POLL: If Watson becomes a Brown

How would you feel about Watson becoming a Brown?

• Yes, he will lead us to the Super Bowl!

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Excited, but nervous about the future

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Going to miss Baker, but mostly his Progressive commercials

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Going to regret giving rid of Baker

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Meh, won't change much

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
H
I get what you're saying, the Browns aren't church ladies any more than any other NFL team, but there's a massive difference between Manziel wearing a wig at Vegas blackjack table and Watson's predilection for what are probably 100+ massage parlor trips. The Browns will be very very stupid to do this. Give up 3 firsts for that? For a MAYBE rent-a-QB SB win?
How about Johnny hitting his girlfriend, his assault of a man in Austin or bar fight/assault at A & M?

I also think Watson is a POS and the price is too high. Unfortunately, if the Browns sign him you'll see a couple of protests but a significant portion of the Browns fans will be willing to forgive all and be willing to give him the tug jobs he sought from these women.

Mariota might come here.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

In NFL QB is everything, just look at what Burrow did for the Bengals, Watson is one of the top QB's in the league personally hope it doesn't happen being a Bengals fan.
Absolutely this. Watson is under contract for the next four years even if he gets suspended for a chunk of this upcoming season. He should cost a lot via trade, and for good reason.

Look at what it cost Denver to land Russell Wilson. As a Bengals fan, the Browns would be better off over the next four years on the field with the serial tugee under center than with Baker, 3 first rounders, and 1-2 other supposedly good players. Baker will recoup them a chunk of that draft value in a trade. The Colts gave a 3rd rounder and a conditional 2nd rounder that turned into the 16th pick in this year's draft for Carson Wentz.

The QB makes the team in the postseason, and Baker isn't good enough.

Absolutely this. Watson is under contract for the next four years even if he gets suspended for a chunk of this upcoming season. He should cost a lot via trade, and for good reason.

Look at what it cost Denver to land Russell Wilson. As a Bengals fan, the Browns would be better off over the next four years on the field with the serial tugee under center than with Baker, 3 first rounders, and 1-2 other supposedly good players. Baker will recoup them a chunk of that draft value in a trade. The Colts gave a 3rd rounder and a conditional 2nd rounder that turned into the 16th pick in this year's draft for Carson Wentz.

The QB makes the team in the postseason, and Baker isn't good enough.
Sorry I disagree … not sure you are going to get that much for Baker … less than what the Colts got for Wentz

Watson’s nfl w/l record is 28/26.
Ws are the only important stat. Nothing else gets you to the playoffs.
This year’s class is probably not one to get a qb from.
The cost of a proven qb (which I don’t think Watson is) is too high.

How about Johnny hitting his girlfriend, his assault of a man in Austin or bar fight/assault at A & M?

I also think Watson is a POS and the price is too high. Unfortunately, if the Browns sign him you'll see a couple of protests but a significant portion of the Browns fans will be willing to forgive all and be willing to give him the tug jobs he sought from these women.
They'll forgive but I doubt he will be successful. He hasn't played in a year, is severely fickle, and has what appears to be an addiction problem related to the parlors.

would still be the 3rd best in the afc north. no different then if it was baker. and thats b/c pittsburgh qb situation is bad. i wouldn't give up the farm for 3rd best qb in division.

jtk
()

Trade Mayfield; sign a below QB/market price veteran[Mariotta?] trade your first rd pick for a next years first rd+ and hope there is a great QB in next years draft and you have the draft capital to get him if you don't have the first pick.

Trade Mayfield; sign a below QB/market price veteran[Mariotta?] trade your first rd pick for a next years first rd+ and hope there is a great QB in next years draft and you have the draft capital to get him if you don't have the first pick.
The only problem with trying to load up to get a QB like Stroud next year is Houston will probably have the first pick and will take him to rebuild their franchise.

Is Stroud really ‘the guy’? Yes he had a really good year but he isn’t very mobile and he had 3 first rd wr to throw to this year not to mention a solid rb, te and a above average/good oline. I’m not saying Stroud isn’t a good qb but did he elevate the players around him or was it the other way around? Physically, I just don’t think he is anywhere near the Mahomes, Herbert’s or Allen’s.

Is Stroud really ‘the guy’? Yes he had a really good year but he isn’t very mobile and he had 3 first rd wr to throw to this year not to mention a solid rb, te and a above average/good oline. I’m not saying Stroud isn’t a good qb but did he elevate the players around him or was it the other way around? Physically, I just don’t think he is anywhere near the Mahomes, Herbert’s or Allen’s.
I just used him in there because he’s mocked as #1 overall in every mock I’ve seen. Could be another QB by next April, but Stroud did have a monster Rose Bowl with a whole new receiver corps, other than Jaxon.

Jaxon is better than the two OSU wr’s in this years draft and Harrison Jr may become a 1st rounder as well.

Next year qb crop is suppose to be way better than this years.

Hope is not a strategy.

But, that's the position they've put themselves in.

Hope is not a strategy.

But, that's the position they've put themselves in.
Agreed. But there are some intriguing options next year:
Bryce Young (Alabama)
Grayson McCall (Coastal Carolina)
Jaren Hall (BYU)
Spencer Rattler (South Carolina)

I, too think there are some question marks about Stroud. He was definitely a pass first QB. Sometimes, though he looked awkward in the pocket. Bryce Young and Stroud are probably similar in taking a risk on a QB. Grayson McCall, though might be a sleeper as a QB of a team's franchise. Rattler has definitely fallen since being benched and Hall plays in the same system as Zach Wilson, and is also finding some success. I wouldn't say next year's class is "loaded" with potential franchise QB's, like last year's is supposed to be. But, Stroud, Young, and McCall should have a decent chance of succeeding.

$230 MILLION GURANTEED
3- First rd, , 1- 3rd rd, 1-4 th rd for Watson and a 5th rd pick

Yikes

I would have
Rodgers
Allen
Mahomes
Brady
Herbert
Watson

H

I'm a Browns fan, not sure it is my place to say"I FORGIVE HIM" it is something this young man has to deal with.... but who am I to JUdge?