designed it to keep the biggest and smallest away from each other. So there is no reason to worry about how bored the LB parents might be at those games.
For the 2017 and 18 seasons LB was in division 6 while league mate VB was in division 5, strange that no one seemed hellbent on kicking them out of the league.
In both 2017 and 2014 LB gave the state champ in their division the closest playoff score they would have (yes I know it’s not a perfect way to measure things, but it’s something)
Even if LB joined the NWC, if they won they would have to be kicked out, because they are the largest and lord knows that league will kick you out if you win too much.
So I guess LB will just have to stay in the BVC, where since 2000 they have won 7 state championships in a variety of sports, gee imagine how many they would have with a better league! lol

As the defender of all things BVC, here are some fun facts.
LB hasnt played Vanlue in football since 2013 the league designed it to keep the biggest and smallest away from each other. So there is no reason to worry about how bored the LB parents might be at those games.
For the 2017 and 18 seasons LB was in division 6 while league mate VB was in division 5, strange that no one seemed hellbent on kicking them out of the league.
In both 2017 and 2014 LB gave the state champ in their division the closest playoff score they would have (yes I know it’s not a perfect way to measure things, but it’s something)
Even if LB joined the NWC, if they won they would have to be kicked out, because they are the largest and lord knows that league will kick you out if you win too much.
So I guess LB will just have to stay in the BVC, where since 2000 they have won 7 state championships in a variety of sports, gee imagine how many they would have with a better league! lol
Or they could join the NBC where they would be bigger than Genoa and only 4 boys smaller than Eastwood. The truth is everyone wants to be the big school. Same story in Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne, Bryan, and Wauseon. (Maumee even just pulled it off somehow) Just don’t expect anyone to be impressed by LB’s “great seasons” beating teams with half as many kids for 7+ weeks and losing competitive games to teams their own size in the playoffs. I root for teams like Napoleon, Archbold, PH, even Mccomb, teams that have to punch above their weight to win the league, I think most of us do.

Last edited:
The bottom half of the BVC should try to go elsewhere and leave LB hanging. They could be the king of their own independent mountain.
Could LB, Elmwood, VB and possibly Riverdale be left out to dry? Would be interesting to see if that would cause changes to NBC or NWOAL.