2021 Cincinnati Bengals

When free agency hits next month, I think the Bengals have a better chance of getting the top OL available. In years past the top avoided the Bengals, now they should want to join them.
Not sure what the college draft will add to the OL

Cincy fans...do you think Zac Taylor is the right coach also? I have no clue. With all the talent Im wondering if he can manage this.
I don’t think he’s anything special, but you don’t have to be a great HC to win a SB. The QB is the most important piece in the puzzle.

Cincy fans...do you think Zac Taylor is the right coach also? I have no clue. With all the talent Im wondering if he can manage this.
His play calling was limited due to the Oline, last play of the game, good ex. Deep pass to Chase who was open, but Burrow never had time to make the throw. Might have a similar career to Sam Wyche, have to wait and see.

His play calling was limited due to the Oline, last play of the game, good ex. Deep pass to Chase who was open, but Burrow never had time to make the throw. Might have a similar career to Sam Wyche, have to wait and see.
He was not ever going to throw that long pass to Chase.
It was 4th and 1. It was a quick pass, he was looking left to the two receivers but got pressure in his face. No pressure = he throws left to the short pattern.

Seen Bengal fans crying about that the last couple days as an what if he didn't get pressure. If he didn't...it was going to the left short...

It was 4th and 1. It was a quick pass, he was looking left to the two receivers but got pressure in his face. No pressure = he throws left to the short pattern.

Seen Bengal fans crying about that the last couple days as an what if he didn't get pressure. If he didn't...it was going to the left short...
Wrong I've watched more Bengal games than you have, Chase is his favorite receiver, he was going to Chase. Burrow is very good at looking away the defense. Burrow would have gone for the kill.

Last edited:
Wrong I've watched more Bengal games than you have, Chase is his favorite receiver, he was going to Chase. Burrow is very good at looking away the defense. Burrow would have gone for the kill.S

Biigf, so you think a QB who was sacked 7 times, in a 4th in 1 situation, against that rush, was going to look left at his fist two options, then right and go 40 yards down field?

If that was called by ZT Bengals fans woulda been hollering how awful a call it was because if the reasons I just stated.

You're not that delusional my man.

Biigf, so you think a QB who was sacked 7 times, in a 4th in 1 situation, against that rush, was going to look left at his fist two options, then right and go 40 yards down field?

If that was called by ZT Bengals fans woulda been hollering how awful a call it was because if the reasons I just stated.

You're not that delusional my man.
Watch the replay, Burrow pumped fake over the middle or receiver not open, he would have gone to Chase if he had time. Chase is his no.1 receiver esp. when the no. 1 option had been taken away. Go back to your bandwagon stealer thread nothing worse than a title chasing fan.

Last edited:
Watch the replay, Burrow pumped fake over the middle or receiver not open, he would have gone to Chase if he had time. Chase is his no.1 receiver esp. when the no. 1 option had been taken away. Go back to your bandwagon stealer thread nothing worse than a title chasing fan.
He was going left the whole time. If he had 5seconds....maybe....but on a 4 and 1 in a game hr had no time they are not going to call a play where he looks and faces left , and then goes right deep down field.... ain't happening. On that play....chase was the last option. So yeah....if he had all the time in the world maybe...but in a 4-1 he is going to the first open guy who gets him the first down.

The Rams in the 2nd half took the short passing game away knowing Burrow had little time to throw, Burrows 1st option was not open, or he was pump faking, he would have thrown deep to Chase before throwing to Perine (who does not have great hands). As far as ZT, he knows Mikey boy has his back, he is not worried about the fans opinion.

Last edited:
The Rams in the 2nd half took the short passing game away knowing Burrow had little time to throw, Burrows 1st option was not open, or he was pump faking, he would have thrown deep to Chase before throwing to Perine (who does not have great hands). As far as ZT, he knows Mikey boy has his back, he is not worried about the fans opinion.
Again. What makes you think on that situation he would suddenly have all the time in the world for that? To go to chase the y woulda done token play action and deep quickly....not look and turn one way...then try deep the other. I thought you were a smarter football guy than this.

Pro Football Focus gave the Bengal oline a 14% win rate on pass blocking for the game. This was the worse pass blocking win rate by any team for the entire 2021 NFL season - that 272 regular season games and 14 playoff games. In what world does Burrow have the 2.2+ seconds to stand in the pocket, look left, comeback to his right to complete that pass to Chase? If Burrow was able to escape the pocket to his right extending the play then yes, he possibly could have made that play…..just have to avoid Donald, Miller and the rest of the Rams pass rush.

Fortunately Burrow does not need surgery. His 71 sacks this season (regular season post season combined) are 3rd all time by a qb. Houston qb David Carr took 76 sacks and Phi Randall Cunningham took 72 in a season.

Yeah, Burrow definitely wouldn't do something like throw a 32 yard reception on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.

Yeah, Burrow definitely wouldn't do something like throw a 32 yard reception on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.
I could see that as a play call where he goes foe the kill, as you can get rid of it semi quickly as a back shoulder or a fade, but that wasn't the call. The qb doesn't look and turn opposite way when they run those. If he bad time he was throwing it left. Ruah was direcly going into where he throwing and had to scramble.

The third and one play was dumb and in mu opinion set up the drive failure