• Tiffin Calvert

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Antwerp

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Marion Local

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

It's difficult to use extended pressure against good opponents on a big floor, and it's harder to shoot outside of the paint in an open arena.

I'll believe in Richmond Heights when they actually win. Winning on this stage is totally different than winning against a bigger school opponent in a gymnasium on a weeknight in January. The last two times they advanced to this point and faced those pesky small town West Central and NW Ohio teams they scored 40 and 49 points and took Ls.

Really looking forward to this BG regional. Marion Local/Antwerp should be really good. Not sure what to think about Ottoville. Tiffin Calvert is darn good. I’d love to see a Calvert/Antwerp final.

Ottoville has been hot in the tourney. They'll have to play extremely well to win again. The rest of that regional is loaded.

One thing that’s probably not been talked about enough from two of the 16 teams left -

OHSAA athletic counts:
Tiffin Calvert 44
Springfield Catholic 47

Private School
Private School
Helps when you can select 45 kids in your school
Such ignorance. Last names at Calvert are the same last names from 20 and 30 years ago. Where are they going to get their kids from, Bettsville? There’s also a plethora of schools within a very short radius, which for for the most part, also have the same last name thing for the last few decades going on. This isn’t central Ohio where there’s 2+ million people running around. This is a stagnant town of 17,000.

Such ignorance. Last names at Calvert are the same last names from 20 and 30 years ago. Where are they going to get their kids from, Bettsville? There’s also a plethora of schools within a very short radius, which for for the most part, also have the same last name thing for the last few decades going on. This isn’t central Ohio where there’s 2+ million people running around. This is a stagnant town of 17,000.
Our Division 2 basketball team comes from a stagnant town of 2,834. We don’t get to pick and choose our best 50. So please don’t call it ignorance. You are choosing to rationalize your advantage

I think Catholic Central defeats Botkins on Tuesday.
They have the ability, but other than the last game have not played well in the 5 or so previous games. Botkins is significantly better than Emanuel Christian who got within three of them. They will need their best game and a Botkins off night. I'll take Botkins and give you 9 1/2.

Our Division 2 basketball team comes from a stagnant town of 2,834. We don’t get to pick and choose our best 50. So please don’t call it ignorance. You are choosing to rationalize your advantage
I don't know anything about Calvert but I am sure central Catholic would take more students. In fact, being in Springfield I am surprised they don't have more.

I don't know anything about Calvert but I am sure central Catholic would take more students. In fact, being in Springfield I am surprised they don't have more.
Their traditional feeder pool has dried up a lot over the last 30 years. Late 80s/early 90s I believe they had some classes with upwards of 90 kids. By the numbers, their enrollment has shriveled to where they are now averaging under 35 kids per class.

They used to be a "same last name" type of school, but that's increasingly dwindled over the last several years because the majority of their kids aren't returning to Springfield after going off to college.

Last edited:
“Pick and choose” is silly. The students (or parents) pick the school, not the other way around.

I'm pretty sure they don't "pick and choose" to be under 100 students in the school. It's choosing to survive at this point. The catholic school 20 miles to the west folded and the one 20 miles to the north doesn't exactly have a line at the door. Trust me, these schools are begging, not choosing.

“Pick and choose” is silly. The students (or parents) pick the school, not the other way around.
Totally agree....plus the public vs private argument has lost steam with so many schools becoming open enrollment. According to School Choice Ohio, 75% of Ohio school districts accept students through open enrollment. A couple D4 favorites that are public benefit from the same ability to accept students that privates do, but the privates have to convince parents to pay thousands to go there. But they all get scholarships right? ?‍♂️

The natural advantages that Richmond Heights has are worth a whole lot more than the advantages that the smaller city private schools have.
Lol - the natural advantages? Like open enrollment?

I'm not going to claim to know anything about any of the players on this years RH team - all I know is that usually RH has a few kids on the team that didn't go there previously, that transferred in from somewhere else. Again, I don't know about them this year so maybe thats not the case rn....but it seems RH always does a better job with "enrollment" than most privates do....

They have the ability, but other than the last game have not played well in the 5 or so previous games. Botkins is significantly better than Emanuel Christian who got within three of them. They will need their best game and a Botkins off night. I'll take Botkins and give you 9 1/2.
I’ll take that bet, but you won’t pay up when you lose, then I have to come find you and it will just be a whole mess. Don’t make bets you don’t intend to keep.

I’ll take that bet, but you won’t pay up when you lose, then I have to come find you and it will just be a whole mess. Don’t make bets you don’t intend to keep.
They lose to Cedarville, lose to Troy Christian, beat Emanuel Christian by 3, and your not concerned? Wish I had your faith.

Botkins is one of the few teams who are stronger inside than SC. They also have in my opinion far better guard play. I was surprised at how much SC beat Jackson Center by, but that was not Jackson Centers best game of the year to be sure.

They lose to Cedarville, lose to Troy Christian, beat Emanuel Christian by 3, and your not concerned? Wish I had your faith.

Botkins is one of the few teams who are stronger inside than SC. They also have in my opinion far better guard play. I was surprised at how much SC beat Jackson Center by, but that was not Jackson Centers best game of the year to be sure.
You are putting way too much stock in close games. JC took Botkins to overtime and SC outmatched JC and took them out of their game. It will take SC best game to beat Botkins they are solid, but saying they beat SC by 9.5 pts is the bet i want.