WOW, tough break for Cooper shore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not getting into the slam no slam debate or the decision to default or not. I have zero ties to either family, team, or D3 for that matter. If anyone thinks it is acceptable to boo a highschool aged kid on what is probably his last match of his lifetime you are a classless person. He is out there and put the work in to be an undeniable state placer which is a hard accomplishment to begin with and now everything this kid has worked for and dreamed of to be on that podium is completely ruined by a flood of boos during his podium appearance. I was utterly disgusted and heart broken for the kid. I cheered for him loudly because I felt so terrible for him. My gosh people, we are the adults these kids are looking up to, and everyone wonders what happened to this society. Look in the mirror. My son, who wrestled the weekend down there even said on the way home that he felt so bad for that kid being booed that he went out of his way to congratulate him in the warm up room after the podium.

Last edited:
I am not getting into the slam no slam debate or the decision to default or not. I have zero ties to either family, team, or D3 for that matter. If anyone thinks it is acceptable to boo a highschool aged kid on what is probably his last match of his lifetime you are a classless person. He is out there and put the work in to be an undeniable state placer which is a hard accomplishment to begin with and now everything this kid has worked for and dreamed of to be on that podium is completely ruined by a flood of boos during his podium appearance. I was utterly disgusted and heart broken for the kid. I cheered for him loudly because I felt so terrible for him. My gosh people, we are the adults these kids are looking up to, and everyone wonders what happened to this society. Look in the mirror. My son, who is a Junior in highschool and wrestled the weekend down there even said on the way home that he felt so bad for that kid being booed that he went out of his way to congratulate him in the warm up room after the podium.
My point exactly. That was embarrassing for the wrestling community.

I am not getting into the slam no slam debate or the decision to default or not. I have zero ties to either family, team, or D3 for that matter. If anyone thinks it is acceptable to boo a highschool aged kid on what is probably his last match of his lifetime you are a classless person. He is out there and put the work in to be an undeniable state placer which is a hard accomplishment to begin with and now everything this kid has worked for and dreamed of to be on that podium is completely ruined by a flood of boos during his podium appearance. I was utterly disgusted and heart broken for the kid. I cheered for him loudly because I felt so terrible for him. My gosh people, we are the adults these kids are looking up to, and everyone wonders what happened to this society. Look in the mirror. My son, who is a Junior in highschool and wrestled the weekend down there even said on the way home that he felt so bad for that kid being booed that he went out of his way to congratulate him in the warm up room after the podium.
This

The kid was embarrassed in the finals. It was a bad call on a solid, routine mat return. It was . This is why we’re debating it.
Not sure what him being embarrassed in the finals has anything to do with it. I also don't understand what is embarrassing about being pinned in the state finals in Ohio. The only thing embarrassing was the adult children booing a hs kid.

We are only debating it because it was a high profile match where an undefeated favorite lost due to a slam. It was a slam and it was unfortunate. Just because it was an unpleasant call, doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

You better watch the video again, Shore' weight is NOT on top at all when they land, he covered him with the side of his chest which is quite normal. Yes some "force" will happen on a mat return, and it's not unusual or illegal to "leave your own feet" . I have no dog in the fight, you might.
I wrestled my entire life. I could tell live and easily tell on the video exactly what Shore was doing with that mat return. He's wrestled long enough to know the risk of being called on a slam like that.

I don't even know the other kid. I'm just embarrassed for the Ohio HS wrestling community that people acted the way they did.

I’ll let you know when you’re opinion matters to me lol You arent ?. Since im well connected in all aspects in this sport and know those highly respected close to me in the sport… would NOT default in that type of BS call snd situation, then return to competition? Lol. I know who the B& tch is ?
You are! You're also cancer to the sport. I pray this young man holds his integrity and ignores jackwagons like you! Too many kids these days getting bullied by "bades" like you opt for extreme measures to "escape". Try to ferment who the adult is. Now you should respectfully apologize to the young man and the wrestling community.

You are! You're also cancer to the sport. I pray this young man holds his integrity and ignores jackwagons like you! Too many kids these days getting bullied by "bades" like you opt for extreme measures to "escape". Try to ferment who the adult is. Now you should respectfully apologize to the young man and the wrestling community.
No respected coach I know would allow someone to default win...then compete. Now GFY You big bully "beast" ;) For the record booing the kid is completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Those I care about, respect is mutual. And the list is far longer than your short list. As far as being "liked" ..same criteria. So you're the type that tells junior it's ok stay down...you'll win ..then lets him compete. A real class act lol
Please, continue to dig your own hole on these much important internet threads. You're showing your lack of rules knowledge.

What's said to your face, isn't consist with what's said after you leave. Trust me on this, pops.

