2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

I’m sure Eisen thought the Falcons were a slam dunk after almost beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl the year before.

lf the Browns didn’t have that late run of Covid run through the team they are probably playing the Bengals at home for the division title the last game of the season. Let’s not forget the officials probably saving Zak Taylor’s job after his stupid decision to not kick a FG and go to OT with KC on fourth and goal, instead having Burrow throw what could have been a season ending incompletion only to have the refs bail out Cincy with a very questionable flag in the end zone. It’s not like the Browns were that far off last year, even with all the injuries and Covid and it’s not like the Bengals ran away with the division. I like Burrow a lot, but there is no guarantee he will be a better QB than Watson will be. And the win over KC to get to the SB was awesome, but getting the Raiders and Titans in the playoffs was a nice break. We shall see, but…unlike Eisen…I can see why the Browns could be favored by some over the Bengals for 2022, especially with Cincy facing a first place schedule.
The Bengals have one good year and they think they are a dynasty ?

Deshaun is top 2.
Without everything else going on no he isnt. Now you add in he didnt take a snap all of last year, and he'll miss time at the beginning of this year, and on top of that learn a new offense you honestly think he'll play like the number 2 QB in the league when he can finally step on the field?

Without everything else going on no he isnt. Now you add in he didnt take a snap all of last year, and he'll miss time at the beginning of this year, and on top of that learn a new offense you honestly think he'll play like the number 2 QB in the league when he can finally step on the field?
Won't need the stats 2 best passer rating In nfl.

It does seem odd that the Browns have a better chance than the Bengals to win the Super Bowl this year, and I don't think the Bengals are a dynasty, but have to wonder how many games Watson plays this year due to being suspended.

Some QB will get hurt, somewhere, and that team will rent or audition him. He could be a pain in the asz in the meantime, or he could decide to be a model citizen.
Browns will be Browns. A former number 1 pick may end up getting cut with no return for the Browns. Seen this story before.:(

It does seem odd that the Browns have a better chance than the Bengals to win the Super Bowl this year, and I don't think the Bengals are a dynasty, but have to wonder how many games Watson plays this year due to being suspended.
If Watson plays a full season, then I can see that.

Is this per Vegas? Because Vegas doesn't leave much money on the table.

I hope that cork snucker is rotting in HeII
seems likely

As one who notices such odd things, I can tell you that his benefactor plaques started coming down around town at many local institutions before he was out of Waite Hill. That is a little bit of hell every day for a man like Art.

True. He doesnt move the team like a jack@ss and there is no expansion team.
I'm certain Art's soft whispers, deal-making, and little "conversational asides" on the Competition Committee degraded the new Browns' deal a little bit every day.

I always wondered how Al Lerner escaped criticism for his role in helping Modell move the team to Baltimore and they swooping in the the new Browns franchise. That POS Art Modell was the only guy ever that couldn't make money with the freaking golden goose of an NFL franchise.

I always wondered how Al Lerner escaped criticism for his role in helping Modell move the team to Baltimore and they swooping in the the new Browns franchise. That POS Art Modell was the only guy ever that couldn't make money with the freaking golden goose of an NFL franchise.
I think Arts only business was owning the Browns..... and when the city went out of there way to build stadiums for the Cavs and INDIANS... and didn't take Modells serious.....

Art was an idiot that underestimated the Jacobs brothers. He was offered a place in the Gateway Project, sharing a 72k seat domed stadium with the Indians on an equal footing, instead of the deal he had with Cleveland as the Indians slumlord at an 82k seat house he was filling every game. Sure, it was a falling apart WPA project built trying to land the 1936 Olympics, and we piszed in troughs, but Art didn't mind. I guess I didn't care too much either. Maybe he thought he was going to save the the old Central Market ?

A smarter man might have considered that Gordon Gund was running out of propetry tax abatement in Richfield, right ? I think Richfield got one year of taxes on the old Coliseum, and then the Cavs were downtown. So Art was jealous, now. Brand new digs for the Cavs and Tribe, poor Art. So he took out variable rate loans, solo, to remodel old Municipal Stadium. Costs went over, rates went up, and Art went shopping for a better deal to bail his dumb asz out.

I think Lerner got a pass because they wanted to build back on the same spot. (Not that we could have popped another team on the field anything more than a season sooner) Stupid on so many levels, but cheap. The Millers and Ratners pretty much had Mike White in their pockets, so if the City bought more land they expected it to be some of theirs. Too bad that they didn't see Art coming and buy Black Oxide and the container yard. The Browns would be playing there now, and something cool would be on the lakefront that everyone could enjoy year 'round, some pricey condos too, stuff like that. No doubt Lerner was in-the-know the whole time watching, and who knows what the Browns outcome would have been without him. I sure wish that he hadn't been second bidder to the Dolans for the Indians.

Last edited:
seems likely

As one who notices such odd things, I can tell you that his benefactor plaques started coming down around town at many local institutions before he was out of Waite Hill. That is a little bit of hell every day for a man like Art.
I went to the first home game after the announced move, and it was surreal.

ALL of the advertising you saw around the stadium was blacked out.