Scorekeepers at the state tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was sorry, my daughter and I were watching because are friends might get the winner and we thought the match should have been tied. Two refs and a score keeper and you can’t get it right?? Ohsaa that is ridiculous, but some onus needs to be on the coaches for not catching it earlier. We were close to I would guess the parents and they were not happy. Feel bad for the kid.

I was watching on Track and they had to stop both of the Blazes matches due to the scorekeepers not being able to get the score right. They were scoring so quick that the table couldnt keep up.

In the past the table workers were all officials from around the state, not sure if that is still true. I wonder how much the switch to track is causing the issues. The layout of the board may be very different. I have seen numerous in season tournaments that use track have issues with their system and have even seen a couple have to down for roughly an hour to fix issues with their dedicated computers.

I will never understand the switch to track…if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

That was sorry, my daughter and I were watching because are friends might get the winner and we thought the match should have been tied. Two refs and a score keeper and you can’t get it right?? Ohsaa that is ridiculous, but some onus needs to be on the coaches for not catching it earlier. We were close to I would guess the parents and they were not happy. Feel bad for the kid.
The coaches tried, but no one would really acknowledge their grievance

Once a year I run the scoreboard at a Sectional tournament. This was my best year with around 5 mistakes. Nothing that cost any kids but it’s easy to hit the wrong clock button/score buttons. Work with the whoever’s doing the book so you’re on the same page. Not like you go to a school to learn how to do it. And how exactly would we vet them?

I have a video (from the live feed) of a table worker calling a coach an "ignorant a-hole" during the match ..?
The amazing thing is this guy wasn't being funny when he said it. Imagine that's your kid wrestling and you find out after the match, when its too late to stop the nightmare, that the people working the time and score are working with such blatant bias..?
I am going to the state with it first but I'll be sure to post it as soon as I can.
Its amazing how unprofessional the table workers have been this year. I'm sure its not all of the workers but the few I've watched have been terrible, and its such an easy job!

You believe the said table worker was working against the wrestler?
What did the coach say to be described as, "ignorant?"

Not arguing, curious...
NO, I didn't say he was working against the kid. Not that it even matters if he was, but you wouldn't want anyone affiliated with your kids match who is so blatantly disrespectful and bias toward your team. This guy really didn't care who knows his personal opinion, and that should NEVER be involved into a state tournament match. He said it on a live mic.

The coach said nothing, There was NO interaction with the coach and reff's or table workers. I was shocked.

If anyone is curious or doubtful I suggest you listen to it before you pass any judgement on this coming out this way.
I'm not gonna let this go...

NO, I didn't say he was working against the kid.

If anyone is curious or doubtful I suggest you listen to it before you pass any judgement on this coming out this way.
I'm not gonna let this go...
That's what bias is. Unfair, prejudice, partial, working against, favoritism, etc. That's why I asked.
If the table worker is biased, that's a big issue. Saying a coach is, ignorant isn't.
I haven't heard it, just going off what was reported. Not passing any judgement on anyone...

Saw one of the first matches from yesterday where a score keeper had no idea what he was doing. The score was only 1 point score but the score showed a 2 point difference. The wrestler in the lead almost let his opponent up. I understand there is a real need for officials, so I can only imagine how hard it is to find qualified volunteers, but man, has t be a way to avoid such things.

Hopefully replay can somehow be used soon to be sure things are correct, especially at the state tournament.

That's what bias is. Unfair, prejudice, partial, working against, favoritism, etc. That's why I asked.
If the table worker is biased, that's a big issue. Saying a coach is, ignorant isn't.
I haven't heard it, just going off what was reported. Not passing any judgement on anyone...
can you see the A-Hole part of the post?

bias is. Unfair, prejudice, partial, working against, favoritism, etc.

The table guy said,
"you know sadly, whenever I look up that fraise ignorant a-hole I see Dublin Coffmans Coach"

Just because somebody thinks your an Ace doesn't mean they're a bad person or show bias towards you. It would be better to discuss the situation with the person one on one instead of trying to ruin a person over a name they called you. Think about it as I'm sure every human being has said and done things they regret. In the end it's better to educate a person instead of eradicating them. You might create a friend for life instead of a enemy.
Think about it

Just because somebody thinks your an Ace doesn't mean they're a bad person or show bias towards you. It would be better to discuss the situation with the person one on one instead of trying to ruin a person over a name they called you. Think about it as I'm sure every human being has said and done things they regret. In the end it's better to educate a person instead of eradicating them. You might create a friend for life instead of a enemy.
Think about it
Heck with that, they are hired to do a professional, job keep your mouth shut and run the clock, ref the match, walk the kids out. Whatever you are doing do it, and if you can’t do it and keep your mouth and opinions to yourself, then don’t agree to do it.

Think about it

It has nothing to do with the idiotic remarks he made, LPW
He made it public NOT me.
Its not the childish name calling that's wrong with what he said, if you don't know why then you have a lot to learn.
friends like this no one needs. You go soft on your own pal, this isn't acceptable behavior from an official at ANY level!

Heck with that, they are hired to do a professional, job keep your mouth shut and run the clock, ref the match, walk the kids out. Whatever you are doing do it, and if you can’t do it and keep your mouth and opinions to yourself, then don’t agree to do it.
DIDDO (y)

bored jack nicholson GIF

can you see the A-Hole part of the post?

bias is. Unfair, prejudice, partial, working against, favoritism, etc.

The table guy said,
"you know sadly, whenever I look up that fraise ignorant a-hole I see Dublin Coffmans Coach"
After very carefully listening to the audio, I believe he said the word “PHRASE”. A “FRAISE” is a strawberry. They are two totally different things.
Don’t know too many people that look up strawberries. They do consume them though.

Last edited:
Think about it

Come on get serious. If he said that about Liberty you wouldn't be happy. That guy should be suspended at least aand not allowed to ref matches for the school he was talking about.

Definitely not appropriate behavior from a scorekeeper or an official. I would just prefer to handle it man to man first. Let the guy apologize, learn and move on. If he didn't then I mightve done what this person did but I really really doubt it.
Dell I don't think anybody would be happy if this happened to them. I'm upset about the situation and it needs fixed but I would handle it differently.

I didn't watch the feed, but watched NAIA women's nationals... there were a few rewind worthy comments from the tables lol. I'm sure I've made a few. I even called my kids in the room for a teaching moment that people can hear you (they've ran tables many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.