You'd be surprised to know that a few weeks back when we talked in person, you in fact, "enjoyed how I have handled growing the program and what we've done with our kids toughness." So now I'm not a class act? I'm confused.

No respected coach I know would allow someone to default win...then compete. Now GFY You big bully "beast" ;) For the record booing the kid is completely unnecessary.
I'm sure you were so tough you cut 40lbs and walked up hill both ways. barefoot in the snow, just to get to and from wrestling practice. Hell, you were probably a ball boi for the basketball team.

Please, continue to dig your own hole on these much important internet threads. You're showing your lack of rules knowledge.

What's said to your face, isn't consist with what's said after you leave. Trust me on this, pops.

You'd be surprised to know that a few weeks back when we talked in person, you in fact, "enjoyed how I have handled growing the program and what we've done with our kids toughness." So now I'm not a class act? I'm confused.
It's comical to see Clowns like you try to "call out" someone on a forum of "mixed" opinions, especially when you are "anonymous" for the moment. I didn't "talk" with anyone about any program a few weeks back sonny boy. And I would have no problem confronting you if I did, because I disagree? Hardly lol . Yes it was a classless move on the coaches part to throw in the towel for a win, then have a miraculous recovery to make the finals.

"You're showing your lack of rules knowledge." You're definitely a dumb one, thats apparent .

It's comical to see Clowns like you try to "call out" someone on a forum of "mixed" opinions, especially when you are "anonymous" for the moment. I didn't "talk" with anyone about any program a few weeks back sonny boy. And I would have no problem confronting you if I did, because I disagree? Hardly lol . Yes it was a classless move on the coaches part to throw in the towel for a win, then have a miraculous recovery to make the finals.
Are you ok? We absolutely had that conversation before I had to "go check on something that came up". I know you're up there in age, but you've always been sharp for your age. Do I need to contact a family member?

Are you ok? We absolutely had that conversation before I had to "go check on something that came up". I know you're up there in age, but you've always been sharp for your age. Do I need to contact a family member?
You're really fishing over there? Is there a reason someone isn't allowed to agree on something here? Lots of others agree it was a "bad" call.....who are they???? lol I do know this , you're towel biting buddy must be " 1 beast"!! lolol

Last edited:
"You're showing your lack of rules knowledge." You're definitely a dumb one, thats apparent .
If you don't want to have this mental illness talk in an internet forum, I'll gladly reach out to you in private over the phone or something. I can get your number from a few mutual acquaintances.

Not sure what him being embarrassed in the finals has anything to do with it. I also don't understand what is embarrassing about being pinned in the state finals in Ohio. The only thing embarrassing was the adult children booing a hs kid.

We are only debating it because it was a high profile match where an undefeated favorite lost due to a slam. It was a slam and it was unfortunate. Just because it was an unpleasant call, doesn't mean it was the wrong call.
This is what this debate is all about. The call was unpleasant but correct. I wish I could say I'm surprised by some of the reactions on here but I'm not. Nor am I surprised with the booing. This sport has created a culture of selfish, loud, belligerent parents and coaches that are never wrong. I see parents at the youth level going after refs all the time. I see high schoolers blaming the refs for everything and parents agreeing with them. This sports is suppose to teach accountability, but that is a very difficult lesson that often involves difficult, even painful, situations. As a parent or coach, it is very difficult to watch your wrestler be on the negative side of a tough call or tough loss. You want to protect them. You want to get that win for them. But that isn't what this sport is about. He slammed him. The ref disqualified him. Accept it, learn from it, move on. As an adult, you are to be the example and the guide. Slam, or no slam, is a perfectly acceptable debate. I've actually learned a few things about the details about the rule by reading this thread. Debates are healthy. Debates can be teaching tools. But if you booed an injured teenager, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Whats crazy is i thought the highlight video before the finals on the jumbotron showed 10 mat returns just like coopers . Cant call it illegal then glorify it as tough wrestling.
Exactly because it was a TERRIBLE call all day long. I've watched the vid 5 times, everything some of these homers are claiming is false....Cooper ABSOLUTELY does not bring his weight down on top of the body of the kid, that return is basically text book, certainly not excessive force. He also didnt drive the kids head or shoulder in the mat while standing like some said. The kid in the heat of the moment did a decent acting job, but that call was B$.Lots of people agree horrible call, those that dont seem to be in the same little clique. One of these clowns , likely Miller's "take a fall" Coach is going to call me...said he will get my # ....I'm scared LOL Still waiting for the numnutz to call.

I'll end this. This is horrible and you all sound like a bunch of whining babies. Grow up and stop arguing. So many opinions that are completely wrong and off base. Stop ripping on people especially kids. It was a slam. No other opinions on the matter, MATTER. Stop already! Thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.