Centerville vs St. Ignatius - D1 Semifinal

Who wins?

• Total voters
Congratulations Elks! Great defensive performance. Ignatius' Achilles heel all year has been its offense - turnovers and poor shooting. The Elks' defense exposed that in a major way. Ignatius' strength has been its defense and Centerville's motion offense and shooting exploited that too. A dominating win. Good luck to Centerville in the finals

Here's your Mr. Basketball putting on a clinic.
Screenshot_20220319-235020_Twitter.jpg

Similar to the clinic the St. Ignatius soccer team put on this year against Ohio? Have some grace with your victory please.

huh? What was ungraceful about his congratulating a player for a good game? There was no insult to the other team. The newspaper article refered to some "derogatory" chant by the St Ignatius students. Maybe that's what you meant to comment on?

Last edited:
huh? What was ungraceful about his congratulating a player for a good game? There was no insult to the other team. The newspaper article refered to some "derogatory" chant by the St Ignatius students. Maybe that's what you meant to comment on?
No, I was referring to the putting on a clinic comment after the victory. Don’t normally see that. Read his one sentence post for clarity.

No, I was referring to the putting on a clinic comment after the victory. Don’t normally see that. Read his one sentence post for clarity.

I don't know how you're reading it but I don't think anything was meant. The kid didn't score 50 points in a blow out. He scored 15. He ran the show clinically. It was a very good description of the player's performance. It didn't seem like gloating to me. There was no insult to the other team and it was not directed at another poster. I guess to each their own "clarity."

Last edited:
The end of the day, kids will be kids. The St Iggy student section wins the award for immaturity and lack of class. But, it's really expected, right? They are children.
Centerville didn't need any more motivation. Congrats to the Elks!

When the games were at the Schott did Columbus-area teams bring larger than normal crowds?

At the Warren G. Harding-Columbus Northland state semi in 2009, WGH had more fans there than Northland did. That's more of a compliment to WGH than a knock on Northland. It's all about the mentality of a particular fan base.

While the current gas prices may have negatively affected attendance, the crowds that I've seen on TV look pretty decent. It's a bit smaller than The Schott, which probably helps the atmosphere.

Ignatius fans weren't the most gracious all year in the soccer forum. Just sayin
Please don't characterize almost all Ignatius fans on the soccer forum with the one you had a beef with (reference your 11/6/21 post).
If you have an issue with him, then PM him.
Thanks

Please don't characterize almost all Ignatius fans on the soccer forum with the one you had a beef with (reference your 11/6/21 post).
Thanks
Guessing it had to be AZ since no other Ignatius fan would involve themselves in arguing over soccer.

I made one questionable comment last year in the scores of posts I made about he soccer team, and apparently that one stuck in Philly Cats' craw.

Thanks
Just because I replied to a single comment doesn't mean that was the only issue. But please, carry on with the conversation here. Don't get sidetracked.