Kirtland football parent files First Amendment complaint after post-game prayer

What if the family just moved into the district? Assumptions add nothing to the conversation. in fact, I could assume as some have already here that many in support of the coaches religious actions would not had been in support of the coach had they been Muslim, right? It doesn’t matter. And, adds nothing to the conversation. Bottom line is either would be wrong.
please tell everyone where you got the idea that people in here would not have supported if it were muslim?

i wonder if he could be in trouble if he did this at his big modern company?
It isn't a new family, in fact 3 boys have been through the program. They have been part of the Kirtland program since pee wee football.

The Muslims I know wouldn't even give a second thought to be around a group of people praying that aren't Muslim. When I have Muslim friends over for diner or I attend diner at their house we pray together before we eat. We have also prayed together when a family member passed or was ill. Why would anyone be offended by this? Are you sterotyping Muslims? You expecting them to go all jihad or something? You really need to expand your circ

i wonder if he could be in trouble if he did this at his big modern company?
Well that narrows it down for anyone familiar with their football program. You probably just outted their anonymity in complaint.

Depends what it is about.

Almost all students have the opinion that there should be no homework and that tests should be optional.

Their opinions are not important.
so basically you didn't listen to ALMOST ALL the students...

If I was selling athletic shoes or music, students' opinions would be important. But generally speaking, opinions of people who don't know what they are talking about are not important, no.

People over sensitive about prayer. The school teaches on many topics (sexual orientation, birth control, politics, etc) that used to be the pervue of parents. That's no problem but prayer ...
Who said "That's no problem" ?

but i would think that almost all teachers would want to have students give their opinions on subjects....
Last period of the day Friday I was in a geometry class while a first-year teacher was teaching the pythagorean theorem.

Students' opinions concerning Pythagorus of Samos are pretty much irrelevant, even if he is a dead white man.

Clearly you are the one on the right.
1647093496542.png

I would never send my children or Grandchildren to the woke public schools and their liberal agendas. Prayer is a added bonus and helps builds bonding between players and can develop a respectful competitive culture!!!

I would never send my children or Grandchildren to the woke public schools and their liberal agendas. Prayer is a added bonus and helps builds bonding between players and can develop a respectful competitive culture!!!
Yes, they’re all exactly the same, every one of them right? You know the rural public’s with conservative school boards, they’re all the same right? The rich suburban public schools too? Nah those wouldn’t be conservative at all would they? Yeah your generalization is just ridiculously moronic. I’m sure that diverse private school education has taught you wonders about diversity and generalizations……

I'm likely older than the majority of the posters here, so keep that in mind while reading. When I played, coach would say a few last words in the locker room and hand it off to the captains. Captains would say whatever they wanted and usually concluded with the Lord's Prayer. If you didn't care to participate, you dealt with it for the 15 seconds or so. I suppose if you were Jewish, Buddhist, Islam, whatever, you used that opportunity to chant out a few faith-specific sentences. Whatever works for you.

I don't recall anyone running home and complaining to their parents (sarcasm intended). Of course, while we were kneeling during the prayer, we were all imagining ourselves on the field knocking our opponents head off (a bit more sarcasm). After the game, some players from both teams would meet and midfield, kneel and offer up whatever intentions they felt were appropriate. I just looked at is as a show of sportsmanship and gratitude no one was seriously injured or offering their faith-specific intentions for anyone who left on stretcher.

Again, I go back to the days before cancel culture, "Karens", etc when some "offended" person would scream "I don't like it and I want it stopped!!!"

I miss those days

I'm likely older than the majority of the posters here, so keep that in mind while reading. When I played, coach would say a few last words in the locker room and hand it off to the captains. Captains would say whatever they wanted and usually concluded with the Lord's Prayer. If you didn't care to participate, you dealt with it for the 15 seconds or so. I suppose if you were Jewish, Buddhist, Islam, whatever, you used that opportunity to chant out a few faith-specific sentences. Whatever works for you.

I don't recall anyone running home and complaining to their parents (sarcasm intended). Of course, while we were kneeling during the prayer, we were all imagining ourselves on the field knocking our opponents head off (a bit more sarcasm). After the game, some players from both teams would meet and midfield, kneel and offer up whatever intentions they felt were appropriate. I just looked at is as a show of sportsmanship and gratitude no one was seriously injured or offering their faith-specific intentions for anyone who left on stretcher.

Again, I go back to the days before cancel culture, "Karens", etc when some "offended" person would scream "I don't like it and I want it stopped!!!"

I miss those days
that is the way of the world nowadays.... and its a shame......