2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland.com's primary HS writer, Matt Goul, came out with his best in class football player ranking for NEO and only 1 Bengal made it, Iliano at #24 on the class of '23 list. Very shocked that Jennings didn't make it on the '24 list, especially with the parade of big name schools that have made a stop at the Benny lately to visit him. Also Hoban's Sperling at 14 behind a slew of lesser RBs?!? I usually respect Matt's takes but not a lot of research went into this in my opinion...

2023:

2024:

Thank you for posting this. A fellow Yappi poster clued me In on the copy paste function in google to be able to read these without a subscription.

Cleveland.com's primary HS writer, Matt Goul, came out with his best in class football player ranking for NEO and only 1 Bengal made it, Iliano at #24 on the class of '23 list. Very shocked that Jennings didn't make it on the '24 list, especially with the parade of big name schools that have made a stop at the Benny lately to visit him. Also Hoban's Sperling at 14 behind a slew of lesser RBs?!? I usually respect Matt's takes but not a lot of research went into this in my opinion...

2023:

2024:
Goul also told some of the coaches Walsh had better offensive skill positions than Benedictine :unsure:

2023:

2024:
Kareem was added at 18 on the 2024 list.

Round of applause for Joe Schaefer (Class of 2004) on being hired to the Texas A&M Football Staff away from Youngstown State! Joe was head coach at Benedictine for our last title in 2014. He also won one as a player in 2003.

And even better, his replacement will be Jahmal Brown (Class if 2006), who was apart of the 2002 State Runner-Up and 2003 & 2004 State Championship Teams

I have heard Iliano is looking to transfer, maybe with his buddy to Heights. Have heard he is not a big fan of some coaches/which coaches are leaving as well as many of his buddies no longer playing football at Bene. May think he'll get more looks elsewhere?

I have heard Iliano is looking to transfer, maybe with his buddy to Heights. Have heard he is not a big fan of some coaches/which coaches are leaving as well as many of his buddies no longer playing football at Bene. May think he'll get more looks elsewhere?
I thought I heard he was a legacy, is this the case?

Please explain....I can use a good laugh today....which buddy at Hts? Which coaches and finally who is not playing football? I will wait

Come on man you gotta be more specific when there are multiple Illiano’s in the school! ?

Least our detractors point out

-Jerome Baker (Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee - Highest reward one can get in football)

-Chuck Noll (4-Time Super Bowl winning Coach. One of the best NFL Coaches of all time)

-The Russo Brothers (Directors of the Marvel Movie, The Avengers Franchise)

-Terry Pluto (Sports writer)

-Rich Paul (CEO and Founder of Klutch Sports. Represents LeBron James and many high profile athletes)

-James “Jim” Trueman (Founder of the Red Roof Inn and TrueSports Racing who won the 1986 Indianapolis 500)

-Cautius Clay (Award Winning R&B Singer)

-DJ Steph Floss (Cleveland DJ. In house DJ for the CLE Browns and Cavaliers)

-Najee Goode (Super Bowl Champion)

-Ron Trzcinski (President and Founder of The Original Mattress Factory)

-Tom Weiskopf (US & British Open Winner. Famous golf course architect)

-Bishop Roger Gries (Bishop of Cleveland)

-Mike Easler (1979 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Champion)

-16 Total NFL Players (5th most in Ohio HS History)

-8 State Football Championships (4th most in Ohio and the only school in Ohio History to win one in each of the last five decades)

-2 State Basketball Championships

And so many more unrecognized names on this list that deserve tons of credit for being outstanding Men of Benedictine
and has owned my alma mater(13-4) with 16 of 17 games in Fremont

I didn't say it was true, just that I heard this was so. This person told me about transfers to heights(a DL and RB) that appear to be true. If by legacy you mean his younger brother, I heard his Iliano's father was not pleased with what the coaches did with his younger son, so they both could be gone

I didn't say it was true, just that I heard this was so. This person told me about transfers to heights(a DL and RB) that appear to be true. If by legacy you mean his younger brother, I heard his Iliano's father was not pleased with what the coaches did with his younger son, so they both could be gone
Eggs....this has been explained at least 2 or 3 times now....the RB was expelled from school for behavior and left in Oct and the DL(initials LT) is still at Benedictine....I guess we will see who has the correct info

Eggs....this has been explained at least 2 or 3 times now....the RB was expelled from school for behavior and left in Oct and the DL(initials LT) is still at Benedictine....I guess we will see who has the correct info
I meant the presumed starter(10) with all that was happening I heard went to heights. I also thought it got confirmed, maybe even by you grind, that LT had went there too? Obviously if these things are not true as you say, the Iliano claim would hold less water but I am just relaying what I have heard like everyone else

I meant the presumed starter(10) with all that was happening I heard went to heights. I also thought it got confirmed, maybe even by you grind, that LT had went there too? Obviously if these things are not true as you say, the Iliano claim would hold less water but I am just relaying what I have heard like everyone else
If you are talking about Baker....he went to Maple Hts not Clev Hts and LT had grade issues but I heard he improved and is still in school

If you are talking about Baker....he went to Maple Hts not Clev Hts and LT had grade issues but I heard he improved and is still in school
Happy to hear that about LT. Kid worked really hard last off season and made a huge jump, if he makes anything close to another jump like that he’ll be a really important piece in a position group that can’t afford to lose many guys.
Hope the giant freshman stays too, could really use those 2 guys.

Happy to hear that about LT. Kid worked really hard last off season and made a huge jump, if he makes anything close to another jump like that he’ll be a really important piece in a position group that can’t afford to lose many guys. Hope the giant freshman stays too, could really use those 2 guys.

Sandale comes down to his moms job offer about relocating I heard

What coaches are leaving that would effect his daily grind?

How many State Championships has Heights won?

Transferring from Benedictine to Heights would be silly. Sure they’ve had some great players come thru there, but it’s a lesser program. Lesser competition. Lesser tradition. There’s no boxes they check over Benedictine.

I'm hearing a very good mix of CYO talent and public school districts for the incoming football Frosh class and still not done yet
Heard the same. Lots of positive things. I have a relative coming in. One already there . Exciting times .
off subject , I am very curious to see Coach Salata’s incoming freshmen basketball team . His own players. And can he bring in some help for varsity , next season.

Heard the same. Lots of positive things. I have a relative coming in. One already there . Exciting times .
off subject , I am very curious to see Coach Salata’s incoming freshmen basketball team . His own players. And can he bring in some help for varsity , next season.
It's been very quiet on the hoops front w recruits from what I hear

Status
Not open for further replies.