2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is whiny to complain about Benny recruiting, but Benny shouldn’t complain about being in D2 after the number of posts I’ve read about “public school recruits” in this thread. D2 is right where you belong.

Good then go play in your own playoff system along with the other recruiting schools. While you’re at it, go build your own stadium to play in and quit using public school facilities.
Oh you mean the facilities we gett approached to use and we pay for?

I believe a catholic school won 1 of 7 State Football Titles up for grabs last year. Cry me a river

Recruit for the school, not the specific sport. I wonder if you recruit this hard for the academic decathlon student.

We are sending kids to Ivy Leagues, NESCAC’s, the UAA, so yes we do recruit very hard for academics.

And the academic challenge team has consistently been one of the best in NEO for 30 years if not more.

I agree it is whiny to complain about Benny recruiting, but Benny shouldn’t complain about being in D2 after the number of posts I’ve read about “public school recruits” in this thread. D2 is right where you belong.
No they shouldn’t be in D2. Smallest or second smallest school in that Division. Some teams have double + the enrollment. I had a conversation with a public school in Cincinnati and they think it’s an overreach by OHSAA. The school has to reach outside its immediate boundary or it would lose all of its diversity.

Oh you mean the facilities we gett approached to use and we pay for?

I believe a catholic school won 1 of 7 State Football Titles up for grabs last year. Cry me a river
D1-D4 have all had private schools in the state finals the last 2 years. Competitive balance is working as it should.

No they shouldn’t be in D2. Smallest or second smallest school in that Division. Some teams have double + the enrollment. I had a conversation with a public school in Cincinnati and they think it’s an overreach by OHSAA. The school has to reach outside its immediate boundary or it would lose all of its diversity.
I read on this thread that “We play by and abide by all rules by the OHSAA and that with that includes playing in the state playoff system that the coaches agree with.”

So, yes, they should be D2. The public schools in D2 don’t get to “reach outside their immediate boundary” to build diversity.

I read on this thread that “We play by and abide by all rules by the OHSAA and that with that includes playing in the state playoff system that the coaches agree with.”

So, yes, they should be D2. The public schools in D2 don’t get to “reach outside their immediate boundary” to build diversity.
Don’t be surprised if Benedictine is back to D3 these next few years.
Only 6 kids away from D3 in the last count and the roster is smaller than it was back then.
So D3 is probably where there should be for 2022

Don’t be surprised if Benedictine is back to D3 these next few years.
Only 6 kids away from D3 in the last count and the roster is smaller than it was back then.
So D3 is probably where there should be for 2022
Competitive Balance will keep Benedictine in D-2.

My only problem with competitive balance is that it doesn't really hurt schools like Eds, Iggy, X, Moeller, etc. but they do hurt schools like Bene and TCC.

Also, you gotta be lying to yourself if you don't public schools recruit or pull from outside their district. The amount of people I knew who did not live anywhere close to the district of the public school they went to is insane??

My only problem with competitive balance is that it doesn't really hurt schools like Eds, Iggy, X, Moeller, etc. but they do hurt schools like Bene and TCC.

Also, you gotta be lying to yourself if you don't public schools recruit or pull from outside their district. The amount of people I knew who did not live anywhere close to the district of the public school they went to is insane??
Open enrollment schools do. But they pay the same price with competitive balance as private schools. They are one in the same in my mind.

As far as D1 is concerned, I’m of the opinion that a school with 700-1000 boys should be able to find 30 very good football players to compete with the D1 private schools.

Open enrollment schools do. But they pay the same price with competitive balance as private schools. They are one in the same in my mind.

As far as D1 is concerned, I’m of the opinion that a school with 700-1000 boys should be able to find 30 very good football players to compete with the D1 private schools.
If you think closed enrollment schools don't get people outside of their district you are living in denial

How does that work? You have to live in the district to attend the school. Unless I’m missing something
Plenty of low cost apartments out there or extended family houses to use as an address. The RTA bus stops outside of some suburban schools on the east side of CLE are packed with students heading to Cleveland after school let's out. Some schools look the other way while some enforce residency a little stricter. I'm cool with this, if someone is trying to better their life through education than that is great.

Plenty of low cost apartments out there or extended family houses to use as an address. The RTA bus stops outside of some suburban schools on the east side of CLE are packed with students heading to Cleveland after school let's out. Some schools look the other way while some enforce residency a little stricter. I'm cool with this, if someone is trying to better their life through education than that is great.
Well then those schools are cheating. There are plenty of schools no where near a large metropolitan area that do not have those advantages. Take Madison in Lake County for example.

Eds, Iggy, Big Moe aren't going against Mogadore.

Well then those schools are cheating. There are plenty of schools no where near a large metropolitan area that do not have those advantages. Take Madison in Lake County for example.
For example. If you live anywhere in Medina County, you can attend any high school in Medina County. Many times, football & wrestling teams have profited from this. Also, if your city borders a Medina County school, you are allowed to attend the Medina County school. It's not cheating. It's creative tap dancing. In Medina County the schools effected by this nice, convenient rule are, Brunswick, Buckeye, Wadsworth, Highland, & Medina. That's a lot of potential moving that can occur within public schools. So Bad Blake your point is just that...Pointless.

For example. If you live anywhere in Medina County, you can attend any high school in Medina County. Many times, football & wrestling teams have profited from this. Also, if your city borders a Medina County school, you are allowed to attend the Medina County school. It's not cheating. It's creative tap dancing. In Medina County the schools effected by this nice, convenient rule are, Brunswick, Buckeye, Wadsworth, Highland, & Medina. That's a lot of potential moving that can occur within public schools. So Bad Blake your point is just that...Pointless.
All of those high schools have middle schools. If you don’t understand how that is significant I can’t help you.

Pretty cool news regarding September 10th (Week 4) game at Ironton High School against DeMatha Catholic. They don’t have the most pros of any HS in the country, but they are still a very good and well respected program. Cool to see Bene in a showcase game again!

Attachments

• 853A578C-3696-4148-BC9F-8F9ECBD682FB.jpeg
    853A578C-3696-4148-BC9F-8F9ECBD682FB.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.