State Alternates

Heart breaking. Tremendous wrestler, even better person. He’s is going to make some college coach out there very lucky.

#Respect
#Warrior

Let me also take this opportunity to say shame on the Marysville fans who booed him during the finals match - and you know who you are!

I don‘t care what school or town you root for or against, cheering an injury, and heckling a kid as he gutted out to finish the match in obvious pain- winning a district title on one arm - is one of the most disrespectful things I’ve witnessed in the sport.

Take a look in the mirror and remind yourself that these kids are real human beings.

Last edited:
Heart breaking. Tremendous wrestler, even better person. He’s is going to make some college coach out there very lucky.

#Respect
#Warrior

Let me also take this opportunity to say shame on the Marysville fans who booed him during the finals match - and you know who you are! I don‘t care what school or town you root for or against, cheering an injury, and heckling a kid as he gutted out to finish the match in obvious pain- winning a district title on one arm - is one of the most disrespectful things I’ve witnessed in the sport.

Take a look in the mirror and remind yourself that these kids are real human beings.
Coffman fans literally did this last year to the TV kid, who also did not compete at State, maybe they watched DC and learned from them?‍♂️…anyhow, this sucks because Dez is an easy kid to root for…beast on the mat and very respectful off…hoping it heals up?

Coffman fans literally did this last year to the TV kid, who also did not compete at State, maybe they watched DC and learned from them?‍♂️…anyhow, this sucks because Dez is an easy kid to root for…beast on the mat and very respectful off…hoping it heals up?
If that happened to way that you claim, then both were wrong!

Very different situation as I recall. DC fans were booing the TV Coach, not the athlete.

You sure? Seems the coaches told him to stay down. He didn't want to and then won. Bounced other kid to 5th. After pressure that kid withdrew and Coffman kid got in and placed. How are memories are short...

Totally different situation. The TV kid wasn't injured, his coach told him to tank it after an illegal move, so that he could move on.

And then really wanted to fool everyone by NOT wrestling at State ?
The TV kid felt bad about it, even reached out to the DC kid that night. When it got discussed at school on Monday, the TV AD and principal said the right thing to do was let the kid from DC who was winning by a lot go to the state.

How do you not know this? I'm not from TV or DC and I know it.

I guess the coaches/fans from OL don't know everything :ROFLMAO:

The TV kid felt bad about it, even reached out to the DC kid that night. When it got discussed at school on Monday, the TV AD and principal said the right thing to do was let the kid from DC who was winning by a lot go to the state.

100% true, Facts!

Lol, I don’t care who you are or where your from…bottom line is DC fans booed a HS kid, the exact same thing someone called out Marysville for, whatever makes ya feel better & helps you feel justified for booing a high school kid…cool that DC is allowed but Marysville isn’t, odd how that works…

Last edited:
Never acceptable to boo and heckle an injured kid. Never acceptable to use the language that if you were in the upper deck at Darby you would have heard. Never acceptable to raise middle fingers to families including children. Especially over a high school wrestling match. I promise you the athletes show a ton more respect to each other than fans/parents from different schools do to each other.

Coaches however are fair game. They are adults and professionals and their behavior, actions and judgement are to open to criticism. And I know you know the difference. You trying to equate these two situations either isn‘t honest or you are trolling. Maybe I am too.

Last edited:
Lol, I don’t care who you are or where your from…bottom line is DC fans booed a HS kid, the exact same thing someone called out Marysville for, whatever makes ya feel better & helps you feel justified for booing a high school kid…cool that DC is allowed but Marysville isn’t, odd how that works…

Dead wrong...AGAIN

Two totally different situations.

Last edited:
Not going to get in on the conversation about the fans, but I have to chime in on the wrestler. Dez is a GREAT kid, always respectful, friendly, and pretty stinking talented! Having coached against him for a few years, this is sad to hear! He has provided some butt whoopins our way numerous times, and done it with nothing but class! I hope he recovers and has a great college career.

Terrible news about the Coffman wrestler. How do they go about picking the alternate? Why didn't the 5th place wrestler from the Darby district get in?

Pugluv, you sound like a complete idiot trying to justify the idiotic fans were right for cheering when my son got hurt. Maybe because he put some whoopings on a few of there wrestlers, but I don’t expect any better from them. Do you even have a son that wrestles, probably not?

#Respect
#Warrior

Let me also take this opportunity to say shame on the Marysville fans who booed him during the finals match - and you know who you are!

I don‘t care what school or town you root for or against, cheering an injury, and heckling a kid as he gutted out to finish the match in obvious pain- winning a district title on one arm - is one of the most disrespectful things I’ve witnessed in the sport.

not far after the coach said that he hoped another wrestler falls off the awards stand and gets hurt. VERY SAD and it seems to start at the top

1647035732481.